• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lvbaal

Jun 27, 2009
Borkenes
I've flashed your rom 20181210 version and have been using with pleasure. Thanks!
Now I would like to have another go at the Helix engine which I have been using on my earlier device Mate 10 Pro. For this I need a kernel that does NOT do hot plugging. I understand that you have removed the Evira kernel (which DOES hot plugging) from your rom because of bootloops experienced by some users. I also understand that I am using the 4.4.10+ kernel now. I presume this is the original kernel as a part of the standard firmware Huawei put on the phone. Can you confirm this?
Do you maybe know of any kernel that I could flash on which I could disable hot plugging?

FirstEver

Jul 18, 2013
London
www.firstever.eu
I've flashed your rom 20181210 version and have been using with pleasure. Thanks!
Now I would like to have another go at the Helix engine which I have been using on my earlier device Mate 10 Pro. For this I need a kernel that does NOT do hot plugging. I understand that you have removed the Evira kernel (which DOES hot plugging) from your rom because of bootloops experienced by some users. I also understand that I am using the 4.4.10+ kernel now. I presume this is the original kernel as a part of the standard firmware Huawei put on the phone. Can you confirm this?
Do you maybe know of any kernel that I could flash on which I could disable hot plugging?

True, Evira AOSP kernel is not included, but it works on my CLT-L09 (Kernel 4.4.162).

lvbaal

Jun 27, 2009
Borkenes
Hi,
I am enjoying your rom greatly :)
I wonder, could you say anything about updates, seeing that Google has update Pixel rom.?

xsanikax

Dec 30, 2017
hi i tried to flash this rom and it has bricked my device, i was running emui 9 beforehand, followed all of the steps but it just fails to boot at the end of it all. i tried the unbricking method and that just takes me to a black recovery screen at the end, instead of the white recovery screen. I saw that it says to uncheck kernel partition for flashing but i'm not seeing an option to uncheck kernel, can anyone help? i've not had my phone for 3 days, i can use twrp by the way and fastboot but not any os

sackgnom

May 24, 2018
hi i tried to flash this rom and it has bricked my device, i was running emui 9 beforehand, followed all of the steps but it just fails to boot at the end of it all. i tried the unbricking method and that just takes me to a black recovery screen at the end, instead of the white recovery screen. I saw that it says to uncheck kernel partition for flashing but i'm not seeing an option to uncheck kernel, can anyone help? i've not had my phone for 3 days, i can use twrp by the way and fastboot but not any os

Did you flash the partitions manually one by one?

Make sure you follow this guide exactly

https://forum.xda-developers.com/hu...nt/how-to-how-to-unbrick-clt-l29c432-t3878714

If you flashed your stock images already and hang again at bootloop, you should boot to stock recovery and do a full wipe (wipe /data partition!)
It may be possible the stock image you flashed can't mount /data due to encryption issues.

Jalac98

Aug 24, 2016

You have to flash EviraKernel separately as zip directly from EviraKernel page.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

You have to flash EviraKernel separately as zip directly from EviraKernel page.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/huawei-p20-pro/development/evira-kernel-kernel-p20pro-t3856124

cyanidexv

Jun 3, 2015

Same here, let me know if you find a fix, I tried the guide here , but no luck, I get an error at the end when eRecovery loads.
Update: LOL spoke too soon, for me, I had to use HuRu in order to get the phone working again, spent 6 hours trying to get this thing working again

Last edited:

QuazIqbal

Jul 25, 2015
New Delhi
Same here, let me know if you find a fix, I tried the guide here , but no luck, I get an error at the end when eRecovery loads.
Update: LOL spoke too soon, for me, I had to use HuRu in order to get the phone working again, spent 6 hours trying to get this thing working again

My case is similar. I downgraded from B195 to rollback B161. Now I am literally doomed. No erecovery, no huawei logo, just plain black fastboot screen. My bootlodaer is unlocked and I'm unable to relock it. Huawei is denying service, is there any way to revive my black dead phone???

twrp.img gets flashed succesfully but doesnt boot into it.

QuazIqbal

Jul 25, 2015
New Delhi

*I have downgraded from B195 to rollback B161. Now I am literally doomed. No erecovery, no huawei logo, just plain black fastboot screen. My bootlodaer is unlocked and I'm unable to relock it. Huawei is denying service, is there any way to revive my black dead phone???

Reactions: sackgnom

sackgnom

May 24, 2018
*I have downgraded from B195 to rollback B161. Now I am literally doomed. No erecovery, no huawei logo, just plain black fastboot screen. My bootlodaer is unlocked and I'm unable to relock it. Huawei is denying service, is there any way to revive my black dead phone???
Sorry, no.
You downgraded the xloader to a lower version. DC Phoenix won't help you, i was in the exact same situation and got my motherboard replaced by repair center. There is a "board flash" possibility ( need device opening to short board contacts) but there is no matching firmware available for clt / eml

Your Phone now is a paperweight :(

Last edited:
Reactions: QuazIqbal

QuazIqbal

Jul 25, 2015
New Delhi
Sorry, no.
You downgraded the xloader to a lower version. DC Phoenix won't help you, i was in the exact same situation and got my motherboard replaced by repair center. There is a "board flash" possibility ( need device opening to short board contacts) but there is no matching firmware available for clt / eml

Your Phone now is a paperweight :(

Is there any way to lock the bootloader again... I tried but the command fails. If I may manage to do this I will claim for warranty

sackgnom

May 24, 2018
Is there any way to lock the bootloader again... I tried but the command fails. If I may manage to do this I will claim for warranty

Nope. There is no current solution for xloader brick. Only solution for now is just send it in and see what happens.
I searched for hours and days when it happened to me, there is NO possibility to unbrick

Reactions: QuazIqbal

SUPNYUS

Apr 15, 2016

sackgnom

May 24, 2018
Can you get into TWRP ? And can you go to bootloader ? If you can, just use this : https://forum.xda-developers.com/hu...uide-how-to-install-emui-9-android-9-t3839316

Then modify the update.bat with the one provided here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/hu...w-to-install-emui-9-android-9-t3839316/page12

He can't, xloader brick = hard brick, The displays shows nothing, not even backlight, the phone is automatically in fastboot mode somehow but doesn't allow flashing any images (command not allowed)

Reactions: forever_lol

Kruzkal

Jan 14, 2010
Had a quick search through the thread but didn't find the answer. Would this possibly work with encryption if installed using sideload?

QuazIqbal

Jul 25, 2015
New Delhi
Nope. There is no current solution for xloader brick. Only solution for now is just send it in and see what happens.
I searched for hours and days when it happened to me, there is NO possibility to unbrick

Update : Good news finally. My device is now unbricked by flashing downloaded OTA from Firmware Finder (Oreo B161 simple non-rollback version) using DC phoenix via testpoint mode. P.S. Flashing B195 pie didn't worked earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: sackgnom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys! I'm the author of the First Ever Android 9.0 for Nexus 5 project (probably the best Android 9.0 for Google Nexus 5).
    The letters UBR stand for Update By Recovery - this is a very non conventional way of flashing :)

EOhmtTe.png

Requirements:

1. Unlocked Bootloader. You can get a key for €30, I received my key in 3 hours [Link]
    2. TWRP 3.2.1-0 for Huawei P20 Pro working with Android 9.0
    3. Remove Storage Encryption - flashable zip file
    4. UBR (Update By Recovery) - one button installation like for Nexus 5!

Features:
    • Based on AOSP Android 9.0 Pie
    • Evira Custom Kernel [Link]
    • Rooted - Magisk 17.3 [Link]
    • SafetyNet Check Pass
    • Google GApps 9.0 Stock
    • Google Pixel 3 Experience
    • AdGuard DNS Adblock

Problems:
    • NFC doesn't work.
    • RAW format files in Huawei Camera app doesn't work.
    • [FIXED] Official Huawei P20 Pro Camera App does not save photos / problem with the gallery app?
    • [FIXED] 'Ok Google' detection currently broken, but it works when you press a button
    • [FIXED] Missing Round icons shape in Pixel Launcher 9.

[SOLVED] TO FINISH THIS PROJECT I NEED A FULLY FUNCTIONAL TWRP 3.2.3-0

• After 5 days, I managed to finish this project! [Link]

Download:
    Mod edit, no direct download link

Donate:
    • Please donate to keep this project alive! [Donate]

AKtI0r0.jpg

More photos can be found [here]
    TESTING IN PROGRESS (DECRYPTED DATA)

Code:
    1. Restore EMUI 8.1 via Huawei eRecovery  [DONE] in 14:38 s
    2. Wipe data/factory reset [no required?] [SKIP] in -:-- s
    3. First EMUI 8.1 boot                    [DONE] in 0:58 s
    4. Install TWRP via Fastboot              [DONE] in 0:01 s
    5. Install Remove_Encryption.zip via TWRP [DONE] in 0:03 s
    6. Reboot to TWRP and Format Data         [DONE] in 0:04 s
    7. [UBR] First Ever Android 9.0 via TWRP  [DONE] in 0:51 s
    8. First AOSP 9.0 boot	                  [DONE] in 0:35 s

Progress is updated live!

UPDATE

• Is Evira Kernel still installed? [Yes]
    • Is Magisk 17.3 still installed? [Yes]
    • Are mods still installed? [Yes]
    • Are Magisk modules still installed? [Yes]
    • Is it possible to sign into Google account? [Yes]

DOWNLOAD

Step-by-step installation guide and files will be released this week!

SUCCESS!!!
    Mod edit

Please be patient!
    Step-by-step installation guide and files will be released this week!
    If you find any spelling mistakes in the descriptions, please let me know :)
    Almost done!
    I have been fighting with Google Apps for three days now :p

• Official Stock GApps with Pixel Setup app - apps works but you can't sign in to Google Account (black screen after "Checking info...")
    • Unofficial GApps without Pixel Setup app - everything works fine but you have to sign in manually.

I still can't backup the data partition, so I will move all apps to system partition and you will be able to remove it later using System App Remover [ROOT] app.
    I'd like to clarify one thing: From the Opening Post, i see that it is necessary to have a P20 Pro running Android 9.0 to be able to flash this.

Is everyone here already running 9.0? If so, did you achieve this through a beta or did you flash 9.0 through TWRP or other method? I'm trying to figure out how to achieve this so i can be ready when this wonderful ROM drops :D

No, you are wrong. You can upgrade from any stock or custom ROM, for example from stock EMUI 8.1 to AOSP 9.0.
    If for some reason you do not like Android 9.0, you can downgrade to stock EMUI 8.1 by just one click in Huawei eRecovery :)

Photo session [here]

AKtI0r0.jpg

VU0su1j.png

ZQ1XfCc.png

hjlgZEe.jpg

MgPDq9M.png

pV2Rrgc.jpg

E6qHlRr.jpg

Now, give me some time to finish the project website :)