• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TWRP Recovery, Android 9 Pie

Search This thread

SaiLas

Apr 11, 2011
Odessa
Warning! Warning! Warning!
All yours Data and files from internal storage will be lost. So make backup all what you need before continuing

First read Bootloader Unlock and Root Instruction

So your bootloader is unlocked and you want TWRP-recovery on yours V35.

1. Download the necessary kernel

Boot+TWRPv3.3.1_only-V35-Pie-ULM20F.img - boot.img from latest V350ULM20f firmware

Boot+TWRPv3.3.1-V35-Pie-ULM20E.img - boot.img from V350ULM20e firmware

2. Flashing

a) Via Root: if you already have unlocked bootloader and root just copy downloaded f-or-e.img on internal sdcard, run CMD on PC and type

adb shell

su

dd if=/sdcard/_downloaded_.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot_a

or

dd if=/sdcard/_downloaded_.img.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot_b

reboot recovery

b) Via Qfil: all you need to know is here Bootloader Unlock and Root Instruction

3. Go to recovery ( via buttons or adb reboot recovery )

In recovery you will see a message that the data is encrypted and you need a password, :D which you not have.
Click cancel, agree to change system files.

In main menu click Install and select attached file Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip

In Wipe menu swipe right, then go back, Format Data - type "yes"

Install latest Magisk.zip

Reboot - System

Done!

Attachments

• Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 215

notanymore

Apr 27, 2013
Warning! Warning! Warning!
All yours Data and files from internal storage will be lost. So make backup all what you need before continuing

First read Bootloader Unlock and Root Instruction

So your bootloader is unlocked and you want TWRP-recovery on yours V35.

1. Download the necessary kernel

Boot+TWRPv3.3.1_only-V35-Pie-ULM20F.img - boot.img from latest V350ULM20f firmware

Boot+TWRPv3.3.1-V35-Pie-ULM20E.img - boot.img from V350ULM20e firmware

2. Flashing

a) Via Root: if you already have unlocked bootloader and root just copy downloaded f-or-e.img on internal sdcard, run CMD on PC and type

adb shell

su

dd if=/sdcard/_downloaded_.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot_a

or

dd if=/sdcard/_downloaded_.img.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot_b

reboot recovery

b) Via Qfil: all you need to know is here Bootloader Unlock and Root Instruction

3. Go to recovery ( via buttons or adb reboot recovery )

In recovery you will see a message that the data is encrypted and you need a password, :D which you not have.
Click cancel, agree to change system files.

In main menu click Install and select attached file Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip

In Wipe menu swipe right, then go back, Format Data - type "yes"

Install latest Magisk.zip

Reboot - System

Done!

Can bootloader be unlocked on ATT V35 V350AWM I can't find it anywhere? There seems to be some talk it cannot be done?

issc

Aug 31, 2018
During flashing, you may see error messages about 'unable to unmount vendor'. This is fine as long as the zip flashing doesn't fail halfway.

realllllllllllly important. I kept getting unable to mount xx (one of vendor system systemroot randomly) and didn't notice it meant the magisk sticked until I gave up and was ready to settle with no twrp.

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta

SaiLas

Apr 11, 2011
Odessa
after flashing twrp on a/b, Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip (http://Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip), and Magisk, my v35 wont boot, it got stuck on LG logo, I can go back to TWRP.

Is there any kernel, boot img I have to flash it? Im on this V350ULM20f_00_NAO_US_OP_0218.kdz Pie build

Attachments

• Boot+TWRPv3.3.1_only-V35-Pie-ULM20F.img
    64 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: zfk110

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
Did you wipe your data after flashing the files?
The same happened to me once, I solved that by flashing via upgrade the stock firmware, and then re-rooted.
I just went back to TWRP and used his boot.img to flash within TWRP to boot's partition and then I was able to boot without any issues, I was thinking the same, but it looked more work to do.

gitgudgusgus

Jul 22, 2021

Top Liked Posts