[TWRP] [Recovery] [E6553] [E6533] Xperia Z3+ FOTA recovery

Are you satisfied?

• Total voters
Search This thread

MotexT

Aug 25, 2014
Paris
Hello guys!

Today I want to present you fully working recovery for our beloved Xperia Z3+/Z4 device! I ported it from Z5 devices, as it has the same board under the hood. For now it`s TWRP 3.0.0-0, and i will try to keep it up to date. Also it will stay with you for as long as you want, just don`t reflash your FOTA partition. Files or download links, with a little "How-to" you can find below.

Guide for installing to /recovery partition
  1. Put twrp1.img/twrp2.img to Fastboot folder
  2. Hold Shift and then right click on the window
  3. Then "Open command line here"
  4. In command line write "fastboot flash recovery twrp1.img/twrp2.img"
  5. Connect your phone holding Vol+ button
  6. A blue LED will light up for a while, you will receive "Done or Ok" in command line
  7. After that disconnect your phone abd turn it on
  8. And when orange/yellow LED will appear on Sony logo, press Vol+ one time
  9. Soon you will enter the recovery main menu

Guide for installing to /FOTAKernel partition
  1. For the first time you need to install appropriate kernel from my Drive Folder. Just "Ivy" is for Single Sim, when "Ivy_dsds" is for Dual Sim.
  2. Put twrp1.img/twrp2.img to your /sdcard folder
  3. Download and install Terminal Emulator
  4. Then open Terminal Emulator
  5. In command line first write "su", then give it SuperUser permission
  6. Then, after giving Terminal SU Permissions, write "dd if=/sdcard/twrp[1 or 2, depends on your phone version].img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/FOTAKernel"
  7. After that reboot your phone
  8. And when orange/yellow LED will appear on Sony logo, press Vol- to load recovery from /FOTAKernel partition

twrp1.img is for SingleSim and twrp2.img is for DualSim respectively
AFTER THE INSTALLATION, TO ENTER THE RECOVERY, JUST PRESS VOL+ ONCE AFTER YELLOW/ORANGE LED ON SONY LOGO IF YOU'VE INSTALLED IT TO /RECOVERY PARTITION, OTHERWISE PRESS VOL-, LIKE I HAVE DESCRIBED IN THE GUIDE

Credits:

Download links:
  • Drive Folder [Head to Recovery Folder for Recoveries and to Kernel Folder for kernels respectively]
Will upload more ways to download soon. Stay tuned!

MotexT

Last edited:

MotexT

Aug 25, 2014
Paris
Changelog:​

14/05/2016​
- Kernel updated to work with Recovery from /FOTAKernel
- Recovery included into kernel image as /recovery partition [Ver. 3.0.2-0] ; [No more need to install it manually in /recovery partition as it's described in OP]

Last edited:

lilloscar

Feb 8, 2012
Chihuahua, Mx.
Thanks to this and you, now I have recovered the DRM's and great functions again like a supposed to work camera (auto focus good photos, no super heat lagging on photo&videos), screen colors... and maybe others that I ignore...
I am root flashing SuperSU and have working root apps and Xposed, in this app with the restriction of only using Greenify and Xposed Torch as safe modules till now, because I get stuck on the boot screen using other modules, I solved this problem of not boot device in the following steps:
-Power off the device by pressing VolUp+ and PowerButton, doing this vibrate 3 times and power off.
-Power on the device by presing PowerButton and then vibrate as always one time, immediately keep pressing PowerButton for about 10 seconds, in this lapse phone will have a serial of vibrations, then the phone starts normally but with the Xposed app disabled... I didn't know what I really made but this worked for me.

This post are being reporting Working Xposed Modules on MM :cool:

Reactions: MotexT

endemania

Apr 9, 2011
Last edited:
Thanks to this and you, now I have recovered the DRM's and great functions again like a supposed to work camera (auto focus good photos, no super heat lagging on photo&videos), screen colors... and maybe others that I ignore...
I am root flashing SuperSU and have working root apps and Xposed, in this app with the restriction of only using Greenify and Xposed Torch as safe modules till now, because I get stuck on the boot screen using other modules, I solved this problem of not boot device in the following steps:
-Power off the device by pressing VolUp+ and PowerButton, doing this vibrate 3 times and power off.
-Power on the device by presing PowerButton and then vibrate as always one time, immediately keep pressing PowerButton for about 10 seconds, in this lapse phone will have a serial of vibrations, then the phone starts normally but with the Xposed app disabled... I didn't know what I really made but this worked for me.

Could you please show me the link to restore DRM for Z3+. Please.

tatomolina11

Apr 5, 2013
Tegucigalpa
Does it work permanently? I flashed one in hotboot using flashtool but it is not working I need to use flashtool every time I want to access twrp BTW I have a Z3+ Dual can someone help and can tell me if this works permanently?

Sent from my E6533 using XDA-Developers mobile app

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Does it work permanently? I flashed one in hotboot using flashtool but it is not working I need to use flashtool every time I want to access twrp BTW I have a Z3+ Dual can someone help and can tell me if this works permanently?

Sent from my E6533 using XDA-Developers mobile app

As the name hotboot suggests, it works only that one time. Follow the instructions in the first post to flash it.

Reactions: tatomolina11

EnemyBreaker

Sep 24, 2015
Hey there!!,
I've done all these steps and for some reason when I boot up my device it dosent show an orange or a yellow LED to get into the recovery mode since I've updated it into marshmallow.
I hope you help me out whit this and thanks :)
Btw my device is Xperia z3+ dual E6533

Last edited:

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
MotexT asked me to post this to his thread:

Hello. Unfortunately, my laptop was destroyed (thx to my little sister), also two days ago someone has stolen my phone - not the best days in my life. Right now I'm working to earn some money and buy new laptop, and ASAP a new phone (will be Z4 or Z5). Stay tuned, anyways. As you can see, I have not responding for a while, actually because I've lost all, sorry for delay.

cenkirpal

Oct 1, 2015
Mount system

I've flash the recovery and root the phone, but my system is still unmounted, where is my mistake ?
Hope there is any answer

alvibdn

Jun 23, 2015
Confirm working on Z3+ Dual E6533
You can download rootable kernel for E6533 on this thread (choose sxz3plus_ivy_dsds_MM_Rootable_Permissive_boot.img)
Then flash twrp2.img from this thread, flash supersu 2.66 and finally flash drmrestore.zip

Hello sir,
Please can help how to root E6533 dual detail. Try to flashtool fastboot mode (sxz3plus_ivy_dsds_MM_Rootable_Permissive_boot.img)
Than twrp2.img file.
After how to install super su zip
Than another file how it possible
Please sir help me
After I am very happy to
Please sir wetting for mail or comments

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys!

Today I want to present you fully working recovery for our beloved Xperia Z3+/Z4 device! I ported it from Z5 devices, as it has the same board under the hood. For now it`s TWRP 3.0.0-0, and i will try to keep it up to date. Also it will stay with you for as long as you want, just don`t reflash your FOTA partition. Files or download links, with a little "How-to" you can find below.

Guide for installing to /recovery partition
    1. Put twrp1.img/twrp2.img to Fastboot folder
    2. Hold Shift and then right click on the window
    3. Then "Open command line here"
    4. In command line write "fastboot flash recovery twrp1.img/twrp2.img"
    5. Connect your phone holding Vol+ button
    6. A blue LED will light up for a while, you will receive "Done or Ok" in command line
    7. After that disconnect your phone abd turn it on
    8. And when orange/yellow LED will appear on Sony logo, press Vol+ one time

Guide for installing to /FOTAKernel partition
    1. For the first time you need to install appropriate kernel from my Drive Folder. Just "Ivy" is for Single Sim, when "Ivy_dsds" is for Dual Sim.
    2. Put twrp1.img/twrp2.img to your /sdcard folder
    3. Download and install Terminal Emulator
    4. Then open Terminal Emulator
    5. In command line first write "su", then give it SuperUser permission
    6. Then, after giving Terminal SU Permissions, write "dd if=/sdcard/twrp[1 or 2, depends on your phone version].img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/FOTAKernel"
    7. After that reboot your phone
    8. And when orange/yellow LED will appear on Sony logo, press Vol- to load recovery from /FOTAKernel partition

twrp1.img is for SingleSim and twrp2.img is for DualSim respectively
    AFTER THE INSTALLATION, TO ENTER THE RECOVERY, JUST PRESS VOL+ ONCE AFTER YELLOW/ORANGE LED ON SONY LOGO IF YOU'VE INSTALLED IT TO /RECOVERY PARTITION, OTHERWISE PRESS VOL-, LIKE I HAVE DESCRIBED IN THE GUIDE

Credits:

Download links:
    • Drive Folder [Head to Recovery Folder for Recoveries and to Kernel Folder for kernels respectively]
    Will upload more ways to download soon. Stay tuned!

MotexT
    Can someone give me a link to a kernel to root the Z3+ dual I want to try out this recovery
    Confirm working on Z3+ Dual E6533
    You can download rootable kernel for E6533 on this thread (choose sxz3plus_ivy_dsds_MM_Rootable_Permissive_boot.img)
    Then flash twrp2.img from this thread, flash supersu 2.66 and finally flash drmrestore.zip
    Could you please show me the link to restore DRM for Z3+. Please.
    Here is it ;) Cheers!
    For me OTG works as expected on stock MM (.185 build). Check USB Connectivity in Device Connection [Settings].

Off topic, but the best way to use USB I've found is to add "detect USB device" to your quick settings. Plug in and tap it, worked for me even when I otherwise had OTG troubles on Lolli.