• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TWRP][UNOFFICIAL][PORT][STABLE] TWRP 3.5.2 for Blu Vivo 8L & Gionee A1 Lite and clones

Search This thread

llxxVENOMxxll

Jun 21, 2021
BLU VIVO 8L
Realme C20
unnamed-png.5189951

TWRP - 3.5.2

--Your warranty is now void--

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It's a full touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

TWRP built for the Blu Vivo 8L, Gionee A1 Lite and clones. It should work fine, but using it is a try at your own risk procedure. Your bootloader must be unlocked to use this recovery. Fastboot mode or SP Flash Tool is used to flash or boot this recovery.

TAKE A BACKUP OF IMPORTANT DATA!

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:

USING ADB FASTBOOT:​
  1. Turn on developer mode and allow bootloader to be unlocked.​
  2. Reboot to recovery by turning off the phone and pressing Power button + Volume Up
  3. Select reboot to bootloader.
  4. It it show as fastboot mode on screen.
  5. Now connect phone to PC through USB. (make sure adb and required drivers are installed!)
  6. Now open a terminal and type this command [B]fastboot flash recovery twrp.img[/B]
  7. Now flash patched boot.img fastboot flash boot patched.img (without this phone will not boot up!)​
  8. Shut down your phone.adb shell reboot -p
  9. Go to recovery, again Power + Volume Up.​
  10. Voila! You have a custom recovery! 😉
NOTE: OPEN THE TERMINAL WHERE THE TWRP AND PATCHED IMG FILES ARE LOCATED!

ALTERNATE METHOD (RECOMMENDED BY ME)
USING SP FLASH TOOL​
  1. Download and open SP Flash tools​
  2. Select the MT6753 scatter.txt (Download link below)​
  3. Select recovery and boot to be flashed.​
  4. Select the appropriate .img files. (twrp.img for recovery and boot.img for patched.img for boot)​
  5. Shut down your phone and hit the download button! Wait for the 'Download ok' screen.​
  6. Reboot to recovery by pressing Power button + Volume Up

A FEW NOTES:

>>Internal memory may be shown as 0mb in TWRP. Don't panic. Go to wipe and Format data. Now sideload Zackptg5's force encrypt disabler

All instructions in the above thread. If the above zip is not flashed, again your phone will be encrypted. On TWRP booting for the first time a password will be asked, just click cancel!

>>After completing all the steps, upon rebooting your phone, you may also install Magisk v23 apk to root your phone.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
>> patched.img
>> twrp.img
>> MT6753 scatter

Trunks614

Sep 29, 2021
Can you flash twrp recovery without unlocking bootloader? My gionee a1 lite cannot get access to Fastboot via adb fasttools or recovery mode? Is there any way to root gionee a1 lite without unlocking bootloader

llxxVENOMxxll

Jun 21, 2021
BLU VIVO 8L
Realme C20
Yes.
Can you flash twrp recovery without unlocking bootloader? My gionee a1 lite cannot get access to Fastboot via adb fasttools or recovery mode? Is there any way to root gionee a1 lite without unlocking bootloader
Just follow the SP FLASH TOOL method. No need to mess with the bootloader. I gues we won't have custom ROMs for our devices, since the kernel source is not available anywhere. For now, jst follow to SP Flash method.