Huge thanks to @geekmaster21 for making this a reality

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Disclaimer:
- I do not claim this work as my own, this thread was created to have an XDA thread for A52 OrangeFox Recovery. I will try my best to keep it up to date with @geekmaster21 's work, but can't promise that will remain for ever. If you want the latest OrangeFox Recovery and to be notified as soon as its published, be sure to join the Telegram channel.
- I am not responsible about any damage of any kind that this custom binary may cause.
- Please read the whole main post & related ones before proceed and follow the guide as it is wrote. I will not offer support for any issues that have been already stated.
- Your Knox Warranty Bit will be blown once you flash this or others custom binaries, preventing you to use Knox Features. It can't be reset in any way, so think twice before flashing this.
- Bugs can be reported here in XDA or via our Telegram Group. Please be more clear as possible and make sure you provide detailed info when reporting bugs (device variant and logcat).

How to Install:
First, you need to unlock the bootloader. Here's how to do it:
  1. - Backup all media before proceeding, this will erase everything in your internal storage including music and photos
  2. - Go to developer settings and enable [OEM Unlock]
  3. - Reboot to download mode
  4. - When prompted, press and hold VOL + to enter bootloader unlock mode
  5. - Press VOL + to confirm you want to unlock bootloader, this will wipe your data
  6. - If you think the bootloader is fully unlocked, it is actually not! Samsung introduced VaultKeeper, meaning the bootloader will still reject any unofficial partitions before VaultKeeper explicitly allows it.
  7. - Go through the initial setup. Skip through all the steps since data will be wiped again later when we flash OrangeFox and magisk
  8. - Enable developer options, and confirm that the OEM unlocking option exists and is grayed out. This means the VaultKeeper service has unleashed the bootloader. This step is MANDATORY
  9. - Your bootloader now accepts unofficial images in download mode.

After finally unlocking the bootloader, proceed with installing OrangeFox Recovery(tar) with Odin:
  1. - Boot to download mode and load VBMeta disabler tar file in AP of Odin
  2. - Disable [Auto Reboot] in Odin
  3. - Flash
  4. - Force a reboot by pressing VOL - and POWER buttons at the same time
  5. - After the screen goes black, IMMEDIATELY let go of all buttons and IMMEDIATELY press and hold VOL+ and VOL - button at the same time to boot to download mode again
  6. - Now, add OrangeFox tar in AP of Odin
  7. - Disable [Auto Reboot] in Odin
  8. - Flash
  9. - Force a reboot by pressing VOL - and POWER buttons at the same time
  10. - After the screen goes black, IMMEDIATELY let go of all buttons and IMMEDIATELY press and hold VOL+ and POWER button at the same time to boot to OrangeFox Recovery
  11. - After booting to recovery successfully, go to WIPE in OrangeFox
  12. - You should see an option to FORMAT DATA. After you select it, you will be asked to type "yes" in your keyboard. If you do not see this, you probably selected the wrong option.
  13. - After formatting data, flash the Multidisabler zip with OrangeFox. This is done to avoid future bootloops.
  14. (Optional) Flash magisk.zip to root (google where to find it)
  15. - Reboot to system
  16. - Wait patiently for the device to boot for the first time

How to flash OrangeFox Recovery (img) or (zip):
  1. - Reboot to recovery
  2. - Select Install
  3. - Select Install Image or zip and search for the OrangeFox Recovery img or zip file
  4. - Flash as recovery
  5. - Reboot to recovery
  6. - Done

Downloads:
Android 12 versions

Linked REMOVED (Outdated, use official sources instead)

Android 11 versions

Source Code: https://github.com/geekmaster21/a52q
Source Code: https://gitlab.com/OrangeFox

Credits:
- Samsung for kernel source code
- OrangeFox team for their awesome recovery
- @geekmaster21 for compiling, updating and maintaining OrangeFox for A52

Attachments

• photo_2021-05-05_08-39-51.jpg
    photo_2021-05-05_08-39-51.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 543
  • photo_2021-05-05_08-40-02.jpg
    photo_2021-05-05_08-40-02.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 517
  • photo_2021-05-05_08-40-07.jpg
    photo_2021-05-05_08-40-07.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 570
  • photo_2021-05-05_08-39-35.jpg
    photo_2021-05-05_08-39-35.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 545
  • photo_2021-05-05_08-39-48.jpg
    photo_2021-05-05_08-39-48.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 530
  • photo_2021-05-05_08-39-54.jpg
    photo_2021-05-05_08-39-54.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 421
  • photo_2021-05-05_08-39-57.jpg
    photo_2021-05-05_08-39-57.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 412
  • photo_2021-05-05_08-39-59.jpg
    photo_2021-05-05_08-39-59.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 398
  • photo_2021-05-05_08-40-05.jpg
    photo_2021-05-05_08-40-05.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 486
Last edited:

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Join our A52 Telegram group

Code:
Check out the latest projects on our Telegram, where we share our advancement on new things and try to help as best as we can.
For anything already released, please ask here in XDA

Link: Telegram Group

Join our Spanish General Android Telegram group

Code:
Grupo para los que hablamos español en donde discutimos Android en general /// Group made for Spanish speakers to discuss Android in general

redymedan

Please report any bugs here. As of now, I've only tested with "M" variant (which should really have no difference to "F" variant) and I successfully backed up, wiped, and restored.
I have tested first released and it booted to system ( stock rom + GSI ). Kakarot kernel by @neel0210 make it stabled in GSIs. But MTP does not work, It will be better if you can fix MTP for first released. Rooted stock rom + fix safetynet API net error + bypass safetynet.

Last edited:

2faraway2

Apr 24, 2016
Silly question: Are OTA-updates (in stock rom) still possible after unlocking the bootloader ?

SRooks1976

Nov 27, 2016
GB
meettomy.site
I've tried many of times to install this recovery in my A52 running latest VB3 and every time its stuck in a loop at splash screen.

While TWRP is working fine, but TWRP does not support OTA updates.

Any solution????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OrangeFox Recovery Project
    1620220796481.png

Huge thanks to @geekmaster21 for making this a reality

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Disclaimer:
    - I do not claim this work as my own, this thread was created to have an XDA thread for A52 OrangeFox Recovery. I will try my best to keep it up to date with @geekmaster21 's work, but can't promise that will remain for ever. If you want the latest OrangeFox Recovery and to be notified as soon as its published, be sure to join the Telegram channel.
    - I am not responsible about any damage of any kind that this custom binary may cause.
    - Please read the whole main post & related ones before proceed and follow the guide as it is wrote. I will not offer support for any issues that have been already stated.
    - Your Knox Warranty Bit will be blown once you flash this or others custom binaries, preventing you to use Knox Features. It can't be reset in any way, so think twice before flashing this.
    - Bugs can be reported here in XDA or via our Telegram Group. Please be more clear as possible and make sure you provide detailed info when reporting bugs (device variant and logcat).

How to Install:
    First, you need to unlock the bootloader. Here's how to do it:
    1. - Backup all media before proceeding, this will erase everything in your internal storage including music and photos
    2. - Go to developer settings and enable [OEM Unlock]
    3. - Reboot to download mode
    4. - When prompted, press and hold VOL + to enter bootloader unlock mode
    5. - Press VOL + to confirm you want to unlock bootloader, this will wipe your data
    6. - If you think the bootloader is fully unlocked, it is actually not! Samsung introduced VaultKeeper, meaning the bootloader will still reject any unofficial partitions before VaultKeeper explicitly allows it.
    7. - Go through the initial setup. Skip through all the steps since data will be wiped again later when we flash OrangeFox and magisk
    8. - Enable developer options, and confirm that the OEM unlocking option exists and is grayed out. This means the VaultKeeper service has unleashed the bootloader. This step is MANDATORY
    9. - Your bootloader now accepts unofficial images in download mode.

After finally unlocking the bootloader, proceed with installing OrangeFox Recovery(tar) with Odin:
    1. - Boot to download mode and load VBMeta disabler tar file in AP of Odin
    2. - Disable [Auto Reboot] in Odin
    3. - Flash
    4. - Force a reboot by pressing VOL - and POWER buttons at the same time
    5. - After the screen goes black, IMMEDIATELY let go of all buttons and IMMEDIATELY press and hold VOL+ and VOL - button at the same time to boot to download mode again
    6. - Now, add OrangeFox tar in AP of Odin
    7. - Disable [Auto Reboot] in Odin
    8. - Flash
    9. - Force a reboot by pressing VOL - and POWER buttons at the same time
    10. - After the screen goes black, IMMEDIATELY let go of all buttons and IMMEDIATELY press and hold VOL+ and POWER button at the same time to boot to OrangeFox Recovery
    11. - After booting to recovery successfully, go to WIPE in OrangeFox
    12. - You should see an option to FORMAT DATA. After you select it, you will be asked to type "yes" in your keyboard. If you do not see this, you probably selected the wrong option.
    13. - After formatting data, flash the Multidisabler zip with OrangeFox. This is done to avoid future bootloops.
    14. (Optional) Flash magisk.zip to root (google where to find it)
    15. - Reboot to system
    16. - Wait patiently for the device to boot for the first time

How to flash OrangeFox Recovery (img) or (zip):
    1. - Reboot to recovery
    2. - Select Install
    3. - Select Install Image or zip and search for the OrangeFox Recovery img or zip file
    4. - Flash as recovery
    5. - Reboot to recovery
    6. - Done

Downloads:
    Android 12 versions

Linked REMOVED (Outdated, use official sources instead)

Android 11 versions

Source Code: https://github.com/geekmaster21/a52q
    Source Code: https://gitlab.com/OrangeFox

Credits:
    - Samsung for kernel source code
    - OrangeFox team for their awesome recovery
    - @geekmaster21 for compiling, updating and maintaining OrangeFox for A52
    Please report any bugs here. As of now, I've only tested with "M" variant (which should really have no difference to "F" variant) and I successfully backed up, wiped, and restored.
    I have tested first released and it booted to system ( stock rom + GSI ). Kakarot kernel by @neel0210 make it stabled in GSIs. But MTP does not work, It will be better if you can fix MTP for first released. Rooted stock rom + fix safetynet API net error + bypass safetynet.

Please start custom ROM for this awesome device (Galaxy A52).
    Join our A52 Telegram group

Code:
    Check out the latest projects on our Telegram, where we share our advancement on new things and try to help as best as we can.
    For anything already released, please ask here in XDA

Link: Telegram Group

Join our Spanish General Android Telegram group

Code:
    Grupo para los que hablamos español en donde discutimos Android en general /// Group made for Spanish speakers to discuss Android in general

Update 11.1_2:

Use this version for Android 12 ROMs. Installation method is exactly the same.

Downloads:
    OrangeFox Img
    OrangeFox Tar