• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [TWRP] [venus] TWRP Recovery for Mi 11

Search This thread

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
I think this is why fastboot flashing is recommended for this device rather than twrp. I would be avoiding twrp until it becomes Official

TWRP Working fine, the only problem is this Chinese UI causing problem for some people

Attachments

• TWRP Boot Decrypt 01.png
    TWRP Boot Decrypt 01.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 198
  • TWRP Boot Decrypt 02.png
    TWRP Boot Decrypt 02.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 194
  • TWRP Boot Decrypt 03.png
    TWRP Boot Decrypt 03.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 195
  • Magisk Install From TWRP 00.png
    Magisk Install From TWRP 00.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 196

garfi

Aug 28, 2005
Tried what ? I'm not blocked. It's the science, you said to people have problem to go on data/media for retrieve their files/data BUT i just answer : "No because data partition is not mounted and can't be mounted (error 1xx / 2xx in red)... It's the deal with a encrypted partition lol"

Because if TWRP can't decrypt your partitions it's normal you don't have access to the internal data partition like when you can't go to home without unlock your door.

You have access ? Ok your TWRP working fine and recognize / decrypt your partition... If not, you can't mount your data parition and have error (in red) if you want wipe partitions. In this cas you must format Data

I have decryption problem with TWRP after flashing *any* ROM (even)after wipe/format data.

I tried this and it WORKED for me!

go to twrp format wipe data *everything* (type yes)
after that reboot to twrp again, then plug usb to pc, then (from inside twrp) reboot to fastboot.

download this rom, this is xiaomi.eu ROM Mi11 *FOR FASTBOOT*, dont remember, you can look for the latest one from xiaomi.eu but look only FOR FASTBOOT!!! this is important*, dont try others.

after download finished, extract to a directory on your pc and run "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat"

just wait to finish, then setup phone, also setup your PIN/PASSCODE/PATTERN etc...

to test twrp decrypt works, go to twrp and enter your passcode for decrypt, you will see that it will decrypt your data :)

you can flash directly/(dont format data) every *weekly* ROM from twrp (xiaomi.eu, one os etc..), decrpytion will work.

Last edited:

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
I have decryption problem with TWRP after flashing *any* ROM (even)after wipe/format data.

I tried this and it WORKED for me!

go to twrp format wipe data *everything* (type yes)
after that reboot to twrp again, then plug usb to pc, then (from inside twrp) reboot to fastboot.

download this rom, this is xiaomi.eu ROM Mi11 *FOR FASTBOOT*, dont remember, you can look for the latest one from xiaomi.eu but look only FOR FASTBOOT!!! this is important*, dont try others.

after download finished, extract to a directory on your pc and run "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat"

just wait to finish, then setup phone, also setup your PIN/PASSCODE/PATTERN etc...

to test twrp decrypt works, go to twrp and enter your passcode for decrypt, you will see that it will decrypt your data :)

you can flash directly/(dont format data) every *weekly* ROM from twrp (xiaomi.eu, one os etc..), decrpytion will work.
Thanks but i have absolutely any decrption problem mate lol ^^

Justexplain in my previous post that when you can't decrypt, you can't acces to your data

kitamurt

Jun 22, 2019
does anyone know if it's possible to flash gsi roms (.img files) with twrp instead of fastboot method?

kitamurt

Jun 22, 2019
does anyone know if it's possible to flash gsi roms (.img files) with twrp instead of fastboot method?

Britch3s

Sep 10, 2016
Grayson
did you read instruction ?

boot twrp using fastboot .
then goto Advanced > One Inject Key to make twrp permanent .
Idk if you read me right, but my twrp is permanent. I did NOT do what the instructions stated, only flashed twrp, my room, wiped, rebooted waited.. waited...yep waited some more and booted. But since then I've had no issue. Only fb messenger force closes randomly and crashes... But nope didn't follow instructions to a t. Flashing twrp on my Poco f2 pro no matter the instructions always after a few reboots would default back to factory recovery.

Britch3s

Sep 10, 2016
Grayson
you dont need to install TWRP after installing Xiaomi.eu , the OTA after will already contain it and boot into TWRP
When I downloaded twrp and 12.08 it stated nothing about having twrp in the flash already. Only to download twrp, flash adb, then flash the update/or new version of the rom if you hadn't used before. Only thing I did for sure wrong was wiping my device. Unless that too was wrote but I failed to read.... Idk why others give snoody responses for lol... This is XDA you flash some stuff no matter if it's plain simple, direct instructions and mess up. That's on the flasher, not the person sharing. But thanks for your response, I'm staying on 12.08 for the time being until either A my pogo acc is banned, or B I have no choice but to update due to a major bug. I can live with fb messenger crashing, and the notification bar ghosting on its own from time to time.

Reactions: uscool

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Idk if you read me right, but my twrp is permanent. I did NOT do what the instructions stated, only flashed twrp, my room, wiped, rebooted waited.. waited...yep waited some more and booted. But since then I've had no issue. Only fb messenger force closes randomly and crashes... But nope didn't follow instructions to a t. Flashing twrp on my Poco f2 pro no matter the instructions always after a few reboots would default back to factory recovery.

You could trying :
- Clear Cache FB Messenger App
- Update FB Messager App to the lastest Beta (there Beta/Alpha everyday)
- Do a Factory Reset directly from your ROM (Settings > My Device > Factory Reset)
If you make a factory reset, think to backup your data before, all will be erased

kmzway000

Mar 4, 2016
Pontianak

JohnFromIT

Sep 12, 2021
there can't be any updates because source code is missing, someone need to create new twrp from scratch
Well, I'm working on two currently for the mi 11 and the mi 11 ultra. My bootloader unlocks Tuesday so hopefully it all works.

Edit: I have made a twrp image if anyone wants to test it. Fair warning, I have no idea if it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: mali301262

mmns

Apr 20, 2015
i have few questions about my twrp on my mi 11 pro :
1. why you must delete all your finger print and password of the screen saver in order to see zip files on your twrp? so how can i defend my phone from strangers ?
2. i want the twrp remain on english forever and not to change it every time , so why after clicking the "advanced" i dont see the raw "onekey inject twrp" ? i only see 4 raws , and the last one is - "partition sd card" .
3. how can i delete the twrp from my phone and change it with the original stock recovery ? is there a link to the mi 11 pro stock recovery?
thnx

pittrich

Nov 13, 2009
Berlin
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 5
i have few questions about my twrp on my mi 11 pro :
1. why you must delete all your finger print and password of the screen saver in order to see zip files on your twrp? so how can i defend my phone from strangers ?
2. i want the twrp remain on english forever and not to change it every time , so why after clicking the "advanced" i dont see the raw "onekey inject twrp" ? i only see 4 raws , and the last one is - "partition sd card" .
3. how can i delete the twrp from my phone and change it with the original stock recovery ? is there a link to the mi 11 pro stock recovery?
thnx
1: you don't have to delete the fingerprints and the password. Just enter the password in the TWRP to decrypt the memory.

2: the TWRP should keep the set language. Maybe only switch to English the first time you start. Inject TWRP is not necessary. If you are flashing the ROM for the first time, just boot into the TWRP. The script from the EU ROM then flashes the TWRP permanently.

3: the original recovery is restored by flashing the original Chinese ROM. However, you will need the TWRP if you want to continue to update the EU ROM.

mmns

Apr 20, 2015
thnx for replying me .
1: you don't have to delete the fingerprints and the password. Just enter the password in the TWRP to decrypt the memory.

2: the TWRP should keep the set language. Maybe only switch to English the first time you start. Inject TWRP is not necessary. If you are flashing the ROM for the first time, just boot into the TWRP. The script from the EU ROM then flashes the TWRP permanently.

3: the original recovery is restored by flashing the original Chinese ROM. However, you will need the TWRP if you want to continue to update the EU ROM.
thnx for replying me .
1. Just enter the password in the TWRP to decrypt the memory - what do you mean by that ? sadlly i dont see the zip files + i dont see the twrp file when i connect the phone to my computer , unlesssssss i delete the fingerprints and the password from my settings . i figure that yesterday when i wanted to flash a new rom .

2. the twrp dont keep my english , and every enterence i have to change it from chinese to english . can you please teach me how to keep my english on twrp?

3. so actually , when you flash the twrp and after that the eu.rom , its mean that you actually deleted the original chinese stock recovery , over write it . correct?

pittrich

Nov 13, 2009
Berlin
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 5
1: if you protect your phone with a password and fingerprint, you encrypt all data on the memory with it. As a result, you have to enter this password in the TWRP in order to decrypt the internal memory.
The ROM copied to the phone should be found under data / media / 0.

2: the changed language of the TWRP should remain set after permanent flashing by installing the EU ROM. At least that's how it is for me.

3: There is no recovery on the Mi 11 / Pro / Ultra. You have dynamic A / B partitions. The TWRP only allows you to permanently install the EU ROM in one of the partitions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ———————— TWRP for Mi 11 ——————————-

WARNING : I do not know who made this TWRP and i am NOT taking credit for it. Someone in my group chat found it. If you are the creator , PM Me.

images

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Download TWRP for Mi 11 , and put it in your fastboot folder.
    2) Put your phone into
    fastboot mode.
    3) Do the following command :
    fastboot boot twrp-recovery-venus. It will automatically boot into TWRP.
    4) Change language to English (press the 6th option).
    5) Go to
    "Advanced" and select "Onekey inject TWRP".
    6) Swipe to inject the TWRP. It might take a few minutes, so don't worry.

Note: Don't change the boot slot (Slot A) or maybe will not boot at
    all.

Bugs: ADB Sideload is broken.

If you find any bug, feel free to report it down below.

Credits to @Cozzmy13 for decrypting the TWRP image! Here's the summary of events :

1) Chinese TWRP gets leaked onto my Telegram chat.
    2) The recovery image is encoded and requires a dodgy chinese tool to decode it.
    3) @Cozzmy13 finds a way to decode the image and make it bootable .
    4) Me and Augustin El Metralleta try flashing the image, and we find out it works.
    For anyone gonna flash official MIUI ROM via this TWRP:
    You have to open the official MIUI zip and find META-INF\com\android\metadata
    and open it as a text file;
    modified the "pre-device=" key as "venus".
    And it should look like this: " pre-device=venus ".
    Repack the MIUI zip and you should good to go.
    UPDATE : Me and Cosmin are looking for a way to flash the TWRP image without using a dodgy CN tool. I will be updating the instructions soon.
    THREAD CLEANED

Just a friendly reminder to keep it civil, on-topic and refrain from putting fuel to fire by responding to posts that you think are offensive, hateful or racist. Just report if you feel something isn't right and let us take care of it for you, so that we can make your experience on the forum better. :)

Now let's all take a deep breath, and get back on topic, shall we?

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator
    Thread open again

strongst
    Forum Moderator