• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TWRP] [S7] [OREO] [OFFICIAL] R16NWG935FXXU2ERD5 BTU Firmware Dump

Search This thread

tech927

Dec 5, 2012
obtaining and applying boot.img via twrp

Hello,
I've got a very sick s7 g930f, it's an international unlocked version. I'm in the US and using tmobile as the cell carrier. In preparation for an oreo upgrade I'm running a rooted nougat rom tgp with twrp 3.2.3, I decided to update my modem and bootloader. Well, very very bad idea, lost signal, can't dial, no IMEI number, no mobile network, no phone number, all of that is showing as unknown. I had a backup of my efs partition, I took it about a year ago and it made two files one efs date.tar.gz and radio date.tar.gz, extracting both of those revealed a efs.img and a radio.img file.
I atempted first to reflash a known stock modem and bootloader, these failed, until I restore the efs.img image to the efs partition. I did it like:

dd if=/external_sd/efs.img of=/dev/block/platform/155a0000.ufs/by-name/EFS

that worked, in and of I could now flash the stock nougat modem, this went without a problem. The problem now is the bootloader that was flashed it's bl_xxs which means my phone now thinks it's branded, which is probably why it isn't working. I need to flash a bl_xxu unbranded image and hopefully things will work. where do I get an unbranded bl_xxu nougat img file and how do I flash it when I do to the boot partition? And how do I flash that radio.img file and to which partition? Help appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.

Top Liked Posts