[TWRP ZIP] Underclock CPU without messing up mp-decision

effry

Mar 14, 2011
Milan
First of all, all credits go to @Tomoms that kindly created the zip.

Our bacons are getting pretty old especially on the battery side. After using sultanxda rom that was underclocked to 1958 Mhz i noticed a nice improve of SOT without sacrificing performance too much .

Unfortunately, on every other ROM, changing frequencies trough kernel tweaking apps (ie kernel adiutor) results in Qualcomm mp-decision not behaving correctly, cores not going offline and frequencies scaling pretty much messing up.

This zip underclocks correctly your CPU to 1958mhz, without the need of any third party app, hope you ll find it useful.

Again, all credits go to @Tomoms

Attachments

Younex

Aug 14, 2014
omgomgomg i was wondering about this for so long !
my fault for not checking this place for 2 years lol. I also used Kernel Adiutor which misbehaved at times, random overheating after settings failing to apply on boot, and noticed mdprecision erros in the logs
1958 MHz is also the frequency i used, how is this all a coincidence ^^
Is it possible to edit a value in the zip to underclock to 2.3 Ghz ? (i don't remember the exact number)
Not that i need it, just wondering. OPO currently pretty dead from weird cpu/power/battery issues, if this fixes I'll be ecstatic :D

sgtfoo

Nov 9, 2010
Toronto
Can the number be set in the `anykernel.sh` file to any reasonable clock speed? such as 1750Mhz? Or does it need to be a specific multiple, or something?

ffff2

Feb 19, 2020
Not working on the microg build of lineage OS

The script runs fine with no errors but when I boot back to android the max CPU freq is still unchanged.

Not sure where I can find the debug log to post here,

Thanks.

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
Trieste
Not working on the microg build of lineage OS

The script runs fine with no errors but when I boot back to android the max CPU freq is still unchanged.

Not sure where I can find the debug log to post here,

Thanks.
Updated zip that should work on newer ROMs:
https://mega.nz/file/VoURxIZD#l2bL5yS0cArj47ablsxHjuFLughHSPt1aORJR2F3T0k

EDIT: it underclocks all CPUs to 1,9 GHz, as in Sultan's ROM. Not tested but it should really work. If anyone tries it, please give me feedback :)

Last edited:

Artos0131

Nov 15, 2012
Updated zip that should work on newer ROMs:
https://mega.nz/file/VoURxIZD#l2bL5yS0cArj47ablsxHjuFLughHSPt1aORJR2F3T0k

EDIT: it underclocks all CPUs to 1,9 GHz, as in Sultan's ROM. Not tested but it should really work. If anyone tries it, please give me feedback :)
I had revived my account just to say thank you! :)

CPU frequencies seem to be working fine on most recent Lineage OS 17.1 and CPU info never shows usage above 1958 MHz.

It's amazing that this phone has survived 8 years, here's hoping it can survive 8 more. :D

ZoomahZoomah

Jan 30, 2013
I had revived my account just to say thank you! :)

CPU frequencies seem to be working fine on most recent Lineage OS 17.1 and CPU info never shows usage above 1958 MHz.

It's amazing that this phone has survived 8 years, here's hoping it can survive 8 more. :D
What app are you using to check CPU clock speeds?

Last edited: