[TWRP][RECOVERY][PIE] TWRP 3.3.1-0+ for the LG G7 ThinQ

Halogen_03

Sep 29, 2019
briccked my g7 running android 8.0 following this guide, so i'd say its important. stuck at "enter sahara mode"
Well, crap.

In hindsight, I wish I'd bought the ULM or EU varaiants instead, but I wanted to ensure that it'd work on Verizon's janky-ass system.

Last edited:

DrewDaPilot

Feb 1, 2019
unbricking was pretty easy, if you get bricked on accident use this guide https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2432476
Unfortunately in my case my device has been acting strange. The image with root caused my bootloader to then lock itself again. I did a magisk update by accident and somehow this caused the bootloader to relock itself!?

I have been trying this guide on my ULM device but TWRP is never booted properly. The button combination post flashing does not work for me, and I am not able to proceed as the guide suggests. the "Factory Reset" menu does appear, but upon pressing the second yes, it simply cycles the boot. Thanks in advance,

Drew.

Awesomeslayerg

Jul 5, 2014
Los Angeles
I have gotteh twrp to work with the ulm21d. Ill be writing a tutorial soon and hopefully with pictures! Maybe someone could do a video as well. I managed to somehow also have fastboot enabled as well on the 21ulm. Ill be looking into it in the coming daysm

ninjamirage

Jun 20, 2010
I have gotteh twrp to work with the ulm21d. Ill be writing a tutorial soon and hopefully with pictures! Maybe someone could do a video as well. I managed to somehow also have fastboot enabled as well on the 21ulm. Ill be looking into it in the coming daysm
I would like to try this. Could you retain TWRP with partition DL? What is the diff between 21d and 20e (US model)

Awesomeslayerg

Jul 5, 2014
Los Angeles
I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Before I flash it I wanted to ask if you notice any performance difference between 11g (oreo) and 21d. Is it just as fast?
Same performance really. I havent used oreo cause once i got my phone i immediately updated to pie. It works with most up to date apps at least.