TWRP Recovery's and Root for Redmi Pro | All Versions

Search This thread

defated

Mar 27, 2008
I flashed miui v8.5.3 and it works fine...but i noticed that i cannot use twrp/root the phone as it only stuck at miui logo if i root it.....can someone help me how to root for v.8.5.3?

YenChen Je

Jul 28, 2017
Any method for letting it copy the files if I'm in MTP? Can't seem to copy files when I'm in MTP, and because I forgot to copy SuperSU when the device can still be powered on, and because I do not have a SD Card with me at the moment, I can't do anything, any fixes for this? Version, TWRP 3.0.3-0 by Hanuma50, Redmi Pro X25, 3GB/64GB

antoinnevongenesis

Oct 23, 2012
How about root for v9.2.1.0

I havent upgraded yet because i have some doubts of what will happen to my root. I dont know if this is the right place to ask but will i lost root if i update? If ever i lost root can it be rooted again using the same process? Will the bootloader be affected also (TWRP)? Thanks if ever someone will reply.

Arpag

Mar 14, 2014
HI, i installed the china rom and twrp but now i can't access the twrp. It starts and passes throw the mi logo even pressing vol up. Can someone help me? I'm trying to root but cant access twrp

Arpag

Mar 14, 2014
I flashed using fastboot method and now i have the chinese rom... Is it possible to go from chinese to global?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TW.png

TWRP Collection for Redmi Pro
    DISCLAIMER
    Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you

GUIDE FOR TWRP install & ROOT
    Xiaomi Redmi Pro {ALL VERSIONS} TWRP download and Redmi Pro root

This guide will help you install TWRP and root Redmi Pro, the first step is to install TWRP custom recovery on the Redmi Pro. The process contains quite a few steps, but most of them take just a few seconds.

If it looks daunting, don’t worry, take each step one by one and you’ll come through with TWRP and a rooted Redmi Pro within just a few minutes.

Prerequisites and note

You must have an unlocked bootloader to follow this guide; flashing through fastboot requires an unlocked bootloader. If your Redmi Pro bootloader isn’t unlocked yet, go to the official Xiaomi unlock page to begin the process.
    You need to backup anything you don’t want lost to your PC or a TF SD card; for TWRP to work, you may need to factory reset. You will lose all user data. Backup all important data BEFORE you flash the TWRP.{only if you choose twrp 3.0.20}
    1. WHATS INCLUDED

PASSWORD IS"kristi6.9"

a.Auto installer for adb commands, adb drivers and fastboot commands– These are the tools that will allow your PC to communicate with your mobile.
    View attachment adb-setup-1.4.2.zip
    b.Redmi Pro TWRP custom recovery used for rooting and flashing custom ROMs onto Redmi Pro.-links below
    c.Redmi Pro root SuperSU.zip– The SuperSU.zip used for rooting Redmi Pro through TWRP recovery(extract it to get supersu binary +supersuapk+supersu premium)link below

2. Install the adb drivers and fastboot commands

Extract the above download.
    Run “adb-setup.exe”.
    Hit “Y” to all 3 questions.
    The Google adb driver installer will then popup. Go ahead and allow and install.

3. Prepare your Xiaomi Redmi Pro

Settings >> About phone >> Tap “MIUI Version” seven times.
    Hit the back button. You should then be at the main settings menu.
    Go to “Additional settings” >> “Developer options” >> “USB Debugging”.
    A warning will pop up. Go ahead and allow.
    Plug your phone to PC via USB cable.
    You should then see a pop up request on your Redmi Pro to give your PC USB debugging permissions. Go ahead and allow.

4. Copy the TWRP and open the command window

Open Windows Explorer and go to “c:/adb”.
    Copy “twrp.img” to “c:/adb”.
    IN A BLANK SPACE (not on a filename etc…), hold SHIFT while RIGHT-CLICK
    Select “Open command window here”. You should then see a small black window open.

5. Boot into bootloader and fastboot flash the TWRP

In the black command window type “adb reboot bootloader”. Hit Enter. Wait about 10 seconds and you should then see your Redmi Pro says “Fastboot” along with the Xiaomi Mascot.
    In the black command window type “fastboot flash recovery twrp.img”. Hit Enter.
    You should then see that the file has flashed successfully (OKAY). It all takes just a second. (see pic and video)

6. Boot into TWRP

In the black command window, type “fastboot reboot”. Do not hit Enter yet.
    Hold Volume Up on the Xiaomi Redmi Pro while hitting Enter on your PC.
    Continue holding Volume Up for about 30 seconds until you see TWRP has booted.
    BAM! You’re now booted into TWRP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Method 2: If you have twrp already installed
    1.Put twrp.img in the phone storage
    2.Boot on twrp recovery
    3. Press install
    4.Then install image
    5.Check twrp.img in your phone storage
    6.And slide to install it.

TWRP 3.0.2-0
    Download this zip and extract it
    View attachment twrp.3.0.2.0.zip
    or download from here
    Link here
    BUGS

Code:
    FIRST RUN CAN SHOW {error mounting}-can be fixed by formatting data

TWRP 3.0.2-2
    View attachment twrp.3.0.2.2.zip
    or Download Mega apk from play store
    Link on Mega
    BUGS

Code:
    1.DOESN'T SUPPORT 4GB/128GB VERSION
    2.CAN'T SEND FILES WITH MTP

TWRP 3.0.3-0

View attachment twrp.3.0.3.0.zip
    or download
    Link here
    BUGS

Code:
    Yuo tell me

TWRP 3.0.2-0 by @end222
    Note: It is ported from Vernee Apollo Lite by @end222-[thanks for everything].
    To download go HERE

TWRP 3.1.0 by @end222
    Note: THIS IS THE MOST RECOMMENDED version.
    To download go https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/twrp-3-1-0-by-end222.39179/

ATTENTION AFTER INSTALLING TWRP YOU SHOULD INSTALL SUPERSU OR FLASH A CUSTOM ROM ( xiaomi.eu for example)

Root your Xiaomi Redmi Pro

Now that your TWRP is functioning, you can easily root your Xiaomi Redmi Pro.

Download this View attachment SuperSu.zip

Connect Redmi Pro to your PC.
    TWRP main menu >> Mount >> Mount USB storage. The Redmi Pro should then show up in Windows File Explorer under This PC / My Computer.
    Copy the SuperSU.zip to the root of your Redmi Pro. and extract it.
    Now you have supersu apks +supersu2.79.zip (that should be flashed)
    TWRP main menu >> Install
    Assuming you have the Supersu.2.79.zip. in the base of the internal storage, you should see it at /sdcard. If it’s in another directory, then navigate to whichever directory you extracted the Supersu.2.79.zip to.
    Select the Supersu2.79.zip
    Swipe to confirm the flash

Credits:
    @kristi6.9 #Me for posting ---HIT THANKS
    #hanuma50 for twrp 3.0.3.0
    Xda Developers #for the forum
    BrianAbad #for posting twrp 3.0.2.2 on Miui Forums
    @daohoa #for it's first twrp build​
    not a problem mate, just for people to know
    Can we flash incremental OTA update with this TWRP? Also do we need to flash any additional zip file while flashing OTA update?
    Can you compile TWRP 3.1.0-0? They've added a lot of things and fixes like backing up directly to a computer and turning the backlight off on screen lock. https://twrp.me/site/update/2017/03/10/twrp-3.1.0-0-released.html
    3.1.0 fails to decrypt /data either with PIN or graphical key. 3.0.3 works perfect.