Twrp replaced by stock recovery

Search This thread

kamisama06

Jun 30, 2018
So i unlock and install twrp on my xiaomi redmi note 5 pro, twrp works fine on my device nothing wrong with it, but the next day when i try to open it instead of opening twrp but it's directing me to mi recovery (stock recovery), and i tried to re install twrp again on my device i thought the issues gone, well it works for few times, but later when i came back to twrp it directing me to mi recovery again, I don't know what to do, is there any solution for this? Or i should boot manually on my pc everytime i want to open twrp? Any answers will be appreciated.
Sorry for my grammar and coma replacement :D

Daruwalla

Jun 15, 2011
Zambia
So i unlock and install twrp on my xiaomi redmi note 5 pro, twrp works fine on my device nothing wrong with it, but the next day when i try to open it instead of opening twrp but it's directing me to mi recovery (stock recovery), and i tried to re install twrp again on my device i thought the issues gone, well it works for few times, but later when i came back to twrp it directing me to mi recovery again, I don't know what to do, is there any solution for this? Or i should boot manually on my pc everytime i want to open twrp? Any answers will be appreciated.

Had the same issue. When you flash recovery, boot back into recovery and than flash lazyflasher.zip. The recovery won't be replaced with stock recovery. I even mentioned about it when I faced same issue. Check my old post.

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76939231&postcount=125

Reactions: kamisama06

magzetic

Jun 3, 2018
That's because of anti-rollback feature.

In July MiUi was released with anti roll back feature, which prohibits to go back to previous versions of MiUi.
However your problem can be solved with these steps.
1) Download "twrp.img" in RN5P and PC both.
2) Boot into fastboot mode and connect it to the PC.
3) Browse the folder where you have "twrp.img" in PC, and flash it,(I hope you know, how to do that.).
4) Boot into twrp by command "fastboot boot twrp.img" (in Linux use "sudo" before above command incase of permission deficiency)
5) Now your phone will boot into Twrp recovery. Here click on install.
6) In lower right corner you'll see "Install image" button. Click on that. Now browse to the folder you have stored "Twrp.img" in your phone. Install it, select "Recovery" when asked.
That's it. It will be installed permanently untill you reflash any MiUi ROM further after.

Reactions: zyclone

deathbearer

Apr 5, 2011
In July MiUi was released with anti roll back feature, which prohibits to go back to previous versions of MiUi.
3) Browse the folder where you have "twrp.img" in PC, and flash it,(I hope you know, how to do that.).
4) Boot into twrp by command "fastboot boot twrp.img" (in Linux use "sudo" before above command incase of permission deficiency)
6) In lower right corner you'll see "Install image" button. Click on that. Now browse to the folder you have stored "Twrp.img" in your phone. Install it, select "Recovery" when asked.
That's it. It will be installed permanently untill you reflash any MiUi ROM further after.

It's asking which partition should it be flashed boot or recovery?

After doing this I can't access my recovery via Vol up + power. But still can boot it via adb command

windwaver

Apr 14, 2011

I cam confirm that doing step 6 will prevent stock recovery (MIUI) from replacing TWRP.

Another way will be to flash lazyflasher if I'm not wrong but I never have to do it.

skepasti21

Mar 7, 2016
MITILINI
Can this work when official ROM is intalled?
is this normal after flashin the twrp ?

Attachments

• 173ebafe8be015f0c49103fb8f82c239.jpg
    173ebafe8be015f0c49103fb8f82c239.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
No,you didn't make the correct actions and twrp got replaced by stock.Do it again and be sure to make all actions.(Including dumb file etc)

audismart007

Jul 28, 2014
London
copy the twrp .img file in to phone's sd card
boot recovery via fastboot from pc
using cmd
fastboot boot filename.img
after the boot from pc it enters twrp ,then also flash the twrp .img from sd card
thats all

Last edited:

skepasti21

Mar 7, 2016
MITILINI
Guys after a little research I figured out that thing at the photo is redmi's 4 series control panel and when I choose the recovery option, it normally enters in TWRP. So after all , I'm good . [emoji868][emoji1690]

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 6 Pro μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

divyanshl

Oct 13, 2019
guys, i cant see the recovery partition in the list of "select which partition to flash to" when trying to flash twrp. All that's there are: boot, dtbo, vendor image, system image, boot logo, vbmeta partitions only

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Had the same issue. When you flash recovery, boot back into recovery and than flash lazyflasher.zip. The recovery won't be replaced with stock recovery. I even mentioned about it when I faced same issue. Check my old post.

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76939231&postcount=125
    That's because of anti-rollback feature.

It's asking which partition should it be flashed boot or recovery?
    Recovery bro