General [TWRP] Xiaomi 12

Search This thread

7gismo

Jun 22, 2011
Apparently the site no longer works for downloads.
If it is for a first installation, the Twrp you downloaded is the REC not Boot Version.
Wait for the site to work.
So if I understand this correctly, the plan should be to flash TWRP BOOT A12 version first via fastboot command after bootloader is unlocked. Seems like the dl.akr-developers.com website is not fully functional (loads slowly for me as well), hopefully it will be sorted in the next few days (as mentioned above I'm still waiting for the BL unlock, so I can wait no problem).

[BOOT]3.6.2_12-Mi12_v6.3_A12-cupid-skkk_b62a9844.zip
https://dl.akr-developers.com/?file=skkk/TWRP/A12/v6.3_A12/[BOOT]3.6.2_12-Mi12_v6.3_A12-cupid-skkk_b62a9844.zip
78.63MB
2022-09-13 01:06

So if I understand this correctly, the plan should be to flash TWRP BOOT A12 version first via fastboot command after bootloader is unlocked. Seems like the dl.akr-developers.com website is not fully functional (loads slowly for me as well), hopefully it will be sorted in the next few days (as mentioned above I'm still waiting for the BL unlock, so I can wait no problem).

https://dl.akr-developers.com/?file=skkk/TWRP/A12/v6.3_A12/[BOOT]3.6.2_12-Mi12_v6.3_A12-cupid-skkk_b62a9844.zip
78.63MB
Here is a link to the official telegram Cupid group. I will upload the latest [Boot] and [Rec] versions for both A12 and A13. No guarantees that it will be fast though.
Edit: It turns out that only the Boot version for A12 is the latest 6.3. The rest are 6.0

Edit Moderation : Contrary to Forum Rule #5 regarding social media links - TG link deleted - Sib64 - Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor

78.63MB
In case use this command for TWRP(REC).
fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img CMD
/.fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img PowerShell

7gismo

Jun 22, 2011
Here is a link to the official telegram Cupid group. I will upload the latest [Boot] and [Rec] versions for both A12 and A13. No guarantees that it will be fast though.
Edit: It turns out that only the Boot version for A12 is the latest 6.3. The rest are 6.0
Edit Moderation : Contrary to Forum Rule #5 regarding social media links - TG link deleted - Sib64 - Moderator
No worries, help is much appreciated! Was planning to do the BOOT A12 6.3 TWRP version and then EU ROM route. My unlock time should be ready around Saturday morning November the 12th.

Last edited by a moderator:

7gismo

Jun 22, 2011
In case use this command for TWRP(REC).
fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img CMD
/.fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img PowerShell
I presume BOOT version of TWRP is a better job than the REC version only? I'd like to have permanent TWRP on the phone for seamless future ROM updates using zip files only (not to mention Magisk or other ROOT related enhancements if it comes to it).

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
I presume BOOT version of TWRP is a better job than the REC version only? I'd like to have permanent TWRP on the phone for seamless future ROM updates using zip files only (not to mention Magisk or other ROOT related enhancements if it comes to it).
Nope, the same except that one allows you to boot from it and the other installs with existing Twrp.
If you install a Xiaomi Eu rom no need root.

7gismo

Jun 22, 2011
Nope, the same except that one allows you to boot from it and the other installs with existing Twrp.
If you install a Xiaomi Eu rom no need root.
Fair enough. I will use the REC TWRP version downloaded from sourceforge you kindly provided me with earlier and then flash it using the commands you mentioned above. And after that EU ROM will follow. Thank you very much so far! I wil report back in case there are problems, but it should go fine I'd say:)

7gismo

Jun 22, 2011
I'm happy to report after successful bootloader unlock I installed the TWRP (REC) and also now running on the latest EU ROM. Had to use friend's Windows PC though, running virtual Windows 11 ARM version in Parallels on my Macbook M1 was a fail since Windows ARM doesn't allow fastboot/google/Xiaomi USB drivers installation (which sucks, but hey not the end of the world).

7gismo

Jun 22, 2011
Unfortunately, I can't install it, the command line reports an error. can you advise
Command line? The twrp image file from sourceforge.net should be installed only through existing TWRP you have as custom recovery on your phone. Just follow the steps below, this was already posted earlier in this thread by NOS88 (who has been very helpful in all fairness):

rename the twrp-3.7.0_12-v6.5_A12-cupid-skkk.img (from sourceforge.net) to twrp.img

reboot phone to TWRP (your custom recovery, press volume up button and power button at the same time)

when in TWRP do this: press install/install img/select twrp.img/select recovery/install

reboot TWRP and check if it is the new version.

Benoni1

Mar 2, 2015
Czech
Xiaomi 12
Command line? The twrp image file from sourceforge.net should be installed only through existing TWRP you have as custom recovery on your phone. Just follow the steps below, this was already posted earlier in this thread by NOS88 (who has been very helpful in all fairness):

rename the twrp-3.7.0_12-v6.5_A12-cupid-skkk.img (from sourceforge.net) to twrp.img

reboot phone to TWRP (your custom recovery, press volume up button and power button at the same time)

when in TWRP do this: press install/install img/select twrp.img/select recovery/install

reboot TWRP and check if it is the new version.
I can't get into TWRP by selecting the buttons. Root disappeared.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
ROM: Cupid_eea_global_images_v13.0.24.0.SLCEUX-20220927.0000.00_12.0_eea
TWRP: twrp-3.7.0_12-v6.5_A12-cupid-skkk.img
Thanks in advance for your help
Yeap, install the rom with Miflash then the Twrp.
But this Twrp is a REC version, you will have to use the command"fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img"or if you have kept the BOOT version, flash it"fastboot boot twrp.img"then update with it.

Top Liked Posts