[TWRP] [ TWRP 3.2.0-0/3.3.1-0 For Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 8/10 ]

Search This thread

tomy159

Oct 20, 2012
Burton-on-Trent
Hi Guys,
Sorry for stupid question, is really long time ago when I was install TWRP or custom rom.
I got daughter tablet still running in original Huawei Rom. because is really old and not update and has problem with wifi I want try LOS17.1

and just to be sure if I understand properly: first need flash TWRP 3.2.0.0 after that need go to recovery and update to 3.3.1.0 or update straight from fastboot comand or I can install straight TWRP 3.3.1.0 when I want install LOS 17.1

sorry for that is really long time I was flash phone or tablet and not remember all procession

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi Guys,
Sorry for stupid question, is really long time ago when I was install TWRP or custom rom.
I got daughter tablet still running in original Huawei Rom. because is really old and not update and has problem with wifi I want try LOS17.1

and just to be sure if I understand properly: first need flash TWRP 3.2.0.0 after that need go to recovery and update to 3.3.1.0 or update straight from fastboot comand or I can install straight TWRP 3.3.1.0 when I want install LOS 17.1

sorry for that is really long time I was flash phone or tablet and not remember all procession
No, you need to check carefully the installation instruction for TWRP & LOS at the same time in order to avoid any issues !

TWRP -> LOS 16.1 -> Update TWRP -> LOS 17.1 -> Update TWRP !

Reactions: tomy159

tomy159

Oct 20, 2012
Burton-on-Trent
No, you need to check carefully the installation instruction for TWRP & LOS at the same time in order to avoid any issues !

that I was confuse and now I read again. need TWRP 3.2.0.0 Install LOS 16.1 then update TWRP and install LOS 17.1 and then update TWRP

thank you and sorry for that. it really around 4 years when I was last time do custom rom.
thanks for hit.

GiammyA7X

Oct 2, 2017
Hello, i have the BAH-W09 model with EMUI 5.1.2 and build BAH-W09C100B257. I would root my device but when i go in fastboot and try to flash twrp 3.2.0 it gives me the error:
Sending 'boot.img' (37734 KB) OKAY [ 1.188s]
Booting FAILED (remote: 'Command not allowed')
I have the bootloader unlocked and the OEM unlocking option activated
What could be causing this?

Edit: i double checked the bootloader through fastboot and i have this:
(bootloader) Device unlocked: false
I can remember that i've unlocked it some years ago... strange
I remember bad, i looked up on this forum but i only found one and not for the BAH-W09 model, it's not the same way i suppose

Last edited:

Nonsmoker

@surdu_petru

Many thanks for your support! 👌

I find the instructions (spread over the different threads) confusing, too. I'm trying to install LOS17.1 (on my BAH-W09 with Android 7 and EMUI 5.x I believe). I went ahead and flashed TWRP 3.3.1-0 but I only make it to the splash screen.
Just for clarification: I can't directly flash LOS 17.1 but I have to flash LOS 16 first before I can move on to LOS 17.1?

Like TWRP 3.2.0-0 > LOS 16 > TWRP 3.3.1-0 > LOS 17.1 > TWRP 3.3.1-3

Correct?

Many thanks again and a a happy new year 2023! 👍🍾

Сергёжа

Jan 1, 2023
Could u help me?
I have tablet android 5
Recently i set luckypatcher up and do smth with app " phone" delete core.jar OR odex file.
Now it starts downloading and later it bootloops.
What can i do to save my data ?
Some guys said me to use firmware and refresh only " System"

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
@surdu_petru

Many thanks for your support! 👌

I find the instructions (spread over the different threads) confusing, too. I'm trying to install LOS17.1 (on my BAH-W09 with Android 7 and EMUI 5.x I believe). I went ahead and flashed TWRP 3.3.1-0 but I only make it to the splash screen.
Just for clarification: I can't directly flash LOS 17.1 but I have to flash LOS 16 first before I can move on to LOS 17.1?

Like TWRP 3.2.0-0 > LOS 16 > TWRP 3.3.1-0 > LOS 17.1 > TWRP 3.3.1-3

Correct?

Many thanks again and a a happy new year 2023! 👍🍾
Yes , that's fine!

Reactions: Nonsmoker

z172839

Feb 7, 2023
你好,支持这个型号:CPN-AL00吗

Mod edit: English please!
Google translation:

Hello, do you support this model: CPN-AL00

Last edited by a moderator:

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
谢谢!已经成功刷入了
@z172839 Once again, I have translated your post to English.

Please be aware that English is required on XDA:
4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.
You must include an English translation with your posts.

Thank you.

z172839

Feb 7, 2023
@z172839 我再将您的帖子翻译成英文。

请注意,XDA上需要英文:

您必须在您的帖子中包含英文翻译。

谢谢。
@z172839 我再次将您的帖子翻译成英文。

请注意,XDA 上需要英语:

您必须在您的帖子中包含英文翻译。

谢谢。
好的谢谢。稍后我会用英文回复。谢谢你!

**Moderator Translation**

OK, thanks. I will reply in English later. Thank you!

z172839

Feb 7, 2023
You posted in Chinese again. You MUST either post in English, or include an English translation.

This is mandatory.
Sorry, I just sent an English message. I don't know why I replied to you in Chinese again. I specially translated it. Thank you for reminding me. I hope it won't be changed into Chinese again this time
Screenshot_2023-02-26-03-57-42-455_com.android.chrome.jpg

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, I just sent an English message. I don't know why I replied to you in Chinese again. I specially translated it. Thank you for reminding me. I hope it won't be changed into Chinese again this timeView attachment 5847063
I find the Google Translate app to be very helpful in situations like this.

Thank you for your understanding.

ticesmobil

Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

I hope somebody will help to me figure out what I'm doing wrong. The problem maybe with the adb/fastboot, but I don't know how I can check it.

So, I have a bah-w09 with stock Hua ROM (EMUI 5.1.2, Android 7.0). I've used this guied for unlock bootloader: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...wei-mediapad-m3-8-4-btv-w09-btv-dl09.4085383/

It looks like everything is fine, but when I was tried to install twrp.img it's looks ok, but the download procedure is for 0,752 sec long, so finished around 1 sec. It's too quick and nothing happend with the tablet.
I've used the 3.2.0.0 from this thread ( I've also tried different source but with same results).
I tried a different windows 10 laptop, installed new adb/fastboot and usb drivers, run the fastboot with Administrator rigths, put the img in under "c:\twrp\twrp.img" and also renamed to "recovery.img"
In fastboot mode, under the green android droid: "PHONE Unlocked" "FRP Unlock"
In the Developer settings the "OEM Unlock" is greyed out and of course the USB Debuging is enabled.
Here is some results:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot oem get_unlock_data
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.004s

c:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot oem unlock
FAILED (remote: Already in UNLOCKED state)
finished. total time: 0.009s

c:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
target reported max download size of 531628032 bytes
sending 'recovery' (23760 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.752s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.402s]
finished. total time: 1.157s

c:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot boot twrp.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.751s]
booting...

In this case, the cmd stucked in this positions and the cmd lost the connection (fastboot devices not given back result until I pressed ctrl+c).

c:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot devices

c:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>

Could you please help me to figure out why is happening? or
which thread can I write for answer?

Thanks

hsdsjprintf

Jun 10, 2020
Sorry, can you change the link of twrp3.2 to Google Cloud Disk or MEGA, I can't access androidfilehost normally here(Sorry for Google Translate)

hoyinhui

May 16, 2023
Hi,Sir,I has a question.
Is it camera does not work in all custom rom ? Can I extract camera app from official EMUI rom,and then install in custom rom ?But I think the 7.0`s app can`t install in 10.0.Did you has other better ways can use camera in 10.0?
Thanks

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi,Sir,I has a question.
Is it camera does not work in all custom rom ? Can I extract camera app from official EMUI rom,and then install in custom rom ?But I think the 7.0`s app can`t install in 10.0.Did you has other better ways can use camera in 10.0?
Thanks
Only video recording it's working so you'll not be able to take any photo ! don't complicate for nothing, no other third-party camera application will be able to take photo !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

TWRP - 3.3.1-0 For Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 8/10

Officially Supported Devices :

Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 10 : ( code name Bach ) : BAH-AL00/BAH-L01/BAH-L09/BAH-W09

Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 8 : ( code name Chopin ) : CPN-AL00/CPN-L0J/CPN-L09/CPN-W09

Instructions :

1. unlock bootloader
    3. unlock OEM on Developer options
    3. enter on bootloader mode :
    ( switch off your device then keep pressed volume down key when plug to USB cable )
    4. flash TWRP 3.2.0-0 recovery using the following command : "fastboot flash recovery twrp_3.2.0-0.img"
    4.1. Update TWRP to 3.3.1-0 ONLY if your device run Android Pie ( LOS 16.0 )
    5. reboot to recovery ( please check this info after TWRP was installed - and before take any actions )

Downloads :

TWRP 3.2.0
    - intended to be installed on stock Huawei Firmware Android N ( but only for install LOS 16.0 )
    ( This is the first TWRP which must be installed on your device running EMUI 5.x Android N )
    twrp_3.2.0-0.img MD5: 201476ac16a613da42acbf9a36d78c79

TWRP 3.3.1 - intended to be used with LineageOS 16.0 Android Pie !
    ( You must use TWRP 3.2.0-0 to flash LOS 16.0 - later you can update to TWRP 3.3.1-0 )
    twrp_3.3.1-0.img MD5: 967f55ab71a755f2635e7b990dcc3922

Source :

kernel source : https://github.com/Huawei-Dev/android_kernel_huawei_bach

Credit :

TeamWin - TWRP

Mention :

TWRP for Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 8 (CPN) was fixed with help of @Lothgar & @fallensoldier.

Thank you guys for your help !

Best regards !
    Huh - you have Lineage OS working on the Mediapad M3?? If there is such a miracle, please do share!

Yes, currently it's running on my Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 10 !

I'm hard working to fix camera ... but I'll release a test version soon. Thanks for understanding !
    I just managed to fix Sensors on LineageOS 16, Android Pie :

Screenshot-20190520-095411-Sensor-Test.png

Now I'm working on enable Camera ... :)
    Android Pie on my Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 10 :

Screenshot-20190507-120845-Settings.png

Screenshot-20190507-202948-Settings.png
    Waaao, nice job!!!
    How to get it please?

Thx!

Hi !

Unfortunately is not yet ready, I still have to work on : sensors, camera & data LTE.

After that, I will upload it here for who wants to test/use it :)