Accra
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Code:
[SIZE=3] 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */[/SIZE]
Here is the TWRP 3.1.1-0 Recovery for Nokia 3 (heart) smartphone.
You can update it from old TWRP recovery else install it as fresh by using adb or flashify app from google play store.

</> CHANGELOG ? : </>
Code:
[SIZE=4] 
*/
* Backups will now include adopted storage keys (Dees_Troy)
* Fixed an adb restore issue (bigbiff)
* Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal (_that)
* Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy) Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2
*/
[/SIZE]
</> DOWNLOAD ? </>
TWRP-3.1.1-0-UNOFFICIAL-Heart.img

</> NOTE ? : </>
I have already worked on TWRP and tested for some weeks ago before my Nokia 3 got broken , but forgot to post it.
Kindly report any bug seen.

Contributors
iykeDROID™

ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-03-13
Last Updated 2018-03-13

Last edited:

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Here is a screenshot of that problem

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-14-20-23-56.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-14-20-23-56.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 1,305

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
ok, i found another bug, when i wanted to rename file in different ways to flash file, it didn't worked. But when i wanted to rename file with letters and numbers without spacing, it would display this error starting "mv".

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-17-02-48-02.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-17-02-48-02.png
    104 KB · Views: 482

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Comparation between mediafire007 twrp and iykeDROID™ twrp:

mediafire007 twrp:
- battery percentage is incorrect
- have a bug that touch doesn't work for 5-10 seconds but then it works good
- it loads internal storage and sd card fast
- it flashes any file without problems
- it uses older twrp version

iykeDROID™ twrp:
- touch works smoothly
- it loads internal storage and sd card a bit slower
- it mostly fails at flashing files
- it uses newer twrp version

About backing up, only partition that can't be backed up is system image (system.img) on both twrp.
That's not twrp issue, it's because system image is protected by encryption.
I didn't tried flashing backup without system image so you will risk to bootloop. (Edit: it works, you can flash backup without problems)

I will update this post if new twrp version comes out and hopefully fix bugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: iykeDROID™

_XblackshadowX_

Mar 21, 2014
Taguig City
Bug report.

Hello developer of old TWRP for Nokia 3, i am going to report some bugs based on what i have seen and experienced, if you do see this message, please note that i am willing to become a tester for the recovery of this device, i am now going to start stating the problems, please also note that i am using Nokia 3 with Pie ROM, Bootloader unlocked, rooted with Magisk, i am using TWRP 3.2.3 from https://unofficialtwrp.com/nokia-3-root-twrp-3-2-3/, i also believe this is the same with the TWRP that @RevanthTolety made, i know that the TWRP you made is old, but still hopefully you could do something about this, let's begin.
i have attached the pictures of the bugs, as well as logs, to help you all regarding about this problem, i have messaged all five of you in hopes that some of you are still willing to develop a proper, working recovery for the Pie ROM of this device, or at least team up in making one, anything as long as this project will still continue or something will be done.
Bugs i have found:
1. Decrypting of data, the recovery is asking me for a password and i have no idea what to do, i have never encrypted my device, or anything, and here is what i have done so far:
1a. Formatted data through TWRP, rebooted into recovery and applied root.
1b. Wiped data through TWRP, rebooted into recovery, then applied with root.
1c. All of the above, except this time i flashed no verity opt encrypt, didn't work.
1d. Formatted data through fastboot, rebooted into recovery immediately and applied root.
For the most part, by the time i managed to format or wipe my data/userdata, i am able to gain access on it through TWRP, and the recovery isn't asking me for a password, but once i am able to fully set up my device and it reaches the home screen, not putting any screen locks, just Swipe, rebooting into recovery again, and now it asks me for a password, i tried "default_password" and "password" but it didn't work, at this moment, i can only flash zips through my MicroSD Card, the recovery doesn't have access to my internal storage and i couldn't make a backup with my userdata.
2. TWRP gets replaced with stock recovery if you do not boot into it immediately after flashing, trust me, this is where i got frustrated the most, i was about to smash the phone because of this! I still had to root to ensure that the recovery will stay, or else at next boot the stock recovery will be back.
3. Battery percentage is shown incorrectly, based on the 5 forums i've seen which is all related to porting TWRP for this phone, this error has been very consistent.
4. The recovery keeps showing me a prompt of asking whether to keep System read-only or not, even though i selected the box "Don't show me this screen again.", it still comes back anyway.
5. The recovery complains about '/hidden/emmc_hidden" not being found and all that.
6. I cannot save my language, even though i already toggled it through the settings of the recovery.
7. Touch is very slow during the first screen which is the "Keep System read-only?"
Here are the things i confirmed to be working:
MicroSD Card access
OTG access
Installing .zips
I cannot test the backup and restore option since i can't access data through it, i don't want to lose progress.
That's all of the bugs i have seen so far, i am going to use my friend's phone who happens to own a Nokia 3 for testing the recovery, if i still haven't received a response within 1 week i will return the cellphone, you could contact me through Telegram, Facebook and other social media sites such as Instagram, i am willing to take the risk, please contact me if you all are still willing to continue with the development of TWRP for this cellphone.

Attachments

• dmesg.log
    126.7 KB · Views: 17
  • recovery.log
    32.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20200228_153011.jpg
    IMG_20200228_153011.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20200228_153059.jpg
    IMG_20200228_153059.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 88

Totalitor

Oct 17, 2020
I've tried flashing numerous types of stock Nokia 3 ROMS I've managed to lay my hands on. Every time I try it through this version of TWRP, from an sd card, it returns an error stating that it is an invalid ZIP file format. Attempting to flash the stock ROM through "fastboot flash the_name_of_the_.zip" gives an error stating it cannot determine the image filename.

Can anyone help me?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    [SIZE=3] 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */[/SIZE]
    Here is the TWRP 3.1.1-0 Recovery for Nokia 3 (heart) smartphone.
    You can update it from old TWRP recovery else install it as fresh by using adb or flashify app from google play store.

</> CHANGELOG ? : </>
    Code:
    [SIZE=4] 
    */
    * Backups will now include adopted storage keys (Dees_Troy)
    * Fixed an adb restore issue (bigbiff)
    * Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal (_that)
    * Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy) Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2
    */
    [/SIZE]
    </> DOWNLOAD ? </>
    TWRP-3.1.1-0-UNOFFICIAL-Heart.img

</> NOTE ? : </>
    I have already worked on TWRP and tested for some weeks ago before my Nokia 3 got broken , but forgot to post it.
    Kindly report any bug seen.

Contributors
    iykeDROID™

ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-03-13
    Last Updated 2018-03-13
    Comparation between mediafire007 twrp and iykeDROID™ twrp:

mediafire007 twrp:
    - have a bug that touch doesn't work for 5-10 seconds but then it works good
    - it loads internal storage and sd card fast
    - it flashes any file without problems
    - it uses older twrp version

iykeDROID™ twrp:
    - touch works smoothly
    - it loads internal storage and sd card a bit slower
    - it mostly fails at flashing files
    - it uses newer twrp version

About backing up, only partition that can't be backed up is system image (system.img) on both twrp.
    That's not twrp issue, it's because system image is protected by encryption.
    I didn't tried flashing backup without system image so you will risk to bootloop. (Edit: it works, you can flash backup without problems)

I will update this post if new twrp version comes out and hopefully fix bugs.
    nokia 3

ihave been received the new oreo update for my nokia 3 ta-1032
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone