Question TWRP Stable?! Touch screen working

Search This thread

ScarletWizard

Aug 31, 2022
Moto G 5G
The rw script flashed and converted my super and successfully flashed the superrw.img and now I can mount system/ and all the others exept vendor_dlkm

Hope to fix this soon

Last edited:

ScarletWizard

Aug 31, 2022
Moto G 5G
And I became unrooted. Gonna flash my patched magisk boot

I'm rooted again. Successfully flashed magisk patched image in twrp

Last edited:

ScarletWizard

Aug 31, 2022
Moto G 5G
Interesting I'm double rooted . I have two magisk

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-24-21-08-06-26_3b881d4c06d4cbc1b5e5ddba75e2aac5.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-24-21-08-06-26_3b881d4c06d4cbc1b5e5ddba75e2aac5.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 25

ScarletWizard

Aug 31, 2022
Moto G 5G
This Guide could be faulty as I was experimenting with different twrp images and different methods of install I convoluted my memory of what exactly I did to achieve persistent twrp and keep root without having to juggle slots.

It's definitely possible to have twrp entered from recovery without changing slots and boots to home screen without changing slots

Touch screen on twrp will begin to work only after flashing and rebooting to home screen and then booting back to twrp via adb reboot recovery

Have your stock boot img and patched boot on device storage and external SD card.

You might need a mouse and an OTG

Holi_twerp
Flash twrp to inactive slot
Fastboot flash boot_a <the twrp image>

Important: my inactive thought was slot a. It might be different for you,.. you can check by doing
fastboot getvar all

Reboot device to home screen. Unplug the USB replug USB be. On device choose file transfer

In adb type adb devices.
Phone detected? If not then enable USB debugging in dev option.

Again adb devices
Phone detected ? Good.
Type now
Adb reboot recovery

Twrp menu.

Go to advance and install twrp to ramdisk.

You might have to select storage and mount the proper directory.

Go back one menu. Select install then at the bottom select install image. Locate and flash your patched magisk boot img. If asked check the boot box

Reboot.
No bootloop? Good

Got Root? Good

Flash the retention script. Don't reboot

Then in magisk click install and move to inactive slot . If you have two magisk do the same to it.
Reboot

Now the next steps I don't remember well.

Phone will boot to fastboot

Here you might need to flash your magisk boot img again

Useful commands
Fastboot getvar all

Fastboot --set-active=type a or be
I.e --set-active=a
--set-active=b

Magisk will ask to install additional files and reboot. Press cancel. You'll still got Root.

I don't know what will happen if ok is pressed.
Fastboot cash app $lawncareorlando

Emergency force reboot.
Hold both volume and power until phone reboots

Attachments

• TWRP_AB_Retention_Script-Magisk-1.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

ScarletWizard

Aug 31, 2022
Moto G 5G
I factory reset via TWRP . Device Google loops in the initialization. Bypass this by choosing to setup offline.

TWRP still the recovery after factory wipe

So i tried to add my Google account via settings and the Google function crashes

I did a factory reset via phone setting . Phone boots to TWRP and a reboot will then boot to the home screen. Google framework still broken.

Last edited:

ScarletWizard

Aug 31, 2022
Moto G 5G
While I was uploading a YouTube video I was eating a cheese bagel. A glob of cheese dripped on the speaker port of the n20. A TWRP wipe failed to clean . A manual clean was successful. Phone seemed unbothered.

I flashed my patch magisk boot. Phone still Google loops.

TWRP seems to be gone now. The TWRP retention module needs to be reflashed everytime after every boot or patched boot.img flashed to keep twrp

I flashed my stock boot img via fastboot over OTG.
Phone still Google loops.

I'm going to try next adb shell and uninstall the Google framework and reinstall a fresh install Google play service apk via adb

Update.
I skipped pushing a play service.apk.

Update
Even though Google is broken. All my apps are successfully auto updating.

I'm waiting for updates to finish before I push a new Google play service to the device.

Update: so all apps successfully auto updated especially play store services. I rebooted . No more Google loops. All Google apps launch successfully. Was able to add my Google account. Speaker port still smells like cheese.

Gonna verify root and do the TWRP.

I'm rerooted and gonna keep track of the method used to get twrp to boot in persistent recovery while keeping root.
Im late for my 12 o clock lunch date with a lady friend. F it. Twrp before hoes.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022
OnePlus Nord N20 5G
Yes those are the malfunctioning drivers. I'm going to try and take those steps as soon as possible. I have a needy puppy that wants his walk and a pizza hut pizza that my stomach is begging for first tho. Lunch break!

ScarletWizard

Aug 31, 2022
Moto G 5G
Yes those are the malfunctioning drivers. I'm going to try and take those steps as soon as possible. I have a needy puppy that wants his walk and a pizza hut pizza that my stomach is begging for first tho. Lunch break!
Lol that post was suppose to go in a pm irrelevant to this thread.

Anyway the following post updates is just me keeping track of what I'm doing.

Rerooted flashed patched magisk. Downloaded and granted root to foxmm

Downloaded twrp retention script from GitHub.

What's next adb over otg to flash holi twrp to inactive slot_a

Successfully flashed twirl to inactive slot_a then rebooted with commands
Fastboot flash boot_a <theTwrpfiles>
Fastboot reboot.

What's next adb reboot recovery
Ok so adb reboot recovery booted device to Asian/American colors stock recovery.

So this means a pc or Mac mouse is required ( I'm using a Mac mouse that I purchased for a $1 at a thrift store..

What's next boot the n20 to fastboot Chang slot to boot_a

Via fastboot --set-active=a
Successfully changed slot. TWRP booted. Touch not working. Plug in OTG mouse

Using mouse In TWRP menu I clicked advance -> install TWRP to ram disk I loaded holi TWRP.
TWRP did the TWRP. Gonna flash the patched magisk boot as insisted by the TWRP output.

Went back one menu clicked install then selected install image from the bottom right corner. Loaded my patch magisk boot. And flashed it via TWRP. I chose reboot. TWRP warns of no os install. I ignore this

Phone rebooted to fastboot. I need to change slot. To active slot_b
Fastboot --set-active=b
Unplug the mouse. Plug the red usb
Fastboot --set-active=b
fastboot reboot

Phone boots to home screen
Magisk is installed but no root.

Got root now. But did TWRP stick. I don't know but a reboot now might remove TWRP . I think this where the retention script comes into play. A successfully flash of retention script will verify my theory. Here I go.. I drank all my cherry coke. Getting a refill . Refill successful.
Retention script fail. .
Back to drawing board.

Theory holi TWRP ain't the right twrp.
I have an other one with the name ramdisk in it's name gonna flash that to slot a and then reboot to home screen then adb recovery and install ramdisk twrp to ramdisk and flash the magisk boot image then boot to home screen and verify root. If no root then back to adb recovery and reflashed the magisk boot and then back to homescreenn and flash retention script

Need to adb reboot recovery .

Phone rebooted to TWRP ( phone is on active slot_b) TWRP touch working.

Gonna flash magisk patch again and reboot
Got root. Verified with root checker app

No double root :( my. Baby died.
This was an a anomaly. I think this happ.en when I patched twrp in magisk and then flashed the patched magisk twrp img. It made a baby magisk .

What's next. Gonna flash retention script then move magisk to inactive slot via the magisk install menu

Magisk complaints says TWRP ram disk not found.

Need to adb reboot recovery

Phone booted to Asian American colorOs recovery. Need to go back to inactive slot a via fastboot

Phone boots to fastboot. I select recovery and reboot . Took a while like 5 minutes. Phone booted to colorOs .
Twrp is gone .

Touchscreen broken now.. no worry this happen yesterday . Flashing patch magisk fixed it

Taking a break. Gotta analyze my notes and see what step needs to be corrected.

Ordered a bourbon bacon cheeseburger burger from wendys. Bought a homeless dude a double stack . I'm dining in. Got window seat facing Pulse night club. Now a memorial. R I p.

Reflashed holy TWRP to inactive slot and rebooted phone booted to TWRP. No touch.. need mouse again. Took a bite of my burger

******* Took different method here.

In advance I chose flash current twrp then went back one menu and flashed magisk patch boot. Phone boots to fastboot. Need to set active slot.

Phone boots to homescreenn no root. Need to do adb reboot recovery.

Phone boots to TWRP. Touch screen working I flash holi TWRP to ramdisk and reflashed patch magisk boot then reboot system

Still no root. Need to adb reboot recovery.
Flashed magisk patch again and rebooted

Ok not working. Holi TWRP might be the wrong TWRP

Gonna flash to slot a other TWRP with ramdisk in it's name .to ramdisk Then reboot to TWRP and flash magisk boot and reboot

Ok done have root. Now flash retention script. Success?no it failed. Back to adb recovery. Hopefully it boots to TWRP and not coloros

Damn it boots to coloros recovery . I think I need to somehow get double root again. But not sure how. Come on twrp get magisk pregnant again.

Reflashed ramdisktwrp to slot a reboot to home screen then now adb reboot recovery phone boots to coloros. Theory with this version of TWRP I have to boot to inactive slot and install to ram disk then flash patch magisk boot

Confirmed switch to inactive slot is necessary with ramdisktwrp. Phone booted to TWRP and flashed magisk patch boot and rebooted to fast boot now need to set active slot to b. Then reboot and verify root .

No root .

Gonna install to ram disk and skip flashing magisk boot and reboot to home screen to verify

Interesting I have the option now from TWRP to chose slot. I choose B

No root now adb reboot recovery

Flashed magisk patch.rebooted.. have root. Flashing retention . It failed. adb recovery again
Booted to color os lost TWRP. Break time gotta charge phone. OTG drains battery like Lola from only fans drains my bank account

Last edited:

ScarletWizard

Aug 31, 2022
Moto G 5G
Ok starting fresh. This time I'm gonna start with a stock boot. Flash TWRP then root then flash TWRP to ramdisk and then retention script and then push magisk into the void. (Inactive slot)

Top Liked Posts