• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [TWRP] [venus] TWRP Recovery for Mi 11

Search This thread

Britch3s

Sep 10, 2016
Grayson
wait, so TWRP for venus, isnt supposed to stay after a flash/reboot?
little confused considering i flashed TWRP and its still on my device
while running EU 12.08 stable (not updating since
im running magisk/smali/HAL/pogo mods and stuff)
to much a hassle to remove smali ect. anyhow i couldnt quite make out
if its supposed to stick, or rather just boot onetime
then the "default" recovery will overwrite it as again,
im still running TWRP and have only flash 1 time (several times that day until
i got a "success" bc i DIDNT read directions fully.
but yea "anyone got an answer"? unsure the version im running
was nabbed when 12.08 of xiaomi eu was relased.
so whatever the version was at that time,
can grab if needed be but im pretty sure i know the answer. Id just rather have a for sure answer.

kmzway000

Mar 4, 2016
Pontianak
can grab if needed be but im pretty sure i know the answer. Id just rather have a for sure answer.

did you read instruction ?

boot twrp using fastboot .
then goto Advanced > One Inject Key to make twrp permanent .

Reactions: Sage

robkor

Oct 1, 2017
Twrp can't decrypt data. The ROM was clean flashed. Format data then, installed latest xiaomie EU ROM. Any solution? Please help. I am unable to decrypt data.

lndiana

May 17, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 11
You have to use PC, download rom, in twrp go to mount, select usb storage, this way your phone shows on pc, copy rom to phone's internal storage, in twrp select install, tap data, scroll down to media, flash rom, done

Reactions: jurarj

uscool

Jul 20, 2011

you dont need to install TWRP after installing Xiaomi.eu , the OTA after will already contain it and boot into TWRP

robkor

Oct 1, 2017
You have to use PC, download rom, in twrp go to mount, select usb storage, this way your phone shows on pc, copy rom to phone's internal storage, in twrp select install, tap data, scroll down to media, flash rom, done
Unfortunately this method does not work at all. I can mount USB storage and move ROM to the phone's internal storage, but then still all data is encrypted in twrp and the ROM is not visible at all. Is there any other way apart from formating data?

This is really bad because I have done everything correctly.
1.flash global ROM
2. Format data in twrp (yes)
3. Move xiaomi EU ROM to phone and flash it
4.set up all android, move pictures install all apps etc
And now I need to format all data and do it again :(

Anyone can help?

robkor

Oct 1, 2017
hi. for some reason mine installed in slot b? is there any way to un do this process and start again to install it to slot a? whats happening now is when i boot into twrp and click install i cant see internal. instead its showing root folders. and even from there if i goto sdcard nothing shows up. when booting into twrp it shows enter password for user 0. not sure why this happens. any help please?

edit == ive tried entering my password but it says its incorrect. ive tried all the wipes just keep getting error to mounts and error 255. i serious;y dont know what to do and i really need my phone to work. i have tried booting into fastboot and flashing the twrp decrypt img it boots fine to twrp but then asks for password to user 0. weirdly enough i can still boot the system rom fine but but i dont want to use this rom as its buggy.
Did you fix it? Mine is installed in slot A but I have exactly the same problem. Can you help? Thank you in advance

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Have u tried what I told you?

Tried what ? I'm not blocked. It's the science, you said to people have problem to go on data/media for retrieve their files/data BUT i just answer : "No because data partition is not mounted and can't be mounted (error 1xx / 2xx in red)... It's the deal with a encrypted partition lol"

Because if TWRP can't decrypt your partitions it's normal you don't have access to the internal data partition like when you can't go to home without unlock your door.

You have access ? Ok your TWRP working fine and recognize / decrypt your partition... If not, you can't mount your data parition and have error (in red) if you want wipe partitions. In this cas you must format Data

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
I wish I could say you're right, as it should be.
End of discussion for me, if somebody is unable to decrypt I said where to find the files in your sd card

You don't understand, all people know where are their files oin data\media BUT THEY CAN'T access at this files WHEN THEY HAVE DECRYTP PROBLEMS.
You can access to your files like all others people because YOU DON'T HAVE DECRYPT PROBLEMS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    how to install twrp without pc?
    I have Mi11 with root.

You can't because you must be on Fastboot mode...
    you dont need to install TWRP after installing Xiaomi.eu , the OTA after will already contain it and boot into TWRP
    When I downloaded twrp and 12.08 it stated nothing about having twrp in the flash already. Only to download twrp, flash adb, then flash the update/or new version of the rom if you hadn't used before. Only thing I did for sure wrong was wiping my device. Unless that too was wrote but I failed to read.... Idk why others give snoody responses for lol... This is XDA you flash some stuff no matter if it's plain simple, direct instructions and mess up. That's on the flasher, not the person sharing. But thanks for your response, I'm staying on 12.08 for the time being until either A my pogo acc is banned, or B I have no choice but to update due to a major bug. I can live with fb messenger crashing, and the notification bar ghosting on its own from time to time.
    Modded recovery without dangerous switch slot button
    there can't be any updates because source code is missing, someone need to create new twrp from scratch
    Well, I'm working on two currently for the mi 11 and the mi 11 ultra. My bootloader unlocks Tuesday so hopefully it all works.

Edit: I have made a twrp image if anyone wants to test it. Fair warning, I have no idea if it works.
    Well, I saw this conversation and didn't believe too. But it works somehow. Chinese magic. 👽
    ———————— TWRP for Mi 11 ——————————-

WARNING : I do not know who made this TWRP and i am NOT taking credit for it. Someone in my group chat found it. If you are the creator , PM Me.

images

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Download TWRP for Mi 11 , and put it in your fastboot folder.
    2) Put your phone into
    fastboot mode.
    3) Do the following command :
    fastboot boot twrp-recovery-venus. It will automatically boot into TWRP.
    4) Change language to English (press the 6th option).
    5) Go to
    "Advanced" and select "Onekey inject TWRP".
    6) Swipe to inject the TWRP. It might take a few minutes, so don't worry.

Note: Don't change the boot slot (Slot A) or maybe will not boot at
    all.

Bugs: ADB Sideload is broken.

If you find any bug, feel free to report it down below.

Credits to @Cozzmy13 for decrypting the TWRP image! Here's the summary of events :

1) Chinese TWRP gets leaked onto my Telegram chat.
    2) The recovery image is encoded and requires a dodgy chinese tool to decode it.
    3) @Cozzmy13 finds a way to decode the image and make it bootable .
    4) Me and Augustin El Metralleta try flashing the image, and we find out it works.
    For anyone gonna flash official MIUI ROM via this TWRP:
    You have to open the official MIUI zip and find META-INF\com\android\metadata
    and open it as a text file;
    modified the "pre-device=" key as "venus".
    And it should look like this: " pre-device=venus ".
    Repack the MIUI zip and you should good to go.
    UPDATE : Me and Cosmin are looking for a way to flash the TWRP image without using a dodgy CN tool. I will be updating the instructions soon.
    THREAD CLEANED

Just a friendly reminder to keep it civil, on-topic and refrain from putting fuel to fire by responding to posts that you think are offensive, hateful or racist. Just report if you feel something isn't right and let us take care of it for you, so that we can make your experience on the forum better. :)

Now let's all take a deep breath, and get back on topic, shall we?

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator
    Thread open again

strongst
    Forum Moderator