[TWRP][RECOVERY][PIE] TWRP 3.3.1-0+ for the LG G7 ThinQ

FlyingPersian

Feb 21, 2014
Hello,

Followed the tutorial and managed to get into TWRP. I copied a custom ROM zip via Windows onto the internal storage (into Download), but for some reason I cannot see any files in /storage/ nor /sdcard/ from within TWRP. Am I doing something wrong? I mounted everything as read-write on first start of TWRP.

Edit: Solution: /data was still encrypted. Fix: https://************/how-to-fix-twrp-unable-to-mount-storage-internal-storage-0mb/

Last edited:

strifej

Feb 4, 2008
So, this universal twrp will work with any pie firmware? I'm on ULM 20e. Is it safe to flash it to boot, or use fastboot every time to boot it when I need?

I'll ask while I'm at it. Once I get into TWRP, all I want to do is rename logd and remove the poweron sound.

Do I need to flash the universal dm-verity from zack before doing it? Can someone give me the steps I should do?

Thx

Last edited:

Angelos771

Aug 27, 2017
Is there any way to make a full nandroid backup and install it in case something goes wrong? I mean is there any way apart from doing it via using twrp. Also , can you install the stock ROM with this twrp? Sorry if the questions I asked are stupid but I'm new to custom ROMs

sandronejm

Nov 10, 2018
TWRP was unable to mount storage image!!! got 0mb
I am on 20e PIE.
How to decript it???

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Hello,

Followed the tutorial and managed to get into TWRP. I copied a custom ROM zip via Windows onto the internal storage (into Download), but for some reason I cannot see any files in /storage/ nor /sdcard/ from within TWRP. Am I doing something wrong? I mounted everything as read-write on first start of TWRP.

Edit: Solution: /data was still encrypted. Fix: https://************/how-to-fix-twrp-unable-to-mount-storage-internal-storage-0mb/
how did you fix it man? the link is not working. I got exactly the same problem!
please

logs
Failed to mount '/data' (unknow error 150)
Unable to recreate /data/media folder.
Updating partition details...
...done
Unable to mount storage, decryption needed first
Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP. twrps

edit:
I am booting twrp this way:
fastboot boot twrp-universal.img
should I type
fastboot flash boot twrp-universal.img
what are the difference from these 2 commands?

Last edited:

FlyingPersian

Feb 21, 2014
TWRP was unable to mount storage image!!! got 0mb
I am on 20e PIE.
How to decript it???

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

how did you fix it man? the link is not working. I got exactly the same problem!
please

logs
Unable to recreate /data/media folder.
Updating partition details...
...done
Unable to mount storage, decryption needed first
Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP. twrps

edit:
I am booting twrp this way:
fastboot boot twrp-universal.img
should I type
fastboot flash boot twrp-universal.img
what are the difference from these 2 commands?
I don't remember 100%, but I think the important part was to wipe everything. Once everything is gone you should be able to re-mount everything within TWRP

Deni-gbr

May 30, 2020
Twrp

hi everyone i wanted to know if this twrp i can use it on my g7 v20p brand tim updated with the security patch of april 1st ????. the bootloader is unlocked i want to be sure not to run into any problems thanks in advance

TheBranks

Feb 20, 2014
TWRP faild to "install" {partition in unlocked state}

I failed to boot twrp. In CMD throw out the error.
===>sending 'recovery' writing 'recovery' ... failed (remote: cannot flash this partition in unlocked state)<===

I have LMG10EM V30b-EUR-XX stock android 10, bootloader is unlocked. And phone is rooted. What is the problem?