• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[TWRP][RMX2030] OrangeFox Recovery Project [Realme 5i][Unofficial]

iamlordutkarsh

Apr 27, 2019
Lakhimpur
OrangeFox Recovery Project Treble

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* Thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

Credits
* TeamWin - for TWRP
* The OrangeFox Team - for your hard work
* @hpnightowl , @iamlordutkarsh , @dodyirawan85
* All our testers - for your patience and help

FEATURES:
* Updated with latest TWRP commits
* Built-in support for installing init.d functionality
* Built-in support for installing Magisk
* AromaFM
* Flashlight
* Password, torch, led
* Support for Miui and Custom ROMs
* Superb new UI and themes
* OrangeFox theme engine:
- choice of theme (black, dark, etc)
- choice of color scheme
- choice of splash screen
* Alternative lockscreen
* And many more!

INSTALLATION
1. Download the OrangeFox Imh to your device
2. Reboot to FastBoot
3. Install the OrangeFox Img !
4. Then Reboot To Recovery
5. Enjoy!

DOWNLOADS

Sources
KERNEL SOURCE
DEVICE TREE

Version Information
Current Stable Version: R10.1_1
Stable Release Date: 2020-06-16

Last edited:

gugafer

Jun 28, 2020
hello my smartphone realme 5i rmx2030 damaged boot.img please updowloand and send me

hello my smartphone realme 5i rmx2030 damaged boot.img please updowloand and send me link for download boot.img i am input the file using the fastboot in my realme 5i thanks for help

ksinterphone

Feb 26, 2014
Tiraspol
Not work

Bootloader unlocking
go to fastboot
fastboot flash recovery OrangeFox-Unofficial-RMX2030.img
I select the boot in recovery and the phone restarts in fastboot again.
What am I doing wrong?

G0bl1n

May 7, 2009
the guide in it's current form doesn't work on RMX2030

@iamlordutkarsh. With all due respect the posted guide doesn't yield a positive result. The #4 item - Then Reboot To Recovery - boot the phone into fastboot again, after entering the command "fastboot reboot recovery". Any information on how to actually make it work would be really appreciated. I spent >6 hours trying everything I know and reading all the info I could find on XDA or Realme Telegram channel and now believe RMX2030 is not rootable at this point in time.

iamlordutkarsh

Apr 27, 2019
Lakhimpur
@iamlordutkarsh. With all due respect the posted guide doesn't yield a positive result. The #4 item - Then Reboot To Recovery - boot the phone into fastboot again, after entering the command "fastboot reboot recovery". Any information on how to actually make it work would be really appreciated. I spent >6 hours trying everything I know and reading all the info I could find on XDA or Realme Telegram channel and now believe RMX2030 is not rootable at this point in time.
Sorry Sir ! lemme update Post

iamvijaypushparaj

Aug 9, 2017
McMurdo Station, Antarctica
Fine but,

do u have vbmeta.img for device if yes kindly share link here
Before providing, I need to know "what vendor you're using?". If you're using Color os, flashing vbmeta is pretty simple. But, if you're in RUI vendor, scene is different. You've to do additional things even after flashing the vbmeta. If not it'll lead you to "Boot.img damaged!" One of the worst OS I've ever seen oof!

I'm strongly recommend you to use TWRP if you're in RUI vendor since Orange Fox facing some errors when flashing. And also for RUI it wasn't official if I'm right.

And one more thing Orange Fox is Official now for RMX2030, Color OS.

Last edited:

doveman

Dec 14, 2012
London
Before providing, I need to know "what vendor you're using?". If you're using Color os, flashing vbmeta is pretty simple. But, if you're in RUI vendor, scene is different. You've to do additional things even after flashing the vbmeta. If not it'll lead you to "Boot.img damaged!" One of the worst OS I've ever seen oof!

I'm strongly recommend you to use TWRP if you're in RUI vendor since Orange Fox facing some errors when flashing. And also for RUI it wasn't official if I'm right.

And one more thing Orange Fox is Official now for RMX2030, Color OS.
I'm using Colour OS and would like the vbmeta please.

doveman

Dec 14, 2012
London
Yeah, I can't even get this to work on ColorOS. I did "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" (I renamed the Orangefox file to make it easier) and if I select reboot to recovery on the phone it just boots back to fastboot mode and if I do fastboot reboot it just reboots normally.

Reactions: booterbotter

iamvijaypushparaj

Aug 9, 2017
McMurdo Station, Antarctica
Good Luck

I'm using Colour OS and would like the vbmeta please.
Sorry, I've been busy with personal things. And good luck!

Okay Before that... Make sure You're
• Unlocked your Bootloader (Necessary).
• Having the proper OrFox, TWRP or SHRP recovery for RMX2030 (Android Pie).
• Having the Pie vbmeta for RMX2030. (See Attachment)
• For additionally you need R5i Decrypt ZIP. (Optional)*
• Having ADB with Platform-tools & ADB driver installed on your PC.
• And I assume you know/read the proper command for flashing the recovery, vbmeta.

ATTACHMENTS: (Google Drive)
Vbmeta | 4KB
5i Decryption | 503KB

*Notes:
> Right after installing the Custom Recovery flash the Decryption zip if you wish.
> In case (it happens rare cases) If you're facing any problems like booting again and again into custom recovery that's because it may need Format Data. So, Format Data through the custom recovery can fix it permanently.

And one more thing I've not tested this OrFox myself. I hope I've been used other release of OrFox. Hope this one works perfectly. If not let me know, I'll maybe share what I've used.

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

Is this 100% working for Realme 5i RMX2030?
Running on latest Realme UI at the moment.
I want to switch roms or at least root because free ram barely hits 1GB free -_-
Oh yes! When I was using colorOS I've been used OranageFox and TWRP as my recovery. Flashing ozip sometimes cause error. But, it's not a problem at all. You can fix it.

The thing is doing this properly that means if you follow the instructions, you'll be sure succeed. Otherwise may lead to soft brick or even hard.

And now I'm using RUI with TWRP, everything works fine. If you're wanted to switch back to ColorOS it's possible but, for that you sure need TWRP (recommended) and some knowledge to edit things inside the RMX2030 ColorOS ozip. The thing is installing Custom Recovery in RUI is tricky.

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

@iamlordutkarsh. With all due respect the posted guide ... now believe RMX2030 is not rootable at this point in time.
Sorry what, I forgot to reply you. I'm Using RMX2030 Rooted already (2 months with ColorOS + 1 month with RUI) and Many others too. Don't worry you'll get what you need.

doveman

Dec 14, 2012
London

• And I assume you know/read the proper command for flashing the recovery, vbmeta.

Vbmeta | 4KB
5i Decryption | 503KB

*Notes:
> Right after installing the Custom Recovery flash the Decryption zip if you wish.
> In case (it happens rare cases) If you're facing any problems like booting again and again into custom recovery that's because it may need Format Data. So, Format Data through the custom recovery can fix it permanently.

And one more thing I've not tested this OrFox myself. I hope I've been used other release of OrFox. Hope this one works perfectly. If not let me know, I'll maybe share what I've used.

Thanks for doing this but I still can't get the Custom Recovery to boot I'm afraid

I tried:
fastboot flash recovery ofox.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot reboot bootloader

That booted back into fastboot and still shows "Secure Boot" and I selected "Recovery mode" but that just rebooted into fastboot.

Then I tried:
fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

and selected "Recovery mode" on the phone but it just rebooted into fastboot.

Then I tried:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

and selected "Recovery mode" on the phone but again it just rebooted into fastboot.

I then tried the last set of commands with twrp instead of OrangeFox but still had the same result.

So I don't really know where I'm going wrong.

booterbotter

Jan 11, 2013
127.0.0.1:4444

Vbmeta | 4KB
5i Decryption | 503KB

*Notes:

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

Oh yes! When I was using colorOS I've been used OranageFox and TWRP as my recovery. Flashing ozip sometimes cause error. But, it's not a problem at all. You can fix it.

The thing is doing this properly that means if you follow the instructions, you'll be sure succeed. Otherwise may lead to soft brick or even hard.

And now I'm using RUI with TWRP, everything works fine. If you're wanted to switch back to ColorOS it's possible but, for that you sure need TWRP (recommended) and some knowledge to edit things inside the RMX2030 ColorOS ozip. The thing is installing Custom Recovery in RUI is tricky.

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Sorry what, I forgot to reply you. I'm Using RMX2030 Rooted already (2 months with ColorOS + 1 month with RUI) and Many others too. Don't worry you'll get what you need.

Can you please provide the realme 5i stock recovery (the one with the RUI)

CjConvento

May 25, 2019
Thanks for doing this but I still can't get the Custom Recovery to boot I'm afraid

I tried:
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot reboot bootloader

That booted back into fastboot and still shows "Secure Boot" and I selected "Recovery mode" but that just rebooted into fastboot.

Then I tried:
fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

and selected "Recovery mode" on the phone but it just rebooted into fastboot.

Then I tried:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

and selected "Recovery mode" on the phone but again it just rebooted into fastboot.

I then tried the last set of commands with twrp instead of OrangeFox but still had the same result.

So I don't really know where I'm going wrong.
that happened to me too so I only flash the reocovery and it works after selecting recovery in the phone luckily it boot's in recovery hope it helps :)