Question TWRP support for Nord N20 5G

Search This thread

elzeekador

Aug 30, 2022
OnePlus Nord N20 5G
I have been looking into rooting my N20 with twrp, but I found no support for this device on the teamwin website. I have unlocked the bootloader and was looking for the entry but it isn't there. Are there any alternatives or other routes I can take? Thanks.

PsYk0n4uT

Devs r working on it now but the Oscar TWRP can be used temporarily if you just have to have TWRP before it's finished but take this into consideration that it won't work perfectly because it's for the CE2 lite which is the euro sister to the N20. I recommend copying your stock boot image to your inactive slot and flashing the Oscar TWRP to the active slot and use TWRP for whatever u need it for then change slots in TWRP to get back to system... This is a temporary workaround.. there's an app you can download to switch slots from Android too but you need the bootctl magisk mod

ScarletWizard

Aug 31, 2022
Moto G 5G
Devs r working on it now but the Oscar TWRP can be used temporarily if you just have to have TWRP before it's finished but take this into consideration that it won't work perfectly because it's for the CE2 lite which is the euro sister to the N20. I recommend copying your stock boot image to your inactive slot and flashing the Oscar TWRP to the active slot and use TWRP for whatever u need it for then change slots in TWRP to get back to system... This is a temporary workaround.. there's an app you can download to switch slots from Android too but you need the bootctl magisk mod
I'll wait for official release or I'll wait for you to confirm that the October security patched firmware partition I pulled can be use to successfully restore and recover from a bad flash and corruption.

Toothless_NEO

Aug 24, 2017
Is there any way to see progress updates on that or is there a way to use Oscar TWRP as normal recovery (don't feel very good about not having custom recovery available in case something goes wrong).

PsYk0n4uT

Is there any way to see progress updates on that or is there a way to use Oscar TWRP as normal recovery (don't feel very good about not having custom recovery available in case something goes wrong).
well u would have to search for the TG group. im not allowed to post links to it here any more. mods delete or censor my posts if i do even though i always ask that anyone getting live help in TG post their problem and solution here if they get help... idk lol.... as soon as its finished it will get posted in a new thread though. everything works except booting to system with twrp in ramdisk so we are trying to get some device specific things swapped out and testing as we go. i dont see it being much longer now that we have some more help.

Reactions: Toothless_NEO

Toothless_NEO

Aug 24, 2017
well u would have to search for the TG group. im not allowed to post links to it here any more. mods delete or censor my posts if i do even though i always ask that anyone getting live help in TG post their problem and solution here if they get help... idk lol.... as soon as its finished it will get posted in a new thread though. everything works except booting to system with twrp in ramdisk so we are trying to get some device specific things swapped out and testing as we go. i dont see it being much longer now that we have some more help.
Oh I see, well that's too bad since I don't have telegram. Although it's good to hear that it might be done soon.

PsYk0n4uT

Oh I see, well that's too bad since I don't have telegram. Although it's good to hear that it might be done soon.
Ok well maybe it will be longer than I thought. Nobody left whos very interested in working on it. I don't really have the time for it any more. Anyone who is interested can either copy their own boot image to the inactive slot and flash Oscar TWRP to active so magisk and such flashes correctly then switch active and boot off the inactive slot. You can use magisk bootctrl mod along with an app that switches active slot from Android to boot to TWRP without a PC and then change slots in TWRP to get back to android and always keep a good copy of ur boots image on the sdcard and never forget to flash your stock/patched boot image in TWRP to the inactive slot before rebooting if you flash anything that flashes over both slots. .....OR find Spector and others in TG or on GitHub and see if they wanna work with u to get TWRP fixed for our device... Or you can find a fork of Spector's Oscar TWRP that says experiment for N20 and you can use/experiment/continue on our efforts. Shout out to Scrad, JuiceBox, Spector, pjgowtham, the guys in CE2 liteband Nord groups, and many others who have devoted so much time to learning and working with me on this and answering so many questions and giving advice.. Shout out to PizzaG who tried his best to teach me and work on a device he has no experience with and to Eduardo for the initial attempt. Shout out to Ghetti for being Ghetti, if he ever sees this he will know what I mean. If I left anyone out I apologize but you know who you are and I thank you. Someone got me banned on TG probably related to this device and my refusal to help when people start acting like Im obligated to help them and act a monkey . so I'm done pushing anything out for it or spending any more effort on it. Good luck everyone. I may check in from time to time but I've wasted the last 7 months learning more than I ever thought I needed to know about android and OnePlus. Also just to note, the N20 experimental fork of the Oscar TWRP has the GN2200 kernel dumped from a July patched boot image along with dtbo and some other things, you can do a diff to see what got swapped out from Spector's fork if anyone wants to play with it. Everything works except booting to system in the OSCAR TWRP on the N20 and I haven't been able to try to build the TWRP I was experimenting with so I don't even know if those changes fixed it. If anyone wants to be the guinea pig and try it be my guest or if someone wants to build it and post it I will test it one of these days

Last edited:
Oscar sadly even when used on your non acrtive partition has limitations that a device specific TWRP will hopefully address.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am going to learn to port TWRP
    It does seem a fun undertaking the TWRP site and various posts give a general overview on adding it to a new device.
    Ok well maybe it will be longer than I thought. Nobody left whos very interested in working on it. I don't really have the time for it any more. Anyone who is interested can either copy their own boot image to the inactive slot and flash Oscar TWRP to active so magisk and such flashes correctly then switch active and boot off the inactive slot. You can use magisk bootctrl mod along with an app that switches active slot from Android to boot to TWRP without a PC and then change slots in TWRP to get back to android and always keep a good copy of ur boots image on the sdcard and never forget to flash your stock/patched boot image in TWRP to the inactive slot before rebooting if you flash anything that flashes over both slots. .....OR find Spector and others in TG or on GitHub and see if they wanna work with u to get TWRP fixed for our device... Or you can find a fork of Spector's Oscar TWRP that says experiment for N20 and you can use/experiment/continue on our efforts. Shout out to Scrad, JuiceBox, Spector, pjgowtham, the guys in CE2 liteband Nord groups, and many others who have devoted so much time to learning and working with me on this and answering so many questions and giving advice.. Shout out to PizzaG who tried his best to teach me and work on a device he has no experience with and to Eduardo for the initial attempt. Shout out to Ghetti for being Ghetti, if he ever sees this he will know what I mean. If I left anyone out I apologize but you know who you are and I thank you. Someone got me banned on TG probably related to this device and my refusal to help when people start acting like Im obligated to help them and act a monkey . so I'm done pushing anything out for it or spending any more effort on it. Good luck everyone. I may check in from time to time but I've wasted the last 7 months learning more than I ever thought I needed to know about android and OnePlus. Also just to note, the N20 experimental fork of the Oscar TWRP has the GN2200 kernel dumped from a July patched boot image along with dtbo and some other things, you can do a diff to see what got swapped out from Spector's fork if anyone wants to play with it. Everything works except booting to system in the OSCAR TWRP on the N20 and I haven't been able to try to build the TWRP I was experimenting with so I don't even know if those changes fixed it. If anyone wants to be the guinea pig and try it be my guest or if someone wants to build it and post it I will test it one of these days
    I am going to learn to port TWRP
    It does seem a fun undertaking the TWRP site and various posts give a general overview on adding it to a new device.