[UB][RECOVERY] TWRP v3.7.0 for Xperia X

Search This thread

retro486

Aug 1, 2012
The latest official 3.2.2.0 can't mount data (tapping the data mount checkbox does nothing; stays unchecked). I formatted it, rebooted, confirmed data was mountable, then booted into AOSP 8.1. Once rebooting back into TWRP it can no longer mount data. Am I missing something?

Edit: Log message is:
Could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer.
Failed to mount '/data' (Invalid argument)

Last edited:
Reactions: cellabonez

MichaBit

May 6, 2015
The latest official 3.2.2.0 can't mount data (tapping the data mount checkbox does nothing; stays unchecked). I formatted it, rebooted, confirmed data was mountable, then booted into AOSP 8.1. Once rebooting back into TWRP it can no longer mount data. Am I missing something?

Edit: Log message is:
Could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer.
Failed to mount '/data' (Invalid argument)

Mine is mounting everything fine, maybe u need the latest ODM image. :confused:

https://xdaforums.com/xperia-x/development/rom-omnirom-t3734793

MichaBit

May 6, 2015
Where is the fail by flashing ODM image?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-28-00-56-44.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-28-00-56-44.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 75

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
I tried flashing an ODM image but it didn't work. It said "Error: trying to flash image to filesystem". Was running version 3.2.3-2 published recently. Edit: actually I were still running 3.2.3-1. Updated to 3.2.3-2 and it worked without issues...

Last edited:

Deympako

Mar 8, 2019
Should I root my device before I proceed?
BTW I'm using F5122 and running the latest updates.

zyxel84

May 23, 2019
Hello. I need to backup all data from Xperia X (F5121).
I have unlocked bootloader, then I have installed twrp and try to backup all partitions. I booted twrp and checked boot, cache, recovery, system, vendor, data, oem, trim-area partitions (all checkboxes that was in backup section). After swiping to backup everything successed except oem partition on which it says Failed to mount '/oem' (Device or resource busy).
Can you help me how can /oem partition be backuped?

Rush

Apr 19, 2019
neuss
OnePlus 5T
Stock?
OEM can only have a backup when you have one of sony's kernels delivered in .IMG flashed into OEM....so if you're on stock...OEM backup isn't necessary because you can't override stock kernel

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

How to install this? Do i need a pc? I just don't know sorry.
Yes..you need a PC

Mini tutorial

Place the recovery into the same folder that you have minimal adb and fastboot installed (there are thousands of tutorials I you haven't yet)
Rename it to something simple you can remember and type in this after double clicking a file called "Cmd-here.exe"

Adb reboot bootloader (turn on adb debugging and make sure bootloader is unlocked)

Fastboot flash recovery <Your simple file name here>.IMG

Done!

Updates can be installed trough twrp itself because sony handles stuff like that differently

Just download reboot to recovery

Install> install IMG> (search for update and tap on it)> tap recovery>swipe

zyxel84

May 23, 2019
Stock? OEM can only have a backup when you have one of sony's kernels delivered in .IMG flashed into OEM....so if you're on stock...OEM backup isn't necessary because you can't override stock kernel

Thanks. Yes it is stock. So, I even can't flash oem partition for example with flashboot or something? I thought that from twrp I can do everything what I want.

Last edited:

Rush

Apr 19, 2019
neuss
OnePlus 5T
Thanks. Yes it is stock. So, I even can't flash oem partition for example with flashboot or something? I thought that from twrp I can do everything what I want.

Basically yes but there is no REAL OEM in Sony's software that needs to be backed up...

Or a bit simpler

You don't need to download any virus infected OEM image of the stock ROM

If you still want to do it and it says like "device/resource busy" reboot mount OEM manually and then make a second backup of OEM itself

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
Stock?
OEM can only have a backup when you have one of sony's kernels delivered in .IMG flashed into OEM....so if you're on stock...OEM backup isn't necessary because you can't override stock kernel

What are you talking about? OEM partition doesn't "override" the kernel, nor it's related to it. When you're on stock firmware, OEM partition will hold an EXT4 filesystem containing customization and apps from your operator or your country customization in the case of a carrier free device. When you're using custom ROMs, the OEM partition will hold the ODM image that you need to flash during the installation of the ROM, generally through fastboot flash oem <ODM image> or through TWRP itself on newer versions. Regardless of what is being stored there, TWRP should backup this partition just fine (at least it does on my phone)...

Rush

Apr 19, 2019
neuss
OnePlus 5T
What are you talking about? OEM partition doesn't "override" the kernel, nor it's related to it. When you're on stock firmware, OEM partition will hold an EXT4 filesystem containing customization and apps from your operator or your country customization in the case of a carrier free device. When you're using custom ROMs, the OEM partition will hold the ODM image that you need to flash during the installation of the ROM, generally through fastboot flash oem <ODM image> or through TWRP itself on newer versions. Regardless of what is being stored there, TWRP should backup this partition just fine (at least it does on my phone)...

Okay...i understood something horribly wrong

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Okay...i understood something horribly wrong

But still weird i cant on mine if im in stock

Top Liked Posts