• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TWRP Touch not working

Search This thread

Spaceminer

Why the first command?
Code:
cat /sys/devices/virtual/touchscreen/*/vendor

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

If you like you can download all single images (zip compressed) of the firmware here:
https://mega.nz/folder/Rz5nXKwZ#x7UbIuCkfMhxX4R9iJ9awQ
I uploaded them yesterday, just in case they were needed.

The first command is needed because that folder name is unique to the device model and sometimes there's more than one folder in that location.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Someone give this a shot. See if the touchscreen works. If it does then the next step is fixing up the fstab.

test.img

WoKoschekk

Feb 25, 2019
Cologne
Moto G9 Plus
The first command is needed because that folder name is unique to the device model and sometimes there's more than one folder in that location.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Someone give this a shot. See if the touchscreen works. If it does then the next step is fixing up the fstab.

test.img

You should open a new thread to find some testers for that image. :good:

Reactions: Spaceminer

vache

Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2009
Paris
"2. take a look into his log. This would solve problem 1/20. There is still a big problem to mount super.img"

Who's log, and what "super.img" ? - Are you okay, seriously? You're not making much sense at all. These are the kind of responses I'd expect from someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, has mental health issues that need addressed, or someone who's using illicit substances. Your replies raise some red flags with me. Send me a PM if you need to.

You have some serious issues, that guy (who knows definitely more about all of that than you) is just trying to kindly help you. Definitely bad reaction from your side.

Reactions: WoKoschekk

Spaceminer

You have some serious issues, that guy (who knows definitely more about all of that than you) is just trying to kindly help you. Definitely bad reaction from your side.

I disagree and this matter was already cleared up. It was a miscommunication and nothing more. I've made twrp work for plenty of devices now and I can get the touchscreen working on this one too. Hell, half the people running GSIs are using the root method that I fixed up for them. You don't know what I know, or what he knows, and it's not your place to make that judgement. Next time read the entire thread. It's not screwed up to ask if someone is okay. Developer or not you're in the wrong here.

vache

Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2009
Paris
I disagree and this matter was already cleared up. It was a miscommunication and nothing more. I've made twrp work for plenty of devices now and I can get the touchscreen working on this one too. Hell, half the people running GSIs are using the root method that I fixed up for them. You don't know what I know, or what he knows, and it's not your place to make that judgement. Next time read the entire thread. It's not screwed up to ask if someone is okay. Developer or not you're in the wrong here.

You still get it wrong, dunno who you are trying to fool here, but your TWRP is not gonna work at all, even touchscreen (i just had a look after unpacking it). It's mostly doha one without any changes. Which tend to proof that you have no idea about what youre doing. Cause doha doesn't have dynamic partitions, and was built using android-9 sources. This device require a TWRP built from android-10 sources, with proper kernel modules added, as well as proper touchscreen firmwares added. (i'm not talking about updating decryption blobs also)

FYI, i read the whole thread, which was confirming you're just a scam.

In all modesty (not sure you know what modesty is), I'm a way more legit that you here (dev status or not), and i'm just trying to warn people about your work, and about the fact that XDA is neglected by a lot of people because of guys like you. I'm not gonna let that happen.

Edit : if you want to look at something that work for rav : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ADAkMdBi7MnepKRKUoOnS71t5XndUksK/view?usp=sharing
And also sources : https://github.com/moto-sm6xxx/android_device_motorola_sofiar/tree/twrp

Last edited:

Spaceminer

You still get it wrong, dunno who you are trying to fool here, but your TWRP is not gonna work at all, even touchscreen (i just had a look after unpacking it). It's mostly doha one without any changes. Which tend to proof that you have no idea about what youre doing. Cause doha doesn't have dynamic partitions, and was built using android-9 sources. This device require a TWRP built from android-10 sources, with proper kernel modules added, as well as proper touchscreen firmwares added. (i'm not talking about updating decryption blobs also)

FYI, i read the whole thread, which was confirming you're just a scam.

In all modesty (not sure you know what modesty is), I'm a way more legit that you here (dev status or not), and i'm just trying to warn people about your work, and about the fact that XDA is neglected by a lot of people because of guys like you. I'm not gonna let that happen.

Edit : if you want to look at something that work for rav : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ADAkMdBi7MnepKRKUoOnS71t5XndUksK/view?usp=sharing
And also sources : https://github.com/moto-sm6xxx/android_device_motorola_sofiar/tree/twrp

You're full of yourself and I'm done responding to a**holes. I edited the module load script. That's all I've done so far FYI. Everything else was done by someone else. If it won't work then I'll get it working. Warn people about my work...? I don't even know what you're on about with that.

Last edited:

WoKoschekk

Feb 25, 2019
Cologne
Moto G9 Plus

I would like to thank you for that and I do appreciate it!
His answer was too worse to take it personally and I do not identify myself with such statements.
We since have clarified this and now everything's fine again. ;)

Reactions: Spaceminer

sajibrgd

Jul 27, 2021
Dhaka,Bangladesh
You have to insmod the touchscreen driver from the vendor partition to get it working. Check the bin files in twrp for a load modules script and edit it to suit your device. Or give me the twrp image and I'll work on it. I don't have your device so I'll need someone to run a command via termux or adb at some point.
please sir help me here I attached my twrp and I will give you termux command also...please help

sajibrgd

Jul 27, 2021
Dhaka,Bangladesh
You have to insmod the touchscreen driver from the vendor partition to get it working. Check the bin files in twrp for a load modules script and edit it to suit your device. Or give me the twrp image and I'll work on it. I don't have your device so I'll need someone to run a command via termux or adb at some point.
Sir please help me.I attached my twrp recovery file and I will give you termux command screenshoot also...please help me.

Attachments

• my device stock recovery.img
    11.7 MB · Views: 0
  • port making twrp-3.5.2_9-0-tilapia.img
    10.6 MB · Views: 0
  • ported twrp.img
    12.5 MB · Views: 0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Spaceminer

1. for MOTO G8:
    boev
    inxr
    2. take a look into his log. This would solve problem 1/20. There is still a big problem to mount super.img

And I still don't have a Moto G8. To get this information a simple download of the firmware zip would have been enough.
    I'll work on it tonight. It'd be helpful if you can link the stock recovery.img or stock boot.img instead if you don't have an actual recovery partition. It'd also be great if you can pull /vendor/etc/fstab.qcom

https://mega.nz/file/NiIkRSJK#SmgBH5s_NTlRgOKq3s78XgDt-0PbFaHBJLyR8d9XZdg

test.img

You should open a new thread to find some testers for that image. :good:
    "2. take a look into his log. This would solve problem 1/20. There is still a big problem to mount super.img"

Who's log, and what "super.img" ? - Are you okay, seriously? You're not making much sense at all. These are the kind of responses I'd expect from someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, has mental health issues that need addressed, or someone who's using illicit substances. Your replies raise some red flags with me. Send me a PM if you need to.