• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TWS Bluetooth Pairing Issue on OTA OOS 9.0.0

Search This thread

RoboSheepz

Jan 10, 2019
I paired my Mpow T5 TWS earbuds to my OnePlus 5 before upgrading to the latest OTA update from OnePlus - Oxygen OS 9.0.0, and unpaired them after the update. They worked all fine with Bluetooth 5 and Qualcomm AptX in the last Android 8 OTA.

Now they do not function properly at all.

As for troubleshooting, I have tried forgetting the device, resetting the earbuds' pairing history, clearing phone cache, clearing Bluetooth cache, and resetting network settings multiple times.

Everytime I reset all these, the earbud says successfully paired, but the popup for the second never appears. Then, the single earbud is listed under connected Bluetooth devices, until the page is reloaded, then it disappears. The earbuds lights flash in sync, meaning they are paired to eachother at least. After that, the previously connected devices page remains empty, yet the media output shows the left earbud or right (depending on which I attempted to pair first) twice.
:confused:

Any suggestions for how I can pair the earbuds? Thanks for reading! My post on the OnePlus forums received no replies, but I'm confident you guys are a better community. :good:

A relevant screenshot:
//imgurcom/a/KJQQfrm

RoboSheepz

Jan 10, 2019
My issue was solved by a OnePlus software update a few months after the post. I just never got around to updating this post.