[UBUNTU][Testing] How-to install it on the Prime

Search This thread

rosebud

Jun 18, 2005
Nottingham
Wow,
Thanks for all your hard work tux_mind.
I have tried to follow your guide, however, it's not idiot proof yet ;)
my long term plan is to use my prime as an Ubuntu 'ultrabook' as I have my Nexus 7 now.
Steps 1 and 2 are relatively straightforward,
I'm struggling at step 3. which of the download links is kernel_chooser?

I understand the concept of kexec etc, not bothered about android on the device,

I can cope with step 4, then I get stuck again at step 5

I have extracted all the files and root patch to root of Micro SD, I'm so close yet so far.
looking forward to playing, will probably wait a couple of days, I'm sure by then there will ahve been more discussion around those steps.

Thanks again!!

Steve

edit: think ive figured it.. time will tell. I will report back :)

Last edited:

Snepscheut

Dec 17, 2005
Zwijndrecht
It's working but....

Tux_mind,

I did it (No YOU did it!)

After rereading your howto I placed the zImage on the prime in /data/boot and that did the trick. But I had ubuntu on my SD-card and there is no patch for ubuntu!
So I got a black screen and nothing else.

I changed to gentoo and now its up and running! YES but.... I don't know the user to login with and the password.

Maybe you can provide me/us with these items?

Thank you so much.

Greetings Jos.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Wow,
my long term plan is to use my prime as an Ubuntu 'ultrabook' as I have my Nexus 7 now.

I understand the concept of kexec etc, not bothered about android on the device,

I have extracted all the files and root patch to root of Micro SD, I'm so close yet so far.
looking forward to playing, will probably wait a couple of days, I'm sure by then there will ahve been more discussion around those steps.

Thanks again!!

Steve

The fastboot.blob is the kernel_chooser!
succes,

Jos

zhekazheka

Feb 17, 2010
yeah it had a extra bit attached but i strayed away from using the USB method as would rather use the internal memory but alas no success. now i am plagued by different errors. what i have currently is the ubuntu-12.04-preinstalled-desktop-armhf+ac100.tar.gz untarred into a folder called Ubuntu which sits on the device as /data/Ubuntu. Now i have tried pasting this zImage in every possible place with no success. my root_chooser file looks as follows:

UBUNTU
/dev/mmcblk0p8:/boot/zImage:/boot/initrd.gz
+newroot=/dev/mmcblk0p8:/data/Ubuntu:/data/Ubuntu/sbin/init

then uppon booting i get this:

[ERROR] cannot open "/mnt/boot/zImage" - (null)
[ERROR] cannot open "/mnt/boot/zImage" - No such file or directory
[ERROR] unable to load guest kernel
[INFO ] press <ENTER> to continue...

i have tried placing zImage in /mnt/boot/, /data/boot/, /data/Ubuntu/boot, /data/Ubuntu/mnt/boot/ all with no success :(

"NOTE: in android /dev/mmcblk0p8 is /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 and it's mounted over /data" as it says in a HOWTO

faeredia

Jun 24, 2012
Perth
I changed to gentoo and now its up and running! YES but.... I don't know the user to login with and the password.

im only a few steps ahead of you, im referring to this document, it contains everything for a full gentoo install:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-arm.xml?full=1
you should go back into your android and chroot into your gentoo install. set the root passwd: see 8.c
then add a user: see 11.a
you should look at the entire thing i guess, some things look important, other not so much (bootloaders. not important). this is my first time working with gentoo also. of course, wifi was down last night, so there was only so far i could get.

luciddreamin92

Im so glad linux is finally available for the tf201, now i hope this doesn't sound rude but is there a possibility of seeing a video tutorial of this being done? Because that would be awesome since I don't want to accidentally type the wrong thing in my terminal. ;)

Tempie007

Dec 15, 2010
Will i be able to flash android roms and kernels normaly after this procedure?

Great work tux_mind!
Waiting for the ubuntu files and the tegra drivers before i get on this boat!

Last edited:

zdenko1

Jul 15, 2009
Can someone help with booting it up? I am on 4 penguins, everything is set up but when i start ubuntu it gives me errors about not finding files probably on mmcblk0p8 (can't remember). Does kernel have integrated mmcblk and ext4 support or do I have to use some initram?

EDIT: Yeah, it is /data (or mmcblk0p8, as you want) partition. Even 4 penguins say that it can't mount /data partition. Advice?

Last edited:

tux_mind

Mar 3, 2012
yeah it had a extra bit attached but i strayed away from using the USB method as would rather use the internal memory but alas no success. now i am plagued by different errors. what i have currently is the ubuntu-12.04-preinstalled-desktop-armhf+ac100.tar.gz untarred into a folder called Ubuntu which sits on the device as /data/Ubuntu. Now i have tried pasting this zImage in every possible place with no success. my root_chooser file looks as follows:

UBUNTU
/dev/mmcblk0p8:/boot/zImage:/boot/initrd.gz
+newroot=/dev/mmcblk0p8:/data/Ubuntu:/data/Ubuntu/sbin/init

then uppon booting i get this:

[ERROR] cannot open "/mnt/boot/zImage" - (null)

i have tried placing zImage in /mnt/boot/, /data/boot/, /data/Ubuntu/boot, /data/Ubuntu/mnt/boot/ all with no success :(

i double checked the sources and this is what happens to you:
1) try to load kernel via gzip => [ERROR] cannot open "/mnt/boot/zImage" - (null) // this is a bug, i have to fix it
2) try to load kernel via lzma => [ERROR] cannot open "/mnt/boot/zImage" - No such file or directory
3) try to load raw kernel image => [ERROR] cannot open "/mnt/boot/zImage" - No such file or directory
4) kernel loading failed => [ERROR] unable to load guest kernel

i'll add a preventive check on the existence of the files to load, in order to save all that "try to load" calls.

as you can see the file path you give is wrong.
don't copy the kernel everywhere, keep calm and think.
your config file tells this:
mount /dev/mmcblk0p8 over /mnt ( /mnt it's in the initramfs, not in android or whatever )
load the file /mnt/boot/zImage as kernel
load file file /mnt/boot/initrd.gz as initrd

in android /dev/mmcblk0p8 is mounted on /data.
so, from android, you should see the zImage file in the /data/boot/ directory.
no rocket science ;)

keep us updated! :)

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Hello tux_mind,

Yes I can post my config file's

I'm running Cyanogenmod 10.1 Unofficial - JDQ39 - Mar 8 2013
under /data (on my prime ) I have made a dir: .kernel.d in witch I have:
mylinux

my linux distro from my microSD
/dev/mmcblk0p8:/boot/zImage
+root=/dev/mmcblk1p1 rootwait

and:
android

android
/dev/mmcblk0p8:/boot/android_kernel:/boot/android_initrd

the android_kernel and android_initrd are under /data/boot on the prime

Hope you can figure it out!

Jos

PS I get the same error as JoeyDelp.

for the CM10 we are patching their kernel with the kexec guest patch right now, the "standard" CM10 kernel will not boot.
for the File not Found error look at the previous post.
can you make a tarball with all your stuff? i will try that on my prime.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Wow,

Thanks again!!

Steve

Step 3 are only the configuration step, nothing to download.
kernel_chooser is the fastboot.blob/nvflash.LNX file in step4.

check that your sdcard it's formatted as ext4 fs.
from step4:
"if you have installed your linux distro in the root directory of a device ( usually usb stick or microsd ) you can skip to step 6."
you don't need step 5.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Tux_mind,

I did it (No YOU did it!)

After rereading your howto I placed the zImage on the prime in /data/boot and that did the trick. But I had ubuntu on my SD-card and there is no patch for ubuntu!
So I got a black screen and nothing else.

Thank you so much.

Greetings Jos.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

The fastboot.blob is the kernel_chooser!
succes,

Jos

there is no password for root, you have to download the sudo package and create a your user.
use an android terminal emulator and chroot to gentoo, "emerge sudo", useradd $USERNAME then http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/sudo-guide.xml?style=printable

for ubuntu i'll check it tonight.
bye!

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

im only a few steps ahead of you, im referring to this document, it contains everything for a full gentoo install:
you should go back into your android and chroot into your gentoo install. set the root passwd: see 8.c
you should look at the entire thing i guess, some things look important, other not so much (bootloaders. not important). this is my first time working with gentoo also. of course, wifi was down last night, so there was only so far i could get.

it is a solution, but i 'm fell more secure to suggest you to use sudo.
root shouldn't have a password.

regards!

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Im so glad linux is finally available for the tf201, now i hope this doesn't sound rude but is there a possibility of seeing a video tutorial of this being done? Because that would be awesome since I don't want to accidentally type the wrong thing in my terminal. ;)

you will make more mistakes if you're reading commands from videos... i think.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Will i be able to flash android roms and kernels normaly after this procedure?

Great work tux_mind!
Waiting for the ubuntu files and the tegra drivers before i get on this boat!

android ROMs, as you widely call them, are only the /system partition zipped into a file ( with some extra file with md5sums and destination folders/partition ).
the short answer is "not".
the longer one is that we are working on an hack for allow you to have multiple android "ROMs" over the TFP.
the big trouble is for the /data partition... gingerbread and jelly bean seems to have different DB structs....
( thanks to Smasher816 for those infos )

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Can someone help with booting it up? I am on 4 penguins, everything is set up but when i start ubuntu it gives me errors about not finding files probably on mmcblk0p8 (can't remember). Does kernel have integrated mmcblk and ext4 support or do I have to use some initram?

EDIT: Yeah, it is /data (or mmcblk0p8, as you want) partition. Even 4 penguins say that it can't mount /data partition. Advice?

ext4 is supported if you are using the zImage from the howto.
can you post your config please ?

bye!

zdenko1

Jul 15, 2009
Managed to fix that mount problem by myself but here is another one. After trying to boot ubuntu all i get is black screen. Is it because of graphic driver or something else? And can be these steps used to install graphic driver? I got that steps from this guide

tar -xvjf /PATH/TO/config.tbz2
tar -xvjf /PATH/TO/nvidia_drivers.tbz2
rm etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
cd usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers
ln -s tegra_drv.abi13.so tegra_drv.so

tux_mind

Mar 3, 2012
Managed to fix that mount problem by myself but here is another one. After trying to boot ubuntu all i get is black screen. Is it because of graphic driver or something else? And can be these steps used to install graphic driver? I got that steps from this guide

i'm downloading the tarball. maybe i've linked the wrong root fs.
let me check this.

Reactions: zhekazheka

Snepscheut

Dec 17, 2005
Zwijndrecht

Thanks for pointing this out to me, I have been reading this and looking up howto chroot but I seem not clever enough to sort it out.
Can you teach me by a howto chroot from android to gentoo on the SD-card and howto add a user?

Jos.

JoeyDelp

Jun 19, 2010
Stellenbosch
Hey guys sorry for the noob questions and it might be really obvious to you all but i really can't seem to get this at all.
tux_mind i will try explain my set up as thoroughly as i can. I downloaded the zImage (this was zImage.txt but i removed the extension), root_chooser6.gz (was initrd.gz but i renamed it), android_kernel, android_initrd and downloaded the ubuntu 12.04 tarball you linked as well as the root_patch.

I placed these 2 tarballs in the root of my internal storage, used root explorer application on the device to move them to /data/ubuntu (newly created folder). within windows i used adb shell to tar -xzf the 2 tarballs inside that folded. next i created the /data/boot folder as well as the /data/.kernel.d folder. I placed android_kernel and android_initrd inside /data/boot using root explorer, created the androidboot file and placed that inside /data/.kernel.d. flashed the fastboot.blob. booted into android and then followed this exactly as you did in the guide:
"let's do some example!
i have a gentoo chroot under /data/gentoo, a working kernel in /data/boot/zImage and the root_chooser v6 initrd in /data/boot/root_chooser6.gz. my /data/.kernel.d/gentoo will be:
gentoo
/dev/mmcblk0p8:/boot/zImage:/boot/root_chooser6.gz
+newroot=/dev/mmcblk0p8:/gentoo:/sbin/init"

since you said you have /data/boot/zImage and /data/boot/root_chooser6.gz. I did the same. i used that exact gentoo file and only changed "gentoo" folder to "ubuntu". that being done i put the file inside /data/.kernel.d and rebooted.

now i try boot that and what i get is the following:
" - No such file or directoryt/root_chooser6.gz
[ERROR] cannot load "/mnt/boot/zImage"

I checked all the names and made sure it matched. Sorry for all the trouble :(
Thank you for all your patience

Joey

Update1: so i extracted the initrd from root_chooser6.gz and placed that in /data/boot and updated the kernel chooser file accordingly, now it gives no error, when i try boot ubuntu it reboots the tablet and then just displays the 4 penguins with nothing else and stops there

Update2: think might be something wrong with trying to use the ubuntu as a root fs on the internal mmc. downloading gentoo now to test if that works

Last edited:

Snepscheut

Dec 17, 2005
Zwijndrecht
Hey guys sorry for the noob questions and it might be really obvious to you all but i really can't seem to get this at all.
tux_mind i will try explain my set up as thoroughly as i can. I downloaded the zImage (this was zImage.txt but i removed the extension), root_chooser6.gz (was initrd.gz but i renamed it), android_kernel, android_initrd and downloaded the ubuntu 12.04 tarball you linked as well as the root_patch.

I placed these 2 tarballs in the root of my internal storage, used root explorer application on the device to move them to /data/ubuntu (newly created folder). within windows i used adb shell to tar -xzf the 2 tarballs inside that folded. next i created the /data/boot folder as well as the /data/.kernel.d folder. I placed android_kernel and android_initrd inside /data/boot using root explorer, created the androidboot file and placed that inside /data/.kernel.d. flashed the fastboot.blob. booted into android and then followed this exactly as you did in the guide:
"let's do some example!
i have a gentoo chroot under /data/gentoo, a working kernel in /data/boot/zImage and the root_chooser v6 initrd in /data/boot/root_chooser6.gz. my /data/.kernel.d/gentoo will be:
gentoo
/dev/mmcblk0p8:/boot/zImage:/boot/root_chooser6.gz
+newroot=/dev/mmcblk0p8:/gentoo:/sbin/init"

since you said you have /data/boot/zImage and /data/boot/root_chooser6.gz. I did the same. i used that exact gentoo file and only changed "gentoo" folder to "ubuntu". that being done i put the file inside /data/.kernel.d and rebooted.

now i try boot that and what i get is the following:
" - No such file or directoryt/root_chooser6.gz
[ERROR] cannot load "/mnt/boot/zImage"

I checked all the names and made sure it matched. Sorry for all the trouble :(
Thank you for all your patience

Joey

Update1: so i extracted the initrd from root_chooser6.gz and placed that in /data/boot and updated the kernel chooser file accordingly, now it gives no error, when i try boot ubuntu it reboots the tablet and then just displays the 4 penguins with nothing else and stops there

Update2: think might be something wrong with trying to use the ubuntu as a root fs on the internal mmc. downloading gentoo now to test if that works

Joey,

You are doing fine. As you can read in this forum Ubuntu doesn't work for anybody and tux_mind is looking into it. With gentoo it will work but you have to add a user by chrooting into gentoo.

Succes,

Jos

Reactions: JoeyDelp

JoeyDelp

Jun 19, 2010
Stellenbosch
trying to chroot into /data/gentoo by using chroot /data/gentoo /bin/sh then get sh: precmd: command not found
so i try chroot /data/gentoo /bin/bash then get a bash: /dev/null: Permission denied but then manage to get to localhost \# but then no commands work so am not able to do passwd root or useradd.

any ideas?

marko!

Feb 7, 2011
Halifax
trying to chroot into /data/gentoo by using chroot /data/gentoo /bin/sh then get sh: precmd: command not found
so i try chroot /data/gentoo /bin/bash then get a bash: /dev/null: Permission denied but then manage to get to localhost \# but then no commands work so am not able to do passwd root or useradd.

any ideas?

chroot /data/gento /bin/su

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: JoeyDelp

tux_mind

Mar 3, 2012
i try chroot /data/gentoo /bin/bash then get a bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
you have to mount dev sys and proc.
do this only one time per boot.
# cd /data/gentoo
# mount -o bind /dev dev
# mount -o bind /sys sys
# mount -o bind /proc proc
and as suggested by marko!
# chroot . /bin/su

i'm extracting two ubuntu tarballs right now.
i will make the ubuntu.tar.gz root_patch and update howto ubuntu link in an half hour.

see you!

JoeyDelp

Jun 19, 2010
Stellenbosch
thanks tux_mind, what marko! said worked and i logged into gentoo, dont know how to get the GUI up and running though, but anyway looking forward to the ubuntu tarball.

:D

tux_mind

Mar 3, 2012
sorry for the late reply, but the extraction takes a lot of time! :eek:

both ubuntu ac100 and ubuntu armel ( the one linked in the hack-a-job guide )have the same error:
Code:
mountall: root filesystem isn't mounted

for get dropped into a shell add this to the CMDLINE in your config files:
console=tty1

i'm not an ubuntu guru, can someone help us?
i don't have a microSD with me, can someone test if it works on the root of your microSD ?
i'm quite busy on writing kernel_chooser2 now.

see you!

chrischdi

Aug 30, 2010
Stuttgart
Hey tux_mind,

will try to have a look into that. But I don't think I'll be able to pick up some time before Thursday. I will try it with a microSD then.
You're work is really impressive! :good:

Just got not enough time at the moment.

Greetz chrischdi

sorry for the late reply, but the extraction takes a lot of time! :eek:

both ubuntu ac100 and ubuntu armel ( the one linked in the hack-a-job guide )have the same error:
Code:
mountall: root filesystem isn't mounted

for get dropped into a shell add this to the CMDLINE in your config files:
console=tty1

i'm not an ubuntu guru, can someone help us?
i don't have a microSD with me, can someone test if it works on the root of your microSD ?
i'm quite busy on writing kernel_chooser2 now.

see you!

fruchtschwert

Apr 2, 2007
AW: [UBUNTU][Testing] How-to install it on the Prime

I tried the ubuntu-rootfs on the root of my micro-sd which used to work with boot-chooser before. Using kernel-chooser I get dropped at a black screen after reboot..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

This is the console output I get after passing the CMDLINE tux_mind mentioned:

https://www.box.com/shared/hm6h78r58stj1xqt9fb7

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -----------
    HOW-TO: Ubuntu on Asus Transformer Prime TF201

Port by lilstevie (thank you for your hard work)
    --------

DISCLAIMER:
    I wrote this how-to from my experience installing successfully Ubuntu on my Prime.
    I am in no way responsible for what you do with your Prime, even when you are following my instructions.
    There is always the risk of making it worse, hardbricking your device, and this risk is completely down to you !
    This is not a final version. This port is currently very unstable !
    Install Ubuntu on your TF201 for testing purposes only !

HOW-TO Unbrick your Prime (or not...):
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1514088

--------

VERSION:
    v0.1: First version of the tutorial

ABOUT:
    - Working:
    Wifi – Same patch as for the TF101
    Keyboard (if you have a dock)
    USB Host (if you have a dock)

- Partially working:
    Graphics Acceleration (only 2D at this point)
    Touchscreen (it works but every few touches are off target by 1/2 the screen)

- Not working:
    Bluetooth
    Trackpad
    Sound
    Sensors (ALS, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, GPS, magnetometer)
    Shutdown, Reboot, Suspend

--------

Links:
    Bootimage http://173.244.200.139/ports/prime-sdlinux.blob
    RootFS http://173.244.200.139/ports/ubuntu-prime.img.gz
    Fastboot http://alpharev.nl/wintools.zip

MD5:
    9625d336062b2ff7eb9530dd5e48fb9e prime-sdlinux.blob
    1a59e7918c199a85f805cb62ca130dae ubuntu.img
    81238957a42b207213442cba7eeff684 wintools.zip

--------

Hardware:
    Asus Transformer Prime TF201 (bootloader unlocked & with data/charge cable)
    A computer with Linux installed
    MicroSD card of at least 4GB (a fast card is better)

--------

Pre-requisities:
    1. You need to have an already unlocked Prime.
    To unlock it, use the official Asus Bootloader Unlock Tool APK on Android.

2. You need to have the latest ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery installed to easily backup & restore your device.
    To install it, you can use the Android tool 'ROM Manager' from Play Store if you system is already rooted.
    Otherwise, you can use the 'Fastboot' tool along with this tutorial (BE CAREFUL!):
    HOW-TO 1: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/install-cwm-5-8-2-0-on-transformer-prime/
    HOW-TO 2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1576937

(You can also install the Touch version of CWM to avoid destroying your volume buttons while navigating :D)
    CLASSIC : http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.8.2.0-tf201.img
    TOUCH : http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.8-tf201.img

3. Before trying to do anything with your device, make a full nandroid backup of the current WORKING Android system.

To do that:
    - Reboot on CWM (see the sticky, at the end)
    - Navigate to 'backup and restore', then 'backup'
    - Wait until the full backup is done...

--------

- INSTALL Ubuntu -

Introduction:
    To have a working Ubuntu system on the Prime, you have to:
    - Extract the root file system on your MicroSD card
    - Flash the bootimage right on the device

While installing Ubuntu, the only thing you modify about Android, is the bootimage. You leave the system intact,
    so you'll be able to do a pseudo-dualboot between Ubuntu, and Android (we'll see that later).

HOW-TO:
    Extraction of the root filesystem:
    - Connect your MicroSD card on the computer running linux (ex: /dev/sdc)
    - Umount all current partitions from the card
    - Using fdisk, fully erase it, rebuild partition table, and create one partition (ex: /dev/sdc1)
    - Format it in 'ext4' (ex: $ mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdc1)
    - Using 'dd' command, extract the 'ubuntu.img' filesystem to the recently created partition
    (ex: $ dd if=ubuntu.img of=/dev/sdc1)
    - Wait until extraction completes... (It takes a while...)
    - Mount the partition to verify that the extraction completes successfully (ex: $ mount /dev/sdc1 folder)
    - Umount it, eject the card and put it on the Prime (ex: $ umount /dev/sdc1)
    - Your Ubuntu filesystem is ready to use !

Flashing the bootimage (BE CAREFUL!):
    - Reboot in fastboot mode (see the sticky, at the end)
    - Connect the Prime to the computer, and be sure the drivers are correctly installed
    You can find the drivers here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1426502
    - Extract the fastboot archive 'wintools.zip' and move the file 'prime-sdlinux.blob' in the same folder
    - Execute the command: fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash boot prime-sdlinux.blob
    (WARNING! This command will overwrite the bootimage of your Prime! Be sure you know what you're doing!)
    - Wait until the flash completes... (it generally takes a few seconds...)
    - When the blue progress bar is full, on the Prime, hold the Power switch to reboot the device
    - Be sure that the MicroSD card is in the Prime
    - Your Prime is now booting on Ubuntu, you should see some text displaying on the screen
    - Wait until the system initializes... (It takes a while for the first boot...)
    You should see kernel verbose booting, displaying something saying the system is resizing a partition
    on the MicroSD card...
    - Your Ubuntu system is installed ! You can do the graphical basic setup, then do a hard reboot of the device !
    - Good luck with your freshly installed Ubuntu on your awsome Asus Transformer Prime !

--------

- RESTORE Android -

Introduction:
    After installing Ubuntu, to have Android back on the Prime, you have to:
    - (OPTIONAL: Do a full nandroid backup to be able to restore the Ubuntu bootimage directly from the CWM later)
    - Simply restore the Android bootimage from the nandroid backup made before the installation of Ubuntu

HOW-TO:
    To do that:
    - Go to 'backup and restore', then 'advanced restore'
    - Choose the Android backup made before installing Ubuntu
    - Choose 'Restore boot' option
    - Wait until the restore is done...
    - Choose 'reboot system now' to boot in Android

--------

- DUALBOOT Android/Ubuntu -

Introduction:
    We can note that the both systems are installed on two different storage devices.
    Android is directly on the device and Ubuntu is on the MicroSD.
    The only thing that changes between the two systems is the bootimage.
    If you have a nandroid backup of each WORKING systems, you can do an advanced restore of the boot 'boot.img'
    of Ubuntu to boot it from the MicroSD card, or restore the boot of the Android backup to boot on Android !

HOW-TO:
    To do that:
    - Go to 'backup and restore', then 'advanced restore'
    - Choose the correct backup (the Android one, or the Ubuntu one)
    - Choose 'Restore boot' option
    - Wait until the restore is done...

--------

STICKY:
    - Booting the Prime on recovery mode (CWM):
    1. Power off the device (using Android, or by a long press of the power switch)
    2. Power it on, by keeping simultaneously pressed the power switch and the volume down button
    3. When text displays on top of the screen, release all, and press the volume up button
    4. Wait a few seconds and CWM will appear on the Prime...

- Booting the prime in fastboot mode:
    1. Power off the device (using Android, or by a long press of the power switch)
    2. Power it on, by keeping simultaneously pressed the power switch and the volume down button
    3. Wait until the message saying 'OS will coldboot in 10 seconds' etc... then release all buttons
    4. Use the volume down button to select the USB icon
    5. Validate with volume up
    6. You can connect your device to a computer to send fastboot commands...
    Here is a video of the current status.

There is a blog post coming soon.
    You have pubblished new files ?
    We are anxiously awaiting :D

there is a major bug with the 3.1 kernel which is holding things up at the moment, there is a race condition which means the boot needs to be broken out into an initrd shell and resumed to work
    Can You write on How-to for install one distro complete ?

no, and the reason will make you happy!
    just now i've got kexec works! :laugh:

PLEASE STOP TESTING ROOT_CHOOSER v5.
    configuration files syntax will change for support external kernel loading.

so, let me make root_chooser v6 and a custom kernel for boot everything.
    i'll update you soon!

Cheers!
    i did it!
    the touchpad WORKS!
    ensure to have xf86-input-synaptics package installed ( on ubuntu should be 'xserver-xorg-input-synaptics' ).

as usually you can find everything here: https://github.com/tux-mind/tf201-dev
    for update your TF201 follow this guide: http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Asus_Transformer_Prime#INSTALLING_THE_KERNEL

we ALWAYS provide the source code, for now all our kernel changes are in the JB15.patch file.
    if you want to contribute i'll add you to the repository collaborators.

cheers!