U-Disco - Entertaining Lights in the Illumination Bar - now also for SP

Search This thread

rundgong

Jun 12, 2012
I have added support for Xperia SP to U-Disco so I figured I will mention that in here too.
The original thread is over in the Xperia U forum http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1970167

It will give you different light patterns in the illumination bar.
Some of them require music to work, other will light up anyway.

It only works on Xperia U, Xperia P or Xperia SP, and it also requires ROOT to get individual access to the LEDs.

Get the free version here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rundgong.udisco

The pro version has more colors and can run in the background. Otherwise they are the same.
Get the pro version here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rundgong.udiscopro

I have not tried it on SP myself but let me know if you find any bugs. I'll try to fix them.

Thanks to @DooMLoRD for describing the leds in another thread, and @sagar29 for testing it on SP

karma123

Mar 16, 2012
It works in my sp and it looks amazing thanks

Enviado desde mi C5303 usando Tapatalk

rundgong

Jun 12, 2012
I made an update with tweaks to the leds on SP.
Hopefully it will make the lights a bit more smooth.

Let me know if you think it is better or worse.

Version 1.6 is out on google play now.

Reactions: kamistral

kamistral

Sep 18, 2009
nikolaus.xyz
I made an update with tweaks to the leds on SP.
Version 1.6 is out on google play now.

Hi, leds on SP are surely better supported now: the "preview" during choosing the color works now, and I guess it starts for example the strobe a bit faster (still over 1 second delay after setting the color).
Rainbow and others where we can't choose a color are running instantly.

Midgardsormur

Nov 3, 2010
Baku
Hi! Thanks for the great app. There's an issue though. Just copying my own review from Play Market:
Doesn't work in Walkman with headphones plugged in. If you plug out the headphones and then plug them in again, LEDs begin to flash until a song changes. Would be great if you could fix the bug. Best regards.
I have the latest firmware installed (254); no sound mods. Tried to soft/hard reset the phone also, but that hasn't changed anything. Discolight by Sagar Kar has no such issue (but seems a bit buggy in general, that's why I'd like this app to be fully-functional). Can anyone confirm the bug? Or that's me who's so «lucky»?

rundgong

Jun 12, 2012
Hi! Thanks for the great app. There's an issue though. Just copying my own review from Play Market:

I have the latest firmware installed (254); no sound mods. Tried to soft/hard reset the phone also, but that hasn't changed anything. Discolight by Sagar Kar has no such issue (but seems a bit buggy in general, that's why I'd like this app to be fully-functional). Can anyone confirm the bug? Or that's me who's so «lucky»?

I don't see that behavior. But there will be strange effects if both the walkman app and this app writes to the LEDs at the same time.
There may be flickering and maybe odd colors as well. Otherwise I think it works.

Midgardsormur

Nov 3, 2010
Baku
I don't see that behavior. But there will be strange effects if both the walkman app and this app writes to the LEDs at the same time.
There may be flickering and maybe odd colors as well. Otherwise I think it works.

Thanks for replying!
OK, I got it. Today I had reinstalled FW from SUS with full wipes, then installed ES Explorer and U-Disco. As a last step I disabled "Music beat light effect". The general order of actions is following: 1. I launch U-Disco, choose a Coloured beat with any colour, and Speakers as an Audio source; 2. I launch Walkman and play any song – LEDs are flashing; 3. I stop the playback in Walkman and open any other song in ES Explorer – it works as well; 4. I stop the song and quit U-Disco, plug in headphones, then repeat the first step; 5. I launch Walkman and play any song – nothing happens; 6. I switch to ES Explorer and try my luck there – no success; 7. Then I return to Walkman, start playback and then plug the headphones out – LEDs still aren't flashing; 8. I simply switch to any other song inside Walkman and voila! Everything works as a charm again even after plugging the headphones back in! 9. But when I switch the song once more with the hp's inserted – LEDs flicker several times and die out. I've tried any possible variations, different headphones. Tried to reset the phone after installing and so on – nope.
What can be the reason of such a behaviour? Something is obviously not working as it should (quite possibly it's my phone) if you experience no such issue, but what? I would be endlessly thankful for any ideas or suggestions.

rundgong

Jun 12, 2012
Thanks for replying!
OK, I got it. Today I had reinstalled FW from SUS with full wipes, then installed ES Explorer and U-Disco. As a last step I disabled "Music beat light effect". The general order of actions is following: 1. I launch U-Disco, choose a Coloured beat with any colour, and Speakers as an Audio source; 2. I launch Walkman and play any song – LEDs are flashing; 3. I stop the playback in Walkman and open any other song in ES Explorer – it works as well; 4. I stop the song and quit U-Disco, plug in headphones, then repeat the first step; 5. I launch Walkman and play any song – nothing happens; 6. I switch to ES Explorer and try my luck there – no success; 7. Then I return to Walkman, start playback and then plug the headphones out – LEDs still aren't flashing; 8. I simply switch to any other song inside Walkman and voila! Everything works as a charm again even after plugging the headphones back in! 9. But when I switch the song once more with the hp's inserted – LEDs flicker several times and die out. I've tried any possible variations, different headphones. Tried to reset the phone after installing and so on – nope.
What can be the reason of such a behaviour? Something is obviously not working as it should (quite possibly it's my phone) if you experience no such issue, but what? I would be endlessly thankful for any ideas or suggestions.

Good description. Now I can reproduce it also.
I have no idea why it behaves like that though. It's not like that on Xperia U.
It might be a bug in the audio framework, but I really don't know.

rundgong

Jun 12, 2012
Version 1.7 is out.

It adds some effects that use the camera flash instead of the illumination bar.
Using the camera flash does not require root, and it will also work on most other devices as well.

The new effects are are a flash strobe light and also lighting the flash according to the beat of the music.

Reactions: rogermontane

LIONS1

Dec 24, 2011
Tartous
Would you please add the features Wich are in discolight app like music pulse & random pulse color?

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
Good description. Now I can reproduce it also.
I have no idea why it behaves like that though. It's not like that on Xperia U.
It might be a bug in the audio framework, but I really don't know.

It seems like the LEDS only work when music goes out throught internal speaker. When you have Headphones or bluetooth speaker connected, no LED will light up. With and Without U-disco

Top Liked Posts