TWRP?

Search This thread

Flash-A-Holic

Jul 8, 2015
Last edited:

mccreary

Feb 12, 2018
The version of TWRP linked in this thread works well enough to install Sailfish OS, but YMMV if you want to use it for any other purpose. It cannot decrypt the userdata partition (so you can't use it to make a backup), and you're better off using fastboot to restore the other partitions rather than a nandroid backup made with TWRP.

mccreary

Feb 12, 2018
To be more blunt, don't use the TWRP from the Sailfish OS instructions for anything other than installing Sailfish OS. It has nasty FDE bug that may force you to wipe userdata after you boot it.

mccreary

Feb 12, 2018
tdm and I have prioritized work on LineageOS over TWRP, so there isn't likely to be a new version from us in the near term. I don't know if anyone else is working on TWRP for the F(x)tec Pro1.

Reactions: mcdinner

daniel_m

Oct 7, 2012
How did you guys flash the TWRP image? I tried booting and flashing the image, but fastboot only fails with "FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')". I tried different (Windows 10) machines, fastboot versions, USB cables and USB ports ... without any luck :(

mccreary

Feb 12, 2018
Don't use the SailfishOS version of TWRP for anything other than installing SailfishOS. If you are installing SailfishOS, follow the instructions for how to flash TWRP from the F(x)tec forums.

daniel_m

Oct 7, 2012
Too late, I already flashed TWRP ... and regretted it immediately. Apparently, TWRP destroyed the encryption header/footer. No bad feelings though :D
Looking forward to TWRP with working decryption ...

Top Liked Posts