Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sackgnom

May 24, 2018
Update : Good news finally. My device is now unbricked by flashing downloaded OTA from Firmware Finder (Oreo B161 simple non-rollback version) using DC phoenix via testpoint mode. P.S. Flashing B195 pie didn't worked earlier.

Love to hear that! Maybe think about sharing a little How-To in the guides section? It could help a lot of people if you kindly share your experience :)

xsanikax

Dec 30, 2017
did anyone manage to fix their bricks? i can fix my brick if i'm able to get twrp up and running, but every time i try to flash twrp, it says everything has gone fine but i'm just stuck on the screen saying your device cannot be trusted your device is booting now... but it never actually makes it to twrp

aoryx

Jan 11, 2009
Frankfurt
Can you access fastboot, i assume yes. You can try downloading the latest official update.zip and exract img files from update.app using HuaweiUpdateExtractor and flash the files (worked for me when I bricked my phone)
Code:
RECOVERY_VBMETA.img , RECOVERY_RAMDIS , KERNEL.img
did anyone manage to fix their bricks? i can fix my brick if i'm able to get twrp[ up and running, but every time i try to flash twrp, it says everything has gone fine but i'm just stuck on the screen saying your device cannot be trusted your device is booting now... but it never actually makes it to twrp

xsanikax

Dec 30, 2017
Can you access fastboot, i assume yes. You can try downloading the latest official update.zip and exract img files from update.app using HuaweiUpdateExtractor and flash the files (worked for me when I bricked my phone)
Code:
RECOVERY_VBMETA.img , RECOVERY_RAMDIS , KERNEL.img
you mean just flash those 3 files or flash every file that comes out of update? i'm trying all of them one by one at the minute still no luck

aoryx

Jan 11, 2009
Frankfurt
For me, i was able to boot after flashing
All vbmeta files, Kernel and Recovery.
You can try all one by one till U recover it, Wish U good luck

you mean just flash those 3 files or flash every file that comes out of update? i'm trying all of them one by one at the minute still no luck

lvbaal

Jun 27, 2009
Borkenes
did anyone manage to fix their bricks? i can fix my brick if i'm able to get twrp up and running, but every time i try to flash twrp, it says everything has gone fine but i'm just stuck on the screen saying your device cannot be trusted your device is booting now... but it never actually makes it to twrp
Don't know what you mean exactly by "make it to twrp", but did you boot to recovery after flashing twrp? Cause if you don't boot to twrp but straight into system after flashing twrp, you run the risk of twrp being overwritten by stock recovery.

xsanikax

Dec 30, 2017
Don't know what you mean exactly by "make it to twrp", but did you boot to recovery after flashing twrp? Cause if you don't boot to twrp but straight into system after flashing twrp, you run the risk of twrp being overwritten by stock recovery.
what i mean is that i flash twrp try to boot straight into twrp and then it gets stuck on the screen saying your device has been unlocked and cant be trusted your device is booting now... but it never makes it past that screen into twrp. struggling to get some life into this phone at the minute

xsanikax

Dec 30, 2017
For anybody that is bricked I fixed mine now, using the latest emui 8.1 update Zip files and using the downgrade /flash tool. extract the update img from update.zip and use the firmware extractor on the update. Img to get system kernel recovery and vbmeta files flash those manually then put all the zip files in zips here folder and run the tool. Easy peasy

alvaromf

Oct 23, 2010
For anybody that is bricked I fixed mine now, using the latest emui 8.1 updatd usng the downgrade /flash tool. extract the update img from update.zip and use the firmware extractor on the update. Img to get system kernel recovery and vbmeta files flash those manually then put all the zip files in zips here folder and run the tool. Easy peasy
?

Hello can you help me out?
I have the same problem.
Can you tell me exactly wich is the latest emui update?
where did you get it from
how did you Flash those file?

FirstEver

Jul 18, 2013
London
www.firstever.eu
I have a new build based on Pixel Experience 5/06/2019 - NFC works now :)
It is much stable than LineageOS 16.0 or AOSCP - no restarts.

Magisk doesn't work - I need to check it.

Update #1
Magisk 19.3 works!
It seems that ROOT works randomly after phone (multiple) restart (I have the same issue on other Pie ROMs).

Update #2
I can't create restore because storage partition is encrypted, and OTG does not work in TWRP 3.3.1-0 :(

Last edited:
Reactions: lvbaal

gvflavio

Apr 22, 2012
I have a new build based on Pixel Experience 5/06/2019 - NFC works now :)
It is much stable than LineageOS 16.0 or AOSCP - no restarts.

Magisk doesn't work - I need to check it.

Update #1
Magisk 19.3 works!
It seems that ROOT works randomly after phone (multiple) restart (I have the same issue on other Pie ROMs).

Update #2
I can't create restore because storage partition is encrypted, and OTG does not work in TWRP 3.3.1-0 :(

When can we install?

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
I need to find a way how to create a backup in TWRP.

there is a way.
Boot TWRP.
adb pull /data
and restore
adb push /data
delete the internal storage when you grab the files because its encrypted.
delete any keystore* gatekeeper* locksettings* files you may find in data because they use the old pass to unlock and pass is encrypted.
app settings and everything will be backed up.
internal storage can be backed up to cloud anyway.

*EDIT:
It's not a nandroid backup so be aware that after restore, it may look like everything is fine, but gapps core services will be broken.
Chat apps will not notify you in the background unless the apps are running.
So it's not a very useful backup.

Last edited:

FirstEver

Jul 18, 2013
London
www.firstever.eu
there is a way.
Boot TWRP.
adb pull /data
and restore
adb push /data
delete the internal storage when you grab the files because its encrypted.
delete any keystore* gatekeeper* locksettings* files you may find in data because they use the old pass to unlock and pass is encrypted.
app settings and everything will be backed up.
internal storage can be backed up to cloud anyway.

*EDIT:
It's not a nandroid backup so be aware that after restore, it may look like everything is fine, but gapps core services will be broken.
Chat apps will not notify you in the background unless the apps are running.
So it's not a very useful backup.

Thanks, I will try this.

Canhobix

Nov 25, 2010
Decrypt device

Hello,

I have the latest 2019 build, and I cannot install any zip using TWRP because the partitions are encrypted.
Do you have the latest decryption file ?

TESTING IN PROGRESS (DECRYPTED DATA)

Code:
1. Restore EMUI 8.1 via Huawei eRecovery  [DONE] in 14:38 s
2. Wipe data/factory reset [no required?] [SKIP] in -:-- s
3. First EMUI 8.1 boot                    [DONE] in 0:58 s
4. Install TWRP via Fastboot              [DONE] in 0:01 s
5. Install Remove_Encryption.zip via TWRP [DONE] in 0:03 s
6. Reboot to TWRP and Format Data         [DONE] in 0:04 s
7. [UBR] First Ever Android 9.0 via TWRP  [DONE] in 0:51 s
8. First AOSP 9.0 boot	                  [DONE] in 0:35 s

Progress is updated live!

UPDATE

• Is Evira Kernel still installed? [Yes]
  • Is Magisk 17.3 still installed? [Yes]
  • Are mods still installed? [Yes]
  • Are Magisk modules still installed? [Yes]
  • Is it possible to sign into Google account? [Yes]

DOWNLOAD

Step-by-step installation guide and files will be released this week!

SUCCESS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys! I'm the author of the First Ever Android 9.0 for Nexus 5 project (probably the best Android 9.0 for Google Nexus 5).
    The letters UBR stand for Update By Recovery - this is a very non conventional way of flashing :)

EOhmtTe.png

Requirements:

1. Unlocked Bootloader. You can get a key for €30, I received my key in 3 hours [Link]
    2. TWRP 3.2.1-0 for Huawei P20 Pro working with Android 9.0
    3. Remove Storage Encryption - flashable zip file
    4. UBR (Update By Recovery) - one button installation like for Nexus 5!

Features:
    • Based on AOSP Android 9.0 Pie
    • Evira Custom Kernel [Link]
    • Rooted - Magisk 17.3 [Link]
    • SafetyNet Check Pass
    • Google GApps 9.0 Stock
    • Google Pixel 3 Experience
    • AdGuard DNS Adblock

Problems:
    • NFC doesn't work.
    • RAW format files in Huawei Camera app doesn't work.
    • [FIXED] Official Huawei P20 Pro Camera App does not save photos / problem with the gallery app?
    • [FIXED] 'Ok Google' detection currently broken, but it works when you press a button
    • [FIXED] Missing Round icons shape in Pixel Launcher 9.

[SOLVED] TO FINISH THIS PROJECT I NEED A FULLY FUNCTIONAL TWRP 3.2.3-0

• After 5 days, I managed to finish this project! [Link]

Download:
    Mod edit, no direct download link

Donate:
    • Please donate to keep this project alive! [Donate]

AKtI0r0.jpg

More photos can be found [here]
    TESTING IN PROGRESS (DECRYPTED DATA)

Code:
    1. Restore EMUI 8.1 via Huawei eRecovery  [DONE] in 14:38 s
    2. Wipe data/factory reset [no required?] [SKIP] in -:-- s
    3. First EMUI 8.1 boot                    [DONE] in 0:58 s
    4. Install TWRP via Fastboot              [DONE] in 0:01 s
    5. Install Remove_Encryption.zip via TWRP [DONE] in 0:03 s
    6. Reboot to TWRP and Format Data         [DONE] in 0:04 s
    7. [UBR] First Ever Android 9.0 via TWRP  [DONE] in 0:51 s
    8. First AOSP 9.0 boot	                  [DONE] in 0:35 s

Progress is updated live!

UPDATE

• Is Evira Kernel still installed? [Yes]
    • Is Magisk 17.3 still installed? [Yes]
    • Are mods still installed? [Yes]
    • Are Magisk modules still installed? [Yes]
    • Is it possible to sign into Google account? [Yes]

DOWNLOAD

SUCCESS!!!
    Mod edit

Please be patient!
    If you find any spelling mistakes in the descriptions, please let me know :)
    Almost done!
    I have been fighting with Google Apps for three days now :p

• Official Stock GApps with Pixel Setup app - apps works but you can't sign in to Google Account (black screen after "Checking info...")
    • Unofficial GApps without Pixel Setup app - everything works fine but you have to sign in manually.

I still can't backup the data partition, so I will move all apps to system partition and you will be able to remove it later using System App Remover [ROOT] app.
    I'd like to clarify one thing: From the Opening Post, i see that it is necessary to have a P20 Pro running Android 9.0 to be able to flash this.

Is everyone here already running 9.0? If so, did you achieve this through a beta or did you flash 9.0 through TWRP or other method? I'm trying to figure out how to achieve this so i can be ready when this wonderful ROM drops :D

No, you are wrong. You can upgrade from any stock or custom ROM, for example from stock EMUI 8.1 to AOSP 9.0.
    If for some reason you do not like Android 9.0, you can downgrade to stock EMUI 8.1 by just one click in Huawei eRecovery :)

Photo session [here]

AKtI0r0.jpg

VU0su1j.png

ZQ1XfCc.png

hjlgZEe.jpg

MgPDq9M.png

pV2Rrgc.jpg

E6qHlRr.jpg

Now, give me some time to finish the project website :)