• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

TWRP -> Which partitions you have to select to get a complete backup of Honor 7?

Search This thread

Icetea

Nov 8, 2014
i'm sure you have to select:
system;
recovery;
boot;
data.

But what should i select from the others partitions?
cache
cust
3rdmodem
splash2
modem_om
3rdmodemnvmback

Can you explain? :confused:

samcro94

Aug 16, 2014
PARIS
Hi, i use TWRP from years , never selected anythig, just clic on the Backup button
I made a backup with the simkin's one and restored it without any problem
The phone is exactly in the same configuration, just had to reinstall Waze as usual

Reactions: Icetea

sminki

Feb 18, 2012
hard shoulders of reality
cache - no point
cust - no need, but wouldn't harm anything
i don't know why splash2 even shows up! :p mistake in the fstab in recovery - something else to fix..

the others, well.. if you're going from a 140 to 170 backup (or similar) i guess they would be required, but I haven't tested this myself! these are things that get patched with incremental firmware updates, we cannot manually flash these with fastboot, so handle with care!

Reactions: Icetea

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, i use TWRP from years , never selected anythig, just clic on the Backup button
    I made a backup with the simkin's one and restored it without any problem
    The phone is exactly in the same configuration, just had to reinstall Waze as usual
    cache - no point
    cust - no need, but wouldn't harm anything
    i don't know why splash2 even shows up! :p mistake in the fstab in recovery - something else to fix..

the others, well.. if you're going from a 140 to 170 backup (or similar) i guess they would be required, but I haven't tested this myself! these are things that get patched with incremental firmware updates, we cannot manually flash these with fastboot, so handle with care!