[Ubuntu Touch][Halium-9.0]LG Nexus 5X (WIP)

Search This thread

walidham

Nov 27, 2011

I am not responsible for bricked devices

yumi.png

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

What Is Ubuntu Touch?
Ubuntu Touch is the touch-friendly mobile version of Ubuntu. This operating system is developed and maintained by UBports: An international community of passionate volunteers. This means Ubuntu Touch is 100% community driven and independent.

Ubuntu Touch - A Different Approach
Ubuntu Touch offers a completely different approach to using your smartphone or tablet than using other mainstream operating systems. The OS is built on Ubuntu, which provides us with a secure and stable base system used by millions of people across personal computers, servers, IoT devices and even the international space station.

The intuitive user interface allows you to access all of your phone's features by swiping from the edges of the screen to access your apps, tools and settings all with one hand and no on-screen buttons. It looks great and feels smooth.

How to install :

1- Download this ubuntu-touch-bullhead-v02.zip

2- Backup your data, boot, vendor partition (system not needed) if you want return back to your current rom​

3- Format data partition (format to remove any encryption setting)​

4- Copy ubuntu-touch-bullhead-v02.zip in internal storage of your phone​

5- install ubuntu-touch-bullhead-v02.zip like regular ROM​

6- reboot.​

Password system : 1111​

what work :

• Touch Screen
  • Wifi
  • Sound
  • Camera (on first boot if system tell you for permission, just reboot phone)
  • Ril
  • GPS (tested with uNav)
What not work yet:

• Bluetooth
  • Fingerprint

bulldead2.png

Last edited:

safdarhp

Dec 27, 2010
Going to give it a go. Hopefully things will go well.
Which recovery would you recommend? (or can I use any?)

linuxowin

Oct 6, 2022
Above all, thank you for your work and sharing.
Overall, the system works well and is stable.
But I've a major problem, I don't have sound and microphone during an standard phone call.

(i'm sorry for my English (french - translate))

walidham

Nov 27, 2011
Above all, thank you for your work and sharing.
Overall, the system works well and is stable.
But I've a major problem, I don't have sound and microphone during an standard phone call.

(i'm sorry for my English (french - translate))
thank you for testing, i 'm working to solve this issue. Also i have progress for fingerprint, sensor, work but when system try to save fingerprint the application crash.
Best regards

blazeq

Oct 24, 2022
Thank you, it seems to be working well (I don't plan to use the device for calling, more for IoT and it is much better than emulating linux in android).

asdfafdav

Nov 28, 2022
Love your work sooo much! Only was able to find a nexus 5x instead of 5 and was considering return it when I find your post.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I am not responsible for bricked devices

yumi.png

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

What Is Ubuntu Touch?
    Ubuntu Touch is the touch-friendly mobile version of Ubuntu. This operating system is developed and maintained by UBports: An international community of passionate volunteers. This means Ubuntu Touch is 100% community driven and independent.

Ubuntu Touch - A Different Approach
    Ubuntu Touch offers a completely different approach to using your smartphone or tablet than using other mainstream operating systems. The OS is built on Ubuntu, which provides us with a secure and stable base system used by millions of people across personal computers, servers, IoT devices and even the international space station.

The intuitive user interface allows you to access all of your phone's features by swiping from the edges of the screen to access your apps, tools and settings all with one hand and no on-screen buttons. It looks great and feels smooth.

How to install :

1- Download this ubuntu-touch-bullhead-v02.zip

2- Backup your data, boot, vendor partition (system not needed) if you want return back to your current rom​

3- Format data partition (format to remove any encryption setting)​

4- Copy ubuntu-touch-bullhead-v02.zip in internal storage of your phone​

5- install ubuntu-touch-bullhead-v02.zip like regular ROM​

6- reboot.​

Password system : 1111​

what work :

• Touch Screen
    • Wifi
    • Sound
    • Camera (on first boot if system tell you for permission, just reboot phone)
    • Ril
    • GPS (tested with uNav)
    What not work yet:

• Bluetooth
    • Fingerprint

bulldead2.png