• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TWRP] [S7] [OREO] [OFFICIAL] R16NWG935FXXU2ERD5 BTU Firmware Dump

Search This thread
Mar 13, 2018
Banglore
Will keep it short. Nobody wants to read big stuffs anyways:p

S7 Edge users go here https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/development/twrp-r16nwg935fxxu2erd5-btu-firmware-t3784543

Here u go guys,
The Ofiicial Oreo firmware R16NWG935FXXU2ERD5

- Its a TWRP Backup
- Contains UNTOUCHED System,Baseband and boot image.

Steps for Galaxy S7:
- Extract zip (R16NWG935FXXU2ERD5) to your External SD
- Reboot to TWRP
- Wipe system, data, internal sd etc etc (what you do usually when flashing a rom)
- Restore> R16NWG935FXXU2ERD5
>--------------Restore only System
- Flash S7OreoBoot.zip
- Flash no verity zip
- Flash Magisk
- Flash your Country CSC (Use S8 Port CSC for now)
-Reboot

Download link :
System- https://mega.nz/#!URswBJ5A!ThOBn4u7dZYQGEo6BueKCtL-BS1gqzsLgMWlSaYrJ-c
Boot and Modem- https://mega.nz/#!IZ1AGapC!01Jtsp1_H05-aOvUWsWqYkiEUBjOYxE7uwHHhNR7tQM

This is only for people who dont want to wait for official OTA and for Devs who wants to make a ROM now
The official firmware might get uploaded on sammobile after 2-3 days
The backup is untouched so everything is present in this (bloat and useless apps too)
Debloat apps with titanium backup and report back if u face any issues.

Make sure to debloat SecuritylogAgent. It keeps bugging you that unauthorised actions have been detected and stuff lol

Thanks to @andrei1412 for providing S7 Flat Boot and Modem files

Attachments

• no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip
    656.9 KB · Views: 13,462
  • Magisk-v16.4(1642).zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 10,547
Last edited:

Baffsuki

Mar 5, 2016
It's not showing any partitions when I try to restore, sorry if I seem like a noob. Can anyone bother to help me here?

Calvin.manneson

Feb 3, 2015
Reactions: Baffsuki and xhhb

TheProphet173

Mar 18, 2017
about csc selection, is default csc (btu) included? or there is no csc at all? because im okay with BTU and downloading selector takes hours

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

I apologize for my lack of understanding and my stupidy.

I still don't get it,
wh u t

ty for ur help and sorry for the inconvenience
there must be directly R16NWG935FXXU2ERD5 folder and its content in TWRP -> BACKUPS folder, but if you unzip it now, there is TWRP -> BACKUPS -> some encoded text -> and then there is R16NWG935FXXU2ERD5 <- this folder which is wrong context for TWRP and won't read on its way

Reactions: Baffsuki

Baffsuki

Mar 5, 2016
about csc selection, is default csc (btu) included? or there is no csc at all? because im okay with BTU and downloading selector takes hours

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

there must be directly R16NWG935FXXU2ERD5 folder and its content in TWRP -> BACKUPS folder, but if you unzip it now, there is TWRP -> BACKUPS -> some encoded text -> and then there is R16NWG935FXXU2ERD5 <- this folder which is wrong context for TWRP and won't read on its way

omg tysm for ur help
it literally took me to re-read it for more than 15 timea sincw my comprehension isnt that good xD sorry for le disturbance

ReDemonBR

Feb 1, 2014
I getting problem with TWRP after the first reboot: "Failed to mount '/data' (Invalid argument).

Everything is okay, the system boot normally but when I enter in TWRP (3.2.1-1) I can't flash anymore file because I cant mount SYSTEM.
Do you know what's that?

Top Liked Posts