• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

u18 android smart watch

Search This thread

gigiouno

Apr 7, 2016
Oleggio
Ciao!

Hello to all.
I'm new here. I read all the pages of this forum on U18 and I have a lot of confusion in my head ...
My watch works well, I have U18_V2.1 version.
I have two problems:

1) If I put images to use as background in clock, he clears after a few moments
I am forced to install v2.5?

2) I would like to install the new watch face
does anyone know how to do?

I apologize for my bad English.

Luigi

edjeed

Jun 16, 2006
I do not have time for a couple of days to open my watch again, if someone posts some pictures of the pcb, I can have a quick look....

rethys

Jul 5, 2011
Williston Park, NY
I could make it work but there is no way to reboot this watch to recovery so I have basicly one shot.
The watch can be rebooted to recovery easily using adb from your windows computer. I have the watch rooted and twrp recovery installed.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

hello everyone how are you
i have a q dose anyone have mods or root or anything for the smart watch u18 it have android 4.4 but not pure android it dose not have playstore but it can install some app via aptoid but it can not install playstore or watch faces
so any help installing play store or enableing installing watch faces will be great
thanks in advance
Read earlier posts. Root using King root on a PC, install twrp using magic twrp and install gapps for 4.4 through recovery. It works. I have it on my u18 with 2.5 firmware.

edjeed

Jun 16, 2006
The watch can be rebooted to recovery easily using adb from your windows computer. I have the watch rooted and twrp recovery installed.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Read earlier posts. Root using King root on a PC, install twrp using magic twrp and install gapps for 4.4 through recovery. It works. I have it on my u18 with 2.5 firmware.
If the watch has a boot failure, the device will not be accessible through ADB.
Hardware buttons are needed to trigger the bootloader before booting into Android.

Wrathlon

May 15, 2009
Can someone who owns this watch confirm for me if this has an NFC chip or not? I can't find a straight answer anywhere on the internet - most places seem to list NFC in it's specs but then others say no and it's a deal breaker for me and I don't want to spend $100+ AUD to find out for myself.

rethys

Jul 5, 2011
Williston Park, NY
Can someone who owns this watch confirm for me if this has an NFC chip or not? I can't find a straight answer anywhere on the internet - most places seem to list NFC in it's specs but then others say no and it's a deal breaker for me and I don't want to spend $100+ AUD to find out for myself.
There are contacts on the mainboard labeled NFC, but I've not had the opportunity to try it out.

edjeed

Jun 16, 2006
A test point named KCOL0 is under the battery next to a gnd testpoint, there is a flashtool available using this point to flash the watch!!! See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_sIw02XcRw for an example....
I've removed the antenna connector and stripped the antenna wire to solder it to the mainboard, now my wifi and bluetooth signals are good.

edjeed

Jun 16, 2006
Remove the connector from the cable and the pcb, strip the cable and solder the inner wire of the cable to the small pad in the middle (connected to a small resistor), solder the shielding of the cable to one the the big pads.

TheDukeFr

Oct 17, 2009
I sold it too but signal is poor... can you explain me how do you sold it?
Hello,
Check what i have posted before:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66193199&postcount=156
i hope it can help you
The cons i found to this watch (with the lack of the android app and playstore , but it can be installed with root) it s the batery life if i compare to my old u8 smartwatch and if i shut her down at 50% when i power her on it say 1% left :(

kctx7

Jun 5, 2011
I waited all these years, and, having upgraded to V2.5 back then, I find that kingroot cannot seem to root my watch. Anyone had any success doing this?

Update...: I found there was an "su" installed with proper permissions, but running it would always result in "[-] Connection to ui timed out".

Found I needed to install the kingrootuser apk, mentioned here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/general/root-pingpongroot-s6-root-tool-t3103016/page7

And now, I've got root.
\

Last edited:

kctx7

Jun 5, 2011
Universal Launcher makes the U18 worthwhile

After rooting & getting opengapps running, I found "Universal Launcher" on the play store. It lets you use watchfaces from other types of watches and makes the U18 a really nice watch for the price.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I try to make it compatible with the app and also android wear
    wtf?! 2-3 hours? I didn't expect that with an official OTA update... Has there be any warning during the installation, that it will last that long? Otherwise it doesn't seem right. Have you tried a factory reset in the recovery and run the update again?
    Before you start any further experiments be sure you want to keep the watch. You didn't root or flash custom roms yet, so you still have warranty and could give it back.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

If you still want to root and install playstore on your watch, maybe this video might help you. It is not exactly your watch, but since you don't have to flash anything it might work for your device to.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAsO2hfAcn0
    Notice: I don't take any responsibility if you brick your watch!
    Trying to apply U18_V2.4.zip

I'm in the same boat as others... hoping to try out the U18 V2.4 update, but the OTA update always fails.

I have accomplished getting the V1.4 phone app installed and working. It failed to download for me, like some others have reported, but I was able to extract the APK from the U18_V2.4.zip file, and sideloaded U18_V2.4/SYSTEM/data/usmart.apk from the zip file onto my phone.

Now, here's some more clues on the failure of the OTA update on the watch. Look at /sdcard/logs/recovery/20150820_171751.log...

Here's an excerpt:

----------------------------------------------------------
    update_package = /sdcard/USMART/update//U18_V2.4.zip
    I:Finding update package...
    I:Update location: /sdcard/USMART/update//U18_V2.4.zip
    I:eek:pening update package...
    Installing update...
    The update.zip is corrupted
    Installation aborted.
    write result : MOTA_RESULT_FILE
    write result : remove_mota_file
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Looking for the strings "The update.zip is corrupted" and "write result : MOTA_RESULT_FILE" leads me to this webpage with the source of our recovery.c....

on github: andr3jx MTK6577 blob master bootable recovery recovery.c

Sorry I can't post a proper URL yet.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Having read some more source code on github, one reason why "The update.zip is corrupted" would end up in the log is that the file is improperly signed. Ugh. This may be a dead end until the manufacturer fixes the "corrupt" update.
    The web address for the update server...

I still can't post an URL, but point your browser to 120.25.243.229 slash u18.

This is where the phone app looks for updates!

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

I believe this is the manufacturer's website: www wtech cc slash Bluetooth-Smart-Watch_c34.html
    Can you upload pictures, becouse i need to see what have to solder

Sorry for my english, i am from argentina

Hello,
    Be sure to have enough solder skills as it's a very little solder and DON'T touch at the small resistor at the bottom of the circle with solder iron tip (because it can be accidentaly unsoldered an broke :( )
    Try repair at your own risk
    On the picture you can see a red circle it's where the center of the antenna connector is soldered (if i'm not wrong, i have tested with a multimeter in resistor mode on the stock unsoldered antenna and only the center were connected to the strap antenna) and it's here (the little square ) where i have soldered a tinny wire to connect to the strap antenna and it gave me good bt/wifi/gps signal :)