General [TWRP] Xiaomi 12

Search This thread

beastbrain

Jul 4, 2018
Possible that if you have not removed the security of the lock screen, it blocks at this level.
Do you want to install TWRP to install a Xiaomi EU rom?
Im trying to install any other rom than stock, so yes twrp for xiaomi EU, then tried LOS 19 doesn't work either, I managed to get LOS 20 recovery but LOS rom doesnt work yet and I cant sideload anything else

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Im trying to install any other rom than stock, so yes twrp for xiaomi EU, then tried LOS 19 doesn't work either, I managed to get LOS 20 recovery but LOS rom doesnt work yet and I cant sideload anything else
the workaround would be to install a Xiaomi Eu rom version Fastboot.zip(xiaomi.eu_multi_XM12_V13.0.36.0.SLCCNXM_v13-12-fastboot.zip) then update the TWRP, then you can do whatever you want.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-STABLE-RELEASES/MIUIv13/

Reactions: beastbrain

beastbrain

Jul 4, 2018
If you try with a Xiaomi eu rom select this command "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat".
weirdly I managed to get twrp without that rom, I managed to flash 19.1 LOS recovery lineage-19.1-20220618-UNOFFICIAL-cupid-recovery.img and format data, sideloading LOS 19.1 rom did not work but I forgot to disable verity with vbmeta, maybe that was why, anyway after getting los 19.1 recovery I tried to "fastboot boot twrp-3.6.2_12-v3.9_A12-cupid-unofficialtwrp.img and it worked, will play a bit with roms now

BeyondWithin

Dec 9, 2022
Hi, I am having an issue - I have unlocked the bootloader, Installed the Xiaomi.eu rom, but when I try to load the bootable TWRP, then CMD will say that everything is fine, however instead of rebooting and loading the TWRP, the phone just turns off. When pressing power and volume down it loads the default fastboot.

1670626307714.png

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Hi, I am having an issue - I have unlocked the bootloader, Installed the Xiaomi.eu rom, but when I try to load the bootable TWRP, then CMD will say that everything is fine, however instead of rebooting and loading the TWRP, the phone just turns off. When pressing power and volume down it loads the default fastboot.
According to the command you use a twrp for the 12 pro(ZEUS) and you have a 12(Cupid).
https://sourceforge.net/projects/recovery-for-xiaomi-devices/files/cupid/
it's a REC TWRP.
Remove the security from the lock screen then reboot and use the command: fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img and reboot with the combination of buttons not with a command.

Sirguda

Sep 11, 2015
Xiaomi 12
My TWRP is in Chinese (why ? I don't know, I downloaded it from Sourceforge). I don't even know what to choose on the first screen. Is there a way to change that ? It seems it asks me to enter something (code, password, whatever,...), but I don't want to make any mistake.

BeyondWithin

Dec 9, 2022
According to the command you use a twrp for the 12 pro(ZEUS) and you have a 12(Cupid).
https://sourceforge.net/projects/recovery-for-xiaomi-devices/files/cupid/
it's a REC TWRP.
Remove the security from the lock screen then reboot and use the command: fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img and reboot with the combination of buttons not with a command.
I did that, everything completed on CMD, however still gives me the fastboot when restarting with volume down and power button.
1671911197118.png

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Is this Twrp installed with platform tools? can I flash from Twrp Android 12, then flash a rom through fasboot with android 13? I would like to have rom A13 with twrp A13, but I had a bootloop due to the issue of twrp REC (=102mb) and boot (+190mb) I am on A12 xiaomi eu penultimate stable
No need Twrp to update Xiaomi Eu rom to A13.(Fastboot mode).
The Twrp currently provides are REC versions.
Install the A13 rom then the TWRP A13 (not necessary for the moment as the Xiaomi EU roms are in Fastboot).
Use the existing Twrp to go to the A13 Twrp or fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img.
Remove security from the lock screen and restart before any operations.

Reactions: Andres88z

Top Liked Posts