• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

u18 android smart watch

Search This thread

kctx7

Jun 5, 2011

I gave instructions a little while back here how someone could bring up their own private wifi network with 120.25.243.229 as the address of a web server and place all of the files there.

Hopefully the USMART app would be fooled into loading the local copy, and not time out like it does with the mfr's crappy server.

Anyone willing to try it?

mforce2

Feb 14, 2009
I gave instructions a little while back here how someone could bring up their own private wifi network with 120.25.243.229 as the address of a web server and place all of the files there.

Hopefully the USMART app would be fooled into loading the local copy, and not time out like it does with the mfr's crappy server.

Anyone willing to try it?

I'm not sure. I guess I'd just try to see how the app does the update and then just give that command via adb or something. Alternatively the app could be modified to get the server ( and path ) as a param but I don't even have the watch yet ( I'm still thinking if I'm going to buy it or not ).

edjeed

Jun 16, 2006
Ok, updated from V2.2 to V2.5 and replaced the recovery with TWRP, after that rooted (with SU) successfully and removed the Kingroot stuff.
I've updated by placing the files on a raspberry pi, created a server on port 80. On my phone I used iptables (root) to reroute all outgoing requests to my raspberry pi. @kctx7 Thanks for the contents of the json files

Last edited:

kctx7

Jun 5, 2011
Ok, updated from V2.2 to V5.5 and replaced the recovery with TWRP, after that rooted (with SU) successfully and removed the Kingroot stuff.
I've updated by placing the files on a raspberry pi, created a server on port 80. On my phone I used iptables (root) to reroute all outgoing requests to my raspberry pi. @kctx7 Thanks for the contents of the json files

Nice!

BBoyLofn

Jan 21, 2015
Moscow
update

I try but dont work, say: cant install, i have a galaxy S5 with cm13

Hi
My name is Alexander
I can not update the version 2.2 to version 2.5 through the program Usmart v1.4 (when trying to update error "check update error")

tell firmware version 2.5 agreed with the clock problem? (On my U18 time shows an hour more), and the problem with switching the music on your phone

rethys

Jul 5, 2011
Williston Park, NY
A few days later.

Everyone, there is a rar file that will allow you to flash the watch from v2.1 directly to v2.5. the link is http://uwatchsz.cn/u18/U18_software_updating_bit32.rar. I got an error with Firefox, but Chrome downloaded it immediately without problems. If it doesn't work, try https at the beginning, but I don't believe that is necessary. Unzip the rar, and there are directions in the usual choppy english translation of Chinese, but they aren't hard to figure out. I did it and the watch seems light years better. My Bluetooth connection is holding, the notifications are coming through and I can answer calls easily. Good luck all. I only did it about an hour ago, and time will tell, but its a heads and shoulders improvement already.

So I've used the watch with the updated firmware for a few days now and the big issue is that the various profiles time out unpredictably. Sometimes I get SMS pushes, but no phone transfers. Others Gmail notifications come across but not SMS. I've had the phone ring and the watch seems to be receiving the call, but I can't answer from the watch. Very frustrating. I think its a problem both with the bluetooth clocking out and a buggy driver. Can the driver be replaced on the watch with one from a phone using the same chip? Anyone have any other ideas?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDukeFr

TheDukeFr

Oct 17, 2009
Hello,
I got this watch 2 days ago ( in 2.1 but now 2.5 thanks rethys :) ), rooted with kingroot (windows), playstore installed (thanks a youtube video from this post) but i have littles problems:
-i can't use the bluetooth tethering to get internet from my phone (i have tested with 2 phones and they work with themselfs but not the smartwatch), do you know to make it work?
-the watch have gps but i cant got any satellites from gps test apps
-bt and wifi have very short range (may be 2 meters max)
Do you have solutions?
Thanks

TheDukeFr

Oct 17, 2009
Hello i have found the solutions myself , it can be helpfull to others so :
short wifi/bt and no gps : i have opened the watch and it was an hardware problem, the wire antenna connector wasnt soldered so i soldered one wire to link with the strap antenna and now i see lot of wifi networks with full power, the bt have decent range and the gps see satelites (but as very little solder i don't know if it will last )
for the bt tetering , i have installed on the watch bluetooth auto connect frop the app store and i have set the pan profile for the phone , ns activated the bt sharing from the phoe and now it work :)

Fabri1996

Feb 22, 2016
Hello i have found the solutions myself , it can be helpfull to others so :
short wifi/bt and no gps : i have opened the watch and it was an hardware problem, the wire antenna connector wasnt soldered so i soldered one wire to link with the strap antenna and now i see lot of wifi networks with full power, the bt have decent range and the gps see satelites (but as very little solder i don't know if it will last )
for the bt tetering , i have installed on the watch bluetooth auto connect frop the app store and i have set the pan profile for the phone , ns activated the bt sharing from the phoe and now it work :)

Can you upload pictures, becouse i need to see what have to solder

Sorry for my english, i am from argentina

TheDukeFr

Oct 17, 2009

Hello,
Be sure to have enough solder skills as it's a very little solder and DON'T touch at the small resistor at the bottom of the circle with solder iron tip (because it can be accidentaly unsoldered an broke :( )
Try repair at your own risk
On the picture you can see a red circle it's where the center of the antenna connector is soldered (if i'm not wrong, i have tested with a multimeter in resistor mode on the stock unsoldered antenna and only the center were connected to the strap antenna) and it's here (the little square ) where i have soldered a tinny wire to connect to the strap antenna and it gave me good bt/wifi/gps signal :)

Reactions: Fabri1996

Fabri1996

Feb 22, 2016
I thing that is good if somebody port ele watch android wear for the u18, they have the same memory ram, and they have procesador mediatek, is a good idea, no?

Fabri1996

Feb 22, 2016
No? Sure? I see photos of the display in recovery mode, in the page 10 of this thread, some way must be

I try to write the better that i can do in english, sorry

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I try to make it compatible with the app and also android wear
    wtf?! 2-3 hours? I didn't expect that with an official OTA update... Has there be any warning during the installation, that it will last that long? Otherwise it doesn't seem right. Have you tried a factory reset in the recovery and run the update again?
    Before you start any further experiments be sure you want to keep the watch. You didn't root or flash custom roms yet, so you still have warranty and could give it back.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

If you still want to root and install playstore on your watch, maybe this video might help you. It is not exactly your watch, but since you don't have to flash anything it might work for your device to.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAsO2hfAcn0
    Notice: I don't take any responsibility if you brick your watch!
    Trying to apply U18_V2.4.zip

I'm in the same boat as others... hoping to try out the U18 V2.4 update, but the OTA update always fails.

I have accomplished getting the V1.4 phone app installed and working. It failed to download for me, like some others have reported, but I was able to extract the APK from the U18_V2.4.zip file, and sideloaded U18_V2.4/SYSTEM/data/usmart.apk from the zip file onto my phone.

Now, here's some more clues on the failure of the OTA update on the watch. Look at /sdcard/logs/recovery/20150820_171751.log...

Here's an excerpt:

----------------------------------------------------------
    update_package = /sdcard/USMART/update//U18_V2.4.zip
    I:Finding update package...
    I:Update location: /sdcard/USMART/update//U18_V2.4.zip
    I:eek:pening update package...
    Installing update...
    The update.zip is corrupted
    Installation aborted.
    write result : MOTA_RESULT_FILE
    write result : remove_mota_file
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Looking for the strings "The update.zip is corrupted" and "write result : MOTA_RESULT_FILE" leads me to this webpage with the source of our recovery.c....

on github: andr3jx MTK6577 blob master bootable recovery recovery.c

Sorry I can't post a proper URL yet.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Having read some more source code on github, one reason why "The update.zip is corrupted" would end up in the log is that the file is improperly signed. Ugh. This may be a dead end until the manufacturer fixes the "corrupt" update.
    The web address for the update server...

I still can't post an URL, but point your browser to 120.25.243.229 slash u18.

This is where the phone app looks for updates!

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

I believe this is the manufacturer's website: www wtech cc slash Bluetooth-Smart-Watch_c34.html

Hello,
    Be sure to have enough solder skills as it's a very little solder and DON'T touch at the small resistor at the bottom of the circle with solder iron tip (because it can be accidentaly unsoldered an broke :( )
    Try repair at your own risk
    On the picture you can see a red circle it's where the center of the antenna connector is soldered (if i'm not wrong, i have tested with a multimeter in resistor mode on the stock unsoldered antenna and only the center were connected to the strap antenna) and it's here (the little square ) where i have soldered a tinny wire to connect to the strap antenna and it gave me good bt/wifi/gps signal :)