General [TWRP] Xiaomi 12

Search This thread

Benoni1

Mar 2, 2015
Czech
Hello. I've been trying for weeks. After backing up in TWRP, which goes smoothly without problems and ends with a success message and restore again, the phone ends up in the miui logo and the backup won't load. I have to reinstall the system, download the app and debug the phone again. Does anyone know where the error is? Thanks for the answers.
229 / 5 000

Výsledky překladu​

Výsledek překladu​

Otherwise, when backing up, a message appears in TWRP - Data backup does not include any internal storage files, such as images, music or downloads. Either I have something set wrong there, or TWRP is useless if you can't restore.

Last edited:

Benoni1

Mar 2, 2015
Czech
Při zálohování v TWRP se zobrazí zpráva – Záloha dat nezahrnuje žádné soubory interního úložiště, jako jsou obrázky, hudba nebo stažené soubory. To znamená, že obnova neproblikne do původního stavu, ale to by bylo TWRP k ničemu.

Mod translation: When backing up in TWRP, you'll see a message - Data backup does not include any internal storage files such as images, music or downloads. This means the recovery won't flash to the original state, but that would make TWRP useless.

Last edited by a moderator:

alecxs

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
what is wrong with manual backup?
Code:
adb pull -a /sdcard

if that is not sufficient for you, add line in twrp.fstab and flash modified recovery.img (I might create a flashable zip one day)
Code:
/storage  auto  /sdcard  flags=fsflags="bind";display="Internal Storage";backup=1;usermrf;ignoreblkid

Jan 29, 2011
México
Hello, i have some small doubts i hope not to disturb.

I upgraded to the new version with twrp from the fastboot version.

At the time of installing and finishing gave me errors in the folder root_ext, vendor and 4 or 5 more, i do not remember all the names and forget to take ss, but when restarting it seems that it worked well, there is no problem if i leave it like that??.

And in case you recommend me to do a clean installation, as i do from twrp??.

Thank you and excuse me for the noob questions.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Hello, i have some small doubts i hope not to disturb.

I upgraded to the new version with twrp from the fastboot version.

At the time of installing and finishing gave me errors in the folder root_ext, vendor and 4 or 5 more, i do not remember all the names and forget to take ss, but when restarting it seems that it worked well, there is no problem if i leave it like that??.

And in case you recommend me to do a clean installation, as i do from twrp??.

Thank you and excuse me for the noob questions.
Which rom?
From which TWR has which TWRP?
The phone is rooted?

Jan 29, 2011
México
Which rom?
From which TWR has which TWRP?
The phone is rooted?
I update from this rom..
xiaomi.eu_multi_XM12_V14.0.3.0.TLCCNXM_v14-13-fastboot.zip

To this...
xiaomi.eu_multi_XM12_V14.0.4.0.TLCCNXM_v14-13.zip

But still to finish the update show me a errors in some folders, but apparently all work fine, and my phone is not rooted.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
I update from this rom..
xiaomi.eu_multi_XM12_V14.0.3.0.TLCCNXM_v14-13-fastboot.zip

To this...

But still to finish the update show me a errors in some folders, but apparently all work fine, and my phone is not rooted.
Maybe you did it this way, just in case:
You already had a twrp A13 to update on the
use OTA and not TWRP directly.
But if everything works, no problem, just check if the version of twrp currently on your phone is the same as the last one and update with the twrp. (surely not, the last version is 2 hours old).

https://sourceforge.net/projects/recovery-for-xiaomi-devices/files/cupid/

Reactions: darkevangelion

Benoni1

Mar 2, 2015
Czech
what is wrong with manual backup?
Code:
adb pull -a /sdcard

if that is not sufficient for you, add line in twrp.fstab and flash modified recovery.img (I might create a flashable zip one day)
Thank you for answer. But I need to write a detailed description of how to do it, including recovery. Sorry, but I'm a semi-layman. Thanks for the reply.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts