• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TWRP recovery for ZUK Z2 (standard and pro)

Search This thread

raimondomartire

Nov 9, 2005
Salerno
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Last edited:

Martion(UA)

Mar 7, 2016
Hi,
have russian languages for ZUK Z2? Have maybe something custom system?
There is information that in the future the Russian language in the official version?
TY

MikeS.

Aug 3, 2010
Here my recovery (I'm testing now all functions)

z2 --> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424945674
z2 pro --> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424945665

You must flash in fastboot with this command
fastboot -i 0x2b4c boot recovery.img

Bug: Mouse cursor on center of screen. I can't delete it without kernel sources. Zuk don't release it until now

Have you read about this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/zuk-z2-pro/how-to/zuk-z2-pro-source-code-released-t3431655

ZUK Z2 Pro Source Code release.

Reactions: dontaro

billp

Aug 27, 2009
how can I boot in TWRP recovery? If I choose reboot recovery it boots in stock recovery and I'm forced to flash TWRP averytime...

Should i flash this command:
fastboot -i 0x2b4c recovery recovery.img
instead this:
fastboot -i 0x2b4c boot recovery.img
?

Last edited:

dreinulldrei

Nov 4, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro
Do you boot into recovery straight after flashing? On regular Android builds (well, the majority of them) a modified recovery is restored with stock during reboot.

Usually you need to boot into recovery straight after flashing it for the recovery to make the necessary changes.

MikeS.

Aug 3, 2010
@billp

The command:
fastboot -i 0x2b4c recovery recovery.img

"Only" booting into recovery. This is for devs to test, if a recovery is working.

If you want to flash a recovery you've to use the command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

I haven't tested this yet, maybe you'll brick your phone with that command.

So beware

Last edited:

billp

Aug 27, 2009
I don't know how or why, but now it works properly. It boot in twrp recovery instead stock recovery.

Στάλθηκε από το zuk z2 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Phuturist

May 12, 2010
on XDA
It should be mentioned in the first post that this version of TWRP does not work in flashing CM13. You will need the chinese version of TWRP but I'm unable to find it ...

Sredna76

Nov 20, 2006
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
Chinese version of TWRP

I finally unlocked my bootloader and flashed the chinese version of TWRP (recovery-TWRP-3.0.2-20160712-ZUK_Z2_PRO-CN-wzsx150.img) and by much luck also managed to root my phone when trying to exit to system from the TWRP menu. Is there any button to click to change the language ? Or is there another TWRP that will work with CM13 and others?
My ZUK Z2 Pro was delivered with the "international version" ZUI 2.0.0.48 ST that has no upgrade options.

Top Liked Posts