• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [TWRP] [venus] Fixed TWRP Chinese Recovery for Mi 11

Search This thread

megapro17

Apr 1, 2017
There is afwul closed source twrp made by xinkid520. It has very dangerous bug, if you switch slot your device will be bricked, and the only way to repair is paid authorized account (btw do not pay more than 15$ whatsoever, it's a ripoff).

I made a small mod to fix this.
Now it has default language by default (English) and that button was removed.
That jerk did not upload the sources, the changes were made only in the xml files, so there should not be any new bugs
Installation is the same as in original thread

Archive is .7z, but xda didn't allow this extension so i renamed it to .rar

Before and after
Screenshot_2021-09-04-22-56-47.pngScreenshot_2021-09-04-22-58-20.png

Attachments

• twrp-venus-fixed.rar
    94.7 MB · Views: 397
Reactions: Sage and raupe

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
There is afwul closed source twrp made by xinkid520. It has very dangerous bug, if you switch slot your device will be bricked, and the only way to repair is paid authorized account (btw do not pay more than 15$ whatsoever, it's a ripoff).

That jerk did not upload the sources, the changes were made only in the xml files, so there should not be any new bugs

Before and after
View attachment 5401889View attachment 5401891
Just a suggestion, why you don't share this file or put the link of this thread in the other thread, it will be useful for more people.

Pikaone41

Mar 11, 2021
False ! the first time i try twrp, i switch the slot and yes my device was bricked. I just flash the engenering rom and reflash a global rom. my phone is working without paid .

Reactions: zoltan78
flash from usb otg. this twrp is bad
yeah i've already tried that but twrp doesn't see the usb otg for some reason, managed to fix it after an hour of searching. the method adb push rom.zip /sdcard didn't work but someone suggested adb push rom.zip /data and this has allowed me to copy the rom to my phone and flash it now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Before and after
    Screenshot_2021-09-04-22-56-47.pngScreenshot_2021-09-04-22-58-20.png
    False ! the first time i try twrp, i switch the slot and yes my device was bricked. I just flash the engenering rom and reflash a global rom. my phone is working without paid .

However you will agree it's a good fix for prevent mistake/issue