• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TWRP][PACE/STRATOS/VERGE]Official/Unofficial TWRP 3.x recovery for Amazfit

Search This thread

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

Features:
  • All function in a normal TWRP
  • Multi-language support
  • MTP
  • Backup/Restore

Install guide:
1. Install fastboot tools from google's sdk on your PC
2. Enter fastboot mode
3. Unlock your bootloader
4. Run "fastboot flash recovery imgfilename.img" in command line ( if you want you can go in recovery from bastboot using this command "fastboot boot imgfilename.img" )
5. Reboot and enjoy it:)

Download:
Official Pace TWRPs
TWRP 3.2.3-6 Pace A1602 Full
TWRP 3.2.3-7 Pace A1612 Full
TWRP 3.2.3-5 Stratos Full
TWRP 3.2.3-5 Verge Full

Source code:

Thanks to @TingyiChen for the base

DONATE LINK

If you want to support the project please consider making a donation, thanks.

Created 2018-11-28

Last edited:

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk

lfom

Mar 14, 2015
Huawei P Smart
Full is a full size without corners, the small have corners so it smaller than full img

It's related to the screen resolution then, right? OK, I got it.

Once again, thanks a lot for the build. I have installed it on Pace and it seemed to work fine. A few remarks:

1. The identifiers for "device" and "model" are different from the normal firmware, so it's not possible to install stock firmware or OTAs, probably it can be fixed easily:

Code:
getprop("ro.product.device") == "watch" 
getprop("ro.build.huami.model") == "A1602"

2. The touchscreen seems to need some calibration, sometimes the button identified as touched isn't the correct one, it's even harder with smaller options.

3. It seems that sometimes the screen doesn't update: after I tap a button, I need to swipe the screen so it is refreshed and you can see the new content. It's kinda dangerous because you can tap somewhere you don't want to when doing this... No idea how this can be improved, tho.

4. After a installing, I could do a backup, etc, but the next reboot the recovery was replaced by the stock one (it shows "No command" after boot). Do you know how to prevent this? Never mind, I found the cause. ;)

Keep it up! Regards.

Last edited:

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk
It's related to the screen resolution then, right? OK, I got it.

Once again, thanks a lot for the build. I have installed it on Pace and it seemed to work fine. A few remarks:

1. The identifiers for "device" and "model" are different from the normal firmware, so it's not possible to install stock firmware or OTAs, probably it can be fixed easily:

Code:
getprop("ro.product.device") == "watch" 
getprop("ro.build.huami.model") == "A1602"

2. The touchscreen seems to need some calibration, sometimes the button identified as touched isn't the correct one, it's even harder with smaller options.

3. It seems that sometimes the screen doesn't update: after I tap a button, I need to swipe the screen so it is refreshed and you can see the new content. It's kinda dangerous because you can tap somewhere you don't want to when doing this... No idea how this can be improved, tho.

4. After a installing, I could do a backup, etc, but the next reboot the recovery was replaced by the stock one (it shows "No command" after boot). Do you know how to prevent this? Never mind, I found the cause. ;)

Keep it up! Regards.

New twrps pubblished, also verge supported now.
Now you can flash stock roms, for the touch i can't do nothing, is a kernel problem.

Reactions: lfom

lfom

Mar 14, 2015
Huawei P Smart
New twrps pubblished, also verge supported now.
Now you can flash stock roms, for the touch i can't do nothing, is a kernel problem.

I am sorry, but it didn't change anything (I am still getting the same IDs with 3.2.3-5 installed on Pace) . Anyway, Huami updates also check for the installed version signature, so unless there is a way to read device's build.prop during boot, I think it won't work.

Another question: I could not get "show_progress(fraction, time)" to work correctly in any flashing script, it always goes to 100%. It works fine when backuping/restoring tho. Known bug?

Thanks again. Regards.

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk
I am sorry, but it didn't change anything (I am still getting the same IDs with 3.2.3-5 installed on Pace) . Anyway, Huami updates also check for the installed version signature, so unless there is a way to read device's build.prop during boot, I think it won't work.

Another question: I could not get "show_progress(fraction, time)" to work correctly in any flashing script, it always goes to 100%. It works fine when backuping/restoring tho. Known bug?

Thanks again. Regards.

Can you share a stock rom zip?

Top Liked Posts