• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [TWRP] [venus] TWRP Recovery for Mi 11

Search This thread

FalenDemon

Mar 31, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 10
Xiaomi Mi 11
Which version of the TWRP are you using?
I belive from this thread. But now I have some doubts.

But I find another solution. Despite decryption gone wrong, I have access to data folder (sdcard). Through /data/media.

Main thing not to try mount any partitions.

Attachments

• IMG_20210918_211916.jpg
    IMG_20210918_211916.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 60

jrvenge

Sep 26, 2009
I dont understand this Magisk thing, and dont really want to flash anything thats going to cause issues, just took me ages to get the phone set up how i like it. Everything is running great apart from a pub app that wines about hooking detection and will not load. Had that on another phone to though that was stock.

What exactly does this do, had a read but its kinda beyond me.

b0nebreaker

Sep 28, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11
I dont understand this Magisk thing, and dont really want to flash anything thats going to cause issues, just took me ages to get the phone set up how i like it. Everything is running great apart from a pub app that wines about hooking detection and will not load. Had that on another phone to though that was stock.

What exactly does this do, had a read but its kinda beyond me.
Magisk is a way of rooting the phone. If you don't need root then don't bother with it.

jrvenge

Sep 26, 2009
Yes i have no need to, everything apart from that 1 app is fine, only thing i would like is OTA update support, but for now its no problem just plugging in, i tend to have a read about updates after incase there are any issues anyway.

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Yes i have no need to, everything apart from that 1 app is fine, only thing i would like is OTA update support, but for now its no problem just plugging in, i tend to have a read about updates after incase there are any issues anyway.

??? OTA Update is always supported if you know how to proceed for keep your root on your MIUI and above all you can easily remove entirely Magisk in one click if you want.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, I saw this conversation and didn't believe too. But it works somehow. Chinese magic. 👽
    U may not believe but u could try before answering as he did...
    Glad it helped u...
    ———————— TWRP for Mi 11 ——————————-

WARNING : I do not know who made this TWRP and i am NOT taking credit for it. Someone in my group chat found it. If you are the creator , PM Me.

images

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Download TWRP for Mi 11 , and put it in your fastboot folder.
    2) Put your phone into
    fastboot mode.
    3) Do the following command :
    fastboot boot twrp-recovery-venus. It will automatically boot into TWRP.
    4) Change language to English (press the 6th option).
    5) Go to
    "Advanced" and select "Onekey inject TWRP".
    6) Swipe to inject the TWRP. It might take a few minutes, so don't worry.

Note: Don't change the boot slot (Slot A) or maybe will not boot at
    all.

Bugs: ADB Sideload is broken.

If you find any bug, feel free to report it down below.

Credits to @Cozzmy13 for decrypting the TWRP image! Here's the summary of events :

1) Chinese TWRP gets leaked onto my Telegram chat.
    2) The recovery image is encoded and requires a dodgy chinese tool to decode it.
    3) @Cozzmy13 finds a way to decode the image and make it bootable .
    4) Me and Augustin El Metralleta try flashing the image, and we find out it works.
    For anyone gonna flash official MIUI ROM via this TWRP:
    You have to open the official MIUI zip and find META-INF\com\android\metadata
    and open it as a text file;
    modified the "pre-device=" key as "venus".
    And it should look like this: " pre-device=venus ".
    Repack the MIUI zip and you should good to go.
    UPDATE : Me and Cosmin are looking for a way to flash the TWRP image without using a dodgy CN tool. I will be updating the instructions soon.
    THREAD CLEANED

Just a friendly reminder to keep it civil, on-topic and refrain from putting fuel to fire by responding to posts that you think are offensive, hateful or racist. Just report if you feel something isn't right and let us take care of it for you, so that we can make your experience on the forum better. :)

Now let's all take a deep breath, and get back on topic, shall we?

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator
    Thread open again

strongst
    Forum Moderator