[U/U1][02/2021][FUA1]Note 9 Official Firmware and Guide to Convert to USA Unlocked

Search This thread

CW_texashack

Aug 13, 2017
USA
[Updated][ETH1]

If you only want the firmware and know what you're doing, then links will be at bottom.

If possible, Use the original charging cable that came with your phone, as sometimes there can be errors if you use an aftermarket cable.

If you don't know how to flash or convert from U to U1, read on.

As a precaution, I recommend removing your SIM card and SD card before flashing!

THIS WILL RESET YOUR PHONE!

Firstly, Download the modified Odin below as well as the firmware.

Step 1. Ensure that you have the Samsung drivers for mobile devices installed (which will also be linked below.)

Step 2.Extract the Firmware Zip that you downloaded, Open the modified Odin and click on the BL box, Then select the corresponding BL file.
Click the AP box and select the AP file, Do the same with the CP and CSC files by putting the matching file name into the corresponding boxes.

Step 3.Ensure USB Debugging is enabled and then shut down the phone. Then hold (In this order) Volume Down, Bixby, and Power button until you get to the Download mode warning screen.
Press the Volume Up button.

Step 4. Plug in the phone, and check Odin to ensure you see a blue box that says COM (also has a number at the end)

Step 5.Press Start in Odin and wait till you see pass, if it says PASS, The flash was successful and within about 10 minutes your phone will boot into the welcome screen.

If you are converting from the U firmware to the U1 firmware then you will have no carrier bloatware should have better performance and possibly better battery life as well.

Download Links!
Updated [2/24/2021]

Android 10 (N960U1UES7FUA1):

For people who want the revision 5 firmware for root:
Android 10 (N960U1UES5FTK1):

Patched Odin: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397959512

Samsung driver for mobile phones: https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy/others/android-usb-driver-for-windows

Last edited:

stevcevel

Jun 16, 2014
Flas info

Firstly I was on "U1..ARL1" then passed to "U CSAA" ( different than U1) and now I'm running latest N960USQS1CSD1 but my phone is bit laggy and still got the lags/stutters from lock screen when I slide quick menu and animations....Now I want to try itself U1 firmware and I hope all laggy and stutter will gone!
Do I need to roll back to ARL1 then flash CSD1 or I can do that directly?
Thanks

stevcevel

Jun 16, 2014
Flashed without problem but still got the lag when change the wallpaper :crying: If its infinity wallpaper there is no lag, but if I change the laggs/stutter starts.....What I supposed to do? Anyone? Also there is a lag on animations....
I flashed too many times and different firmwares and no luck...

CW_texashack

Aug 13, 2017
USA
in step 2 you say "Open the modified Odin and click on the BL box, Then select the corresponding BL file.
Click the AP box and select the AP file, Do the same with the CP and CSC files by putting the matching file name into the corresponding boxes."

Yet you only provided the ROM file. Where does the ROM file go and are there other files to flash that go in the CSC, CP BL and AP boxes?

Did you extract the zip? All of the files should be inside the zip.
I'll redownload them to check and make sure.

CW_texashack

Aug 13, 2017
USA
i have not finished downloading the rom file, i did not know the files were zipped inside, i think it would help if you mentioned this as i was ust going to flash the file whole as i downloaded it.

they are most likley there, i did not know to unzip the archive. So this will work on a locked us variant?

Yes it will work on any USA Note 9.
Thank you for bringing that to attention, I will update the thread, I apologize for the confusion.

stevcevel

Jun 16, 2014
Do you have lags/stutters on this firmware? (Especially on lock screen with none infinity wallpaper
when swiping down quick panel?)

m.heydari2016

Aug 30, 2013
Hey Guys, I just got note 9 N960U1. sth is bothering me that i dont have delivery option and some other options like call recording. which version should i flash on mine to get those?

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Hey Guys, I just got note 9 N960U1. sth is bothering me that i dont have delivery option and some other options like call recording. which version should i flash on mine to get those?

Call recording is only available on certain international firmware. It's a CSC feature that isn't available on the U.S. firmware. If you have root you can add the call recording feature to your CSC and that will be the only way to get call recording unless you find the specific international firmware that has it enabled but that firmware may not be best suited for your carrier/region. Also, enabling call recording will replace the call waiting & "add call" button which will make 3-way calls and ability to answer call waiting a problem. For this reason I always chose to not enable call recording. However, with root you can change csc anytime you need call recording and revert when you no longer need it. If I remember correctly, you also have to do a factory reset when adding the call recording in CSC because the csc/settings database is created on first boot only and adding this line in CSC after the phone has already booted and created it's CSC database will not enable call recording. It must be done on a fresh boot after a wipe/restore. I wanted to give you a heads up based on my experience so you know what to expect. Root is going to be mandatory unless you find the international firmware (rare) that has call recording enabled from Samsung.

h4h3hj

May 20, 2019
Hi,
Here is my note 9 info (8.1.) from AT&T carrier, but I am not living in US.
- Model: SM-N960U
- Firmware: PDA version: N960USQU1ARH2 / CSC version: N960UOYN1ARH2
- Actice CSC code: XAA
- Service Provider:
SAOMC_SM-N960U_OYN_XAA_OO_0007
XAA/XAA/ATT

So can I use the firmware N960U1UES1CSD1 which is uploaded in this thread to flash my phone into 960U1 ?
Or should I use the firmware N960U1UES1CSD1 which is specified for XAA ?
(en.android4mea. com/firmware/galaxy-note-9-sm-n960u1/sm-n960u1/download-firmware-n960u1ues1csd1-galaxy-note-9-sm-n960u1-sm-n960u1-android-9-n-a-xaa.html)

Sorry as I have to modify the link since I am new and unable to comment outside URL after 10 posts.

m.heydari2016

Aug 30, 2013
Call recording is only available on certain international firmware. It's a CSC feature that isn't available on the U.S. firmware. If you have root you can add the call recording feature to your CSC and that will be the only way to get call recording unless you find the specific international firmware that has it enabled but that firmware may not be best suited for your carrier/region. Also, enabling call recording will replace the call waiting & "add call" button which will make 3-way calls and ability to answer call waiting a problem. For this reason I always chose to not enable call recording. However, with root you can change csc anytime you need call recording and revert when you no longer need it. If I remember correctly, you also have to do a factory reset when adding the call recording in CSC because the csc/settings database is created on first boot only and adding this line in CSC after the phone has already booted and created it's CSC database will not enable call recording. It must be done on a fresh boot after a wipe/restore. I wanted to give you a heads up based on my experience so you know what to expect. Root is going to be mandatory unless you find the international firmware (rare) that has call recording enabled from Samsung.
thx mate for complete explanation, for delivery report option is it the same? and one more thing i have snapdragon version , and root is not an option for us, yet.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Hi,
Here is my note 9 info (8.1.) from AT&T carrier, but I am not living in US.
- Model: SM-N960U
- Firmware: PDA version: N960USQU1ARH2 / CSC version: N960UOYN1ARH2
- Actice CSC code: XAA
- Service Provider:
SAOMC_SM-N960U_OYN_XAA_OO_0007
XAA/XAA/ATT

So can I use the firmware N960U1UES1CSD1 which is uploaded in this thread to flash my phone into 960U1 ?
Or should I use the firmware N960U1UES1CSD1 which is specified for XAA ?
(en.android4mea. com/firmware/galaxy-note-9-sm-n960u1/sm-n960u1/download-firmware-n960u1ues1csd1-galaxy-note-9-sm-n960u1-sm-n960u1-android-9-n-a-xaa.html)

Sorry as I have to modify the link since I am new and unable to comment outside URL after 10 posts.
As far as i know u can flash any firmware related to N960U, N960U1 and even N960W.
for specific carriers after flash u will have their bloatwares .

Reactions: h4h3hj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Updated][ETH1]

If you only want the firmware and know what you're doing, then links will be at bottom.

If possible, Use the original charging cable that came with your phone, as sometimes there can be errors if you use an aftermarket cable.

If you don't know how to flash or convert from U to U1, read on.

As a precaution, I recommend removing your SIM card and SD card before flashing!

THIS WILL RESET YOUR PHONE!

Firstly, Download the modified Odin below as well as the firmware.

Step 1. Ensure that you have the Samsung drivers for mobile devices installed (which will also be linked below.)

Step 2.Extract the Firmware Zip that you downloaded, Open the modified Odin and click on the BL box, Then select the corresponding BL file.
    Click the AP box and select the AP file, Do the same with the CP and CSC files by putting the matching file name into the corresponding boxes.

Step 3.Ensure USB Debugging is enabled and then shut down the phone. Then hold (In this order) Volume Down, Bixby, and Power button until you get to the Download mode warning screen.
    Press the Volume Up button.

Step 4. Plug in the phone, and check Odin to ensure you see a blue box that says COM (also has a number at the end)

Step 5.Press Start in Odin and wait till you see pass, if it says PASS, The flash was successful and within about 10 minutes your phone will boot into the welcome screen.

If you are converting from the U firmware to the U1 firmware then you will have no carrier bloatware should have better performance and possibly better battery life as well.

Download Links!
    Updated [2/24/2021]

Android 10 (N960U1UES7FUA1):

For people who want the revision 5 firmware for root:
    Android 10 (N960U1UES5FTK1):

Patched Odin: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397959512

Samsung driver for mobile phones: https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy/others/android-usb-driver-for-windows
    Please provide more information in the OP. What does this actually do and who is it for? I'm looking to unlock my BL, root and flash a ROM. I'm on T-mobile, I have the SM-N960U 512 GB variant.
    You aren't going to unlock the bootloader on these N960U/U1s. Keep dreaming. This just converts a N960U to an N950U1 ie non carrier firmware without all the bloat, boot logo etc.

If you wanted a phone that your able to unlock the bootloader this was the wrong choice. You should sell your Note 9 and get a One Plus 7 Pro or similar that allows the bootloader to be unlocked.
    It won't flash unless you change the code around...Linux has Magic Powers...I've done it and will not share how...all I can say is this is an opportunity to to learn some coding but that depends on how curious you are

So your saying that the bootloader can be downgraded?
    and i can fly.

for 1 second.

that might be a csc thing but have you checked:

I asked Samsung, its a technical issue related to Nuance Communications Inc. that provide languages data for Samsung Keyboard, and not related to the firmware and affected a lot of devices. Issue was resolved by Samsung yesterday.
    Thanks