• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

TWRP + Root Nougat Huawei P9

Search This thread

FedoraMan

Sep 6, 2016
Almere
Hey, I just remembered, check your version. Dual sim has eva l29, single has eva l09 or eva l19. Also, versions are region specific. I have build Eva l09 c432b170, which is general west europe. Check your region, find it in a list, and download that version. May help.

Wertamo

Sep 24, 2016
Hey, I just remembered, check your version. Dual sim has eva l29, single has eva l09 or eva l19. Also, versions are region specific. I have build Eva l09 c432b170, which is general west europe. Check your region, find it in a list, and download that version. May help.

I have downloaded the correct version EVA L09C432b170, still no luck downgrading !!
Would it be possible to install the official version of Nougat when it's released for p9 ?

paratox

Feb 18, 2010
i did the twrp way to flash the nougat beta update with supersu 2.78 SR4 but after the first boot root was not working. and i am also not able to boot into twrp after flashing it again in fastboot.
i hope this is only a incompatibility because of the beta. maybe huawei did not want root users to test the beta and give wrong feedback.
hopefully root and twrp will work again on official or @paulobrien or @surdu_petru will find a way to get twrp (and maybe also root?) back working.

Danial_Slix

Jun 13, 2016
Help me plz

in my problem.. i lost my root and twrp when upgrade huawei p9 nougat using twrp -.- can someonr tell me how can i get my twrp and root my phone again? plz dont tell me to downgrade again

Velociholmes

Mar 2, 2017
TWRP for Nougat.

Hi. I too am wracking my brains about getting TWRP Recovery onto my Huawei P9 (European version) with Nougat installed. Every-time I try to flash the TWRP Image, the phone still keeps booting onto Huawei's eRecovery instead. It's driving me mad! Thanks, Bill.

Danial_Slix

Jun 13, 2016
You don't need TWRP to root your P9 Nougat, just fastboot flash a modified boot image.

Follow this guide :

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70927601&postcount=456
my phone model Eva-L19 and now i already in official Nougat i got update couple minute ago and i lost the same thing again.. (twrp&root)~ can someone tell me how can i install twrp and root on Eva- L19 B361 Nougat Official Update EMUI 5.0.. i still new with this please tell me step by step

Last edited:

CoCoCoCork

Apr 2, 2017
Hey guys hi have a problem i've install thé beta and now i have some wifi bug and the bluetooth don't work. I try to relock the bootloader to go back to the official emui but he didn't relock . Someone Can help me, i can go discord if you want.