• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [TWRP] [venus] TWRP Recovery for Mi 11

Search This thread

ralovesoc

Oct 11, 2020
Iasi
Xiaomi Mi 11
———————— TWRP for Mi 11 ——————————-

WARNING : I do not know who made this TWRP and i am NOT taking credit for it. Someone in my group chat found it. If you are the creator , PM Me.

images

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Download TWRP for Mi 11 , and put it in your fastboot folder.
2) Put your phone into
fastboot mode.
3) Do the following command :
fastboot boot twrp-recovery-venus. It will automatically boot into TWRP.
4) Change language to English (press the 6th option).
5) Go to
"Advanced" and select "Onekey inject TWRP".
6) Swipe to inject the TWRP. It might take a few minutes, so don't worry.

Note: Don't change the boot slot (Slot A) or maybe will not boot at
all.

Bugs: ADB Sideload is broken.

If you find any bug, feel free to report it down below.

Credits to @Cozzmy13 for decrypting the TWRP image! Here's the summary of events :

1) Chinese TWRP gets leaked onto my Telegram chat.
2) The recovery image is encoded and requires a dodgy chinese tool to decode it.
3) @Cozzmy13 finds a way to decode the image and make it bootable .
4) Me and Augustin El Metralleta try flashing the image, and we find out it works.

Last edited:

Danacy

Jan 7, 2014
U don't need to go in there only toxic people there
OK, then i'll stay here ;)
Anyone tried it? any approvements?
I don't think there are any improvements, because it's the first version. So, cannot be compared to anything. Furthermore, I do approve :)
that's fine, just wait for any room
Yes, more ROMs would be cool. Although I mainly stick with xiaomi.eu I do like to see development for different ROMs. But since this isn't my domain I can only patiently wait for developers to pick it up

No1.hood

Feb 27, 2021
谢谢楼主分享!!!
MOD EDIT: Please post only in English according to the FORUM RULES or at least add an English translation below your foreign language(Google translator for example),translation added below:

thanks for sharing! ! !

Last edited by a moderator:

Missignal_Dev

Dec 30, 2018
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi Max
谢谢楼主分享!!!
MOD EDIT: Please post only in English according to the FORUM RULES or at least add an English translation below your foreign language(Google translator for example),translation added below:

thanks for sharing! ! !
昨天还在帮朋友找,死活找不到,今天居然就在XDA上看到了…
(I've tried to search of a public TWRP for MI11 but found nothing yesterday, and today just accidentally found this on XDA)

LolzerSVK

Apr 10, 2019
Success :) But I recommend to translate the V2.0 program from Chinese to English via Google Translate camera option before you start anything flashing, because you have to just TEMPORARILY BOOT twrp img by the RIGHT button from the 3 clickable buttons that are next to each other :D Magisk 23 working as well, Magisk Hide needed to be turned on for Safetynet purpose.

g33k1

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G5
Xiaomi Mi 6
It does work. But if you click wrong thing your phone will be flashed with twrp on the boot. Meaning it will boot every time to twrp. And you will have to fastboot flash boot boot.img
Or magisk.img
It does boot v fine. But we can't install it to recovery. Also decryption v works fine. I don't no about restores and backups or installs but I have had it running

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    how to install twrp without pc?
    I have Mi11 with root.

You can't because you must be on Fastboot mode...
    you dont need to install TWRP after installing Xiaomi.eu , the OTA after will already contain it and boot into TWRP
    When I downloaded twrp and 12.08 it stated nothing about having twrp in the flash already. Only to download twrp, flash adb, then flash the update/or new version of the rom if you hadn't used before. Only thing I did for sure wrong was wiping my device. Unless that too was wrote but I failed to read.... Idk why others give snoody responses for lol... This is XDA you flash some stuff no matter if it's plain simple, direct instructions and mess up. That's on the flasher, not the person sharing. But thanks for your response, I'm staying on 12.08 for the time being until either A my pogo acc is banned, or B I have no choice but to update due to a major bug. I can live with fb messenger crashing, and the notification bar ghosting on its own from time to time.
    Modded recovery without dangerous switch slot button
    there can't be any updates because source code is missing, someone need to create new twrp from scratch
    Well, I'm working on two currently for the mi 11 and the mi 11 ultra. My bootloader unlocks Tuesday so hopefully it all works.

Edit: I have made a twrp image if anyone wants to test it. Fair warning, I have no idea if it works.
    ———————— TWRP for Mi 11 ——————————-

WARNING : I do not know who made this TWRP and i am NOT taking credit for it. Someone in my group chat found it. If you are the creator , PM Me.

images

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Download TWRP for Mi 11 , and put it in your fastboot folder.
    2) Put your phone into
    fastboot mode.
    3) Do the following command :
    fastboot boot twrp-recovery-venus. It will automatically boot into TWRP.
    4) Change language to English (press the 6th option).
    5) Go to
    "Advanced" and select "Onekey inject TWRP".
    6) Swipe to inject the TWRP. It might take a few minutes, so don't worry.

Note: Don't change the boot slot (Slot A) or maybe will not boot at
    all.

Bugs: ADB Sideload is broken.

If you find any bug, feel free to report it down below.

Credits to @Cozzmy13 for decrypting the TWRP image! Here's the summary of events :

1) Chinese TWRP gets leaked onto my Telegram chat.
    2) The recovery image is encoded and requires a dodgy chinese tool to decode it.
    3) @Cozzmy13 finds a way to decode the image and make it bootable .
    4) Me and Augustin El Metralleta try flashing the image, and we find out it works.
    UPDATE : Me and Cosmin are looking for a way to flash the TWRP image without using a dodgy CN tool. I will be updating the instructions soon.
    For anyone gonna flash official MIUI ROM via this TWRP:
    You have to open the official MIUI zip and find META-INF\com\android\metadata
    and open it as a text file;
    modified the "pre-device=" key as "venus".
    And it should look like this: " pre-device=venus ".
    Repack the MIUI zip and you should good to go.
    THREAD CLEANED

Just a friendly reminder to keep it civil, on-topic and refrain from putting fuel to fire by responding to posts that you think are offensive, hateful or racist. Just report if you feel something isn't right and let us take care of it for you, so that we can make your experience on the forum better. :)

Now let's all take a deep breath, and get back on topic, shall we?

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator
    Thread open again

strongst
    Forum Moderator