New version is uploaded
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TysiGfyohYXI0KvHebbhGilNX4-GBOZk

Fix some bugs :
- Alarm application work now
- Bluetooth work partially, bugs related to Ubuntu Touch rootfs
- Anbox supported now, if any one want test it i will give him instruction
- Fix permissions errors
awesome !

btw a guy is running a regular desktop version of ubuntu 18.04 on top of your build ! : https://www.reddit.com/r/lgv20/comments/gbauvk/update_ubuntu_desktop_on_external_monitor/

Last edited:

ehsjoar67

Nov 2, 2020
Some issues

Hi There,

I installed the latest image (ubuntu-touch-h918-01-01-2020) on my LG V20 h918. I am running into some issues and I wanted to see if anybody else had the same
  • Forgets wifi credentials after every reboot
  • Hangs during shutdown or reboot (need to remove the battery)
  • GPS does not seem to work (uNAV says "waiting for GPS" forever)

Cheers,

// Jonas

aedahh

Sep 28, 2016
hi Jonas, I also just got my h918 installed with this port few days ago and can confirmed I have all those issue you listed.
Also incoming and outgoing calls are not working, no sound.
MMS multimedia message also does not work but plain text message works.
Alarm also does not work when device screen is off.

I've posted my issue forums.ubports.com/topic/3367/lg-v20-t-mobile-h918/26
Did you use the regular rootfs or Edge? I used the regular rootfs, downloading Edge now, will try it soon.
@walidham, how do I check what is the version of the system.img from the link at ubports vs the latest you have in this thread, are they same or which is newer?
Thanks !

Last edited:

aedahh

Sep 28, 2016
hello, somehow I cannot unlock or shh my phone with the old pass after the steps below. How can I set password again?
I was running Ubuntu Touch with version from https://forums.ubports.com/topic/3367/lg-v20-t-mobile-h918/2, which I think is older. After installing ubuntu-touch-h918-01-01-2020.zip I notice UI is much smoother and less lag.

What I did:
1. I downloaded the ubuntu-touch-h918-01-01-2020.zip from this thread
2. Boot my phone into TWRP, wipe, then format data
3. Still from TWRP, install ubuntu-touch-h918-01-01-2020.zip
4. Reboot
5. After phone booted, it when through the language selection, device name, wifi, etc setup again (no asking for password).
Once done after screen is power off, then on I cannot unlock, old password don't work anymore.

help please... thanks

aedahh

Sep 28, 2016
I've reverted to version at UBports post, to resolved the password issue. With that version phone always connected to Tmobile with LTE (have 'L' label) on notification bar but call don't work (I've re-enter APN values).
After that from TWRP I install ubuntu-touch-h918-01-01-2020.zip (without wipe or format), once done, phone connected to Tmobile showing '4G', outgoing call works but 4G data constantly off/on and web browsing from Morph does not work (APN values still intact).

Hope walidham will have new version soon. I could try to compile and build new version but don't know where to fix call/LTE issues.

DillonMenefee

Sep 28, 2017
I am excited to try and get this installed. Finally getting to test Ubuntu Touch!!!

Just for my understanding, when you say "While on TWRP" you're saying to use the terminal option in TWRP right?

DillonMenefee

Sep 28, 2017
I've reverted to version at UBports post, to resolved the password issue. With that version phone always connected to Tmobile with LTE (have 'L' label) on notification bar but call don't work (I've re-enter APN values).
After that from TWRP I install ubuntu-touch-h918-01-01-2020.zip (without wipe or format), once done, phone connected to Tmobile showing '4G', outgoing call works but 4G data constantly off/on and web browsing from Morph does not work (APN values still intact).

Hope walidham will have new version soon. I could try to compile and build new version but don't know where to fix call/LTE issues.

Can you share the link to the zip that you used to get a functional install? The ones I have tried result in some files stem errors during install that cause the OS to not be installed.

DillonMenefee

Sep 28, 2017
3. Still from TWRP, install ubuntu-touch-h918-01-01-2020.zip <-- This is from TWRP recovery GUI.

Regards

Thanks nopt sure if it was a bad download the first time or what was causing the OS not to load correctly but I was able to reflash the device this morning and now it is working!!!

I can not wait to start playing with it after work today! I plan to use this as a test device until my new Pro1 X arrives

Reactions: pierro78

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone