• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[u8800] Official 2.3 overseas original boot.img & recovery.img

Search This thread

Druida69

Sep 2, 2011
thanks for this but it didn't help.

its endless bootlooping.

So not possible to reboot this ****

sport_billy

Jun 23, 2009
It is not something new that you install.
These are the original image files included in the 2.3.5 version, in case someone needs them if flashing went wrong and needs to revert to original files.
You get in recovery mode as usual and replace them.
Recovery mode:
boot phone while holding volume up + volume down + power buttons.
The screen gets pink.
If you connect your phone via usb with your pc then you can access it as a storage device.
There are the files you might want to replace.

boss_y

Jun 27, 2006
There is no final release yet. We will have to wait for that quite a while I think.

Sent from my u8800

dolfius

Dec 2, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I used these recovery files with B138 rom (stupid, i know - long story). Now, i can only get to pink screen state - can't even get to recovery mode. Everytime i switch the phone on, the Huawei logo appears briefly, then just goes off again - even when i try to enter recovery mode.

Will it help if i replace the recovery files with the ones intended for the B138 rom? If so, can anyone perhaps post a link to them?

I REALLY hope i didn't brick my phone! :mad:

entrapmen

Jul 8, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I used these recovery files with B138 rom (stupid, i know - long story). Now, i can only get to pink screen state - can't even get to recovery mode. Everytime i switch the phone on, the Huawei logo appears briefly, then just goes off again - even when i try to enter recovery mode.

Will it help if i replace the recovery files with the ones intended for the B138 rom? If so, can anyone perhaps post a link to them?

I REALLY hope i didn't brick my phone! :mad:

Simply reinstall the rom. Create a dload at your sdcard and you know the rest.

Second option: search forum there were already boot.img recovery and other image folder files. Replace them while on pink screen and youre good to go.

Sent from my U8800

cirnocirno

Dec 1, 2010
Simply reinstall the rom. Create a dload at your sdcard and you know the rest.

Second option: search forum there were already boot.img recovery and other image folder files. Replace them while on pink screen and youre good to go.

Sent from my U8800

Not so simple my friend you missed the point.
It will be stuck @1/2 where it tries to unpack but does nothing.

Staf1988i

Apr 17, 2010
Hi, i upgrade to GB and i have this problem. The first time it opened fine but after reboot, it stucks on the boot animation logo..It don t open.
How i will fix it?

cr723

May 4, 2012
Hi, i upgrade to GB and i have this problem. The first time it opened fine but after reboot, it stucks on the boot animation logo..It don t open.
How i will fix it?

Official GB is having this issue. It happened to me some times. Try upgrading your phone with Dzo's Aurora or downgrade again to 2.2.1. both will give your phone a life and stay away from GB (at least official)

Staf1988i

Apr 17, 2010
I cannot root the phone. The phone is not opening any more. I can downgrade to Froyo but how i ll update to ICS from 2.2?

Is there any solution to upgrade to Ics from 2.2?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ideos U8800 Gingerbread Beta 1 U8800V100R001C00B517G001(Beta1.0)(Overseas Normal)(Gingerbread)

Contains original:
    recovery.img
    boot.img
    cust.img
    amss.mbn
    EMMCBOOT.MBN