[UC capable] Shamanix`s WM6 Ultimate v2 FINAL [SuperStorage]

Search This thread

ai6908

Nov 13, 2006
Land of Lincoln
Well first off, I have to say I love this ROM. I switched to it from the official WM6 put out by AT&T and it's leagues better than it. However, I'm having a slight problem and I haven't been able to find the answer after a few days of searching. Before I went to Shamanix, whenever I pressed the button on my Bluetooth it would open Cyberon Voice Dialer but now it just goes to the phone. I've tried re-syncing the bluetooth, uninstalling and reinstalling the voice dialer and looked through numerous settings throughout the phone; all the basic and straight forward stuff you can say. So my question is if there is any way to remedy this? I haven't had the chance to hard reset yet because I've been needing to keep a constant eye on my emails lately, but I should be able to try it tonight if I get no reply or it's said it's necessary. Hopefully there's an just easy fix for it though and I'm just a noob :D

Try the below registry setting with a registry editor.

From
HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand\Path = "\Windows\VoiceCmd.exe" (string)
To

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand\Path = "\Windows\SDDialer.exe" (string)

and

From

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway\BTA GExtModule = "\Windows\btagext.dll" (string)
To

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway\BTA GExtModule = "OEMAGW.dll" (string)

ai6908

Nov 13, 2006
Land of Lincoln
Hi, I'm using this ROM and it's really nice and fast, thank you :)

But I was trying to replace your Comm manager with the "Kaiser Comm Manager(10 buttons)" and it says: Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions.

I totally understand, that you dont want people to change pre-installed stuff in your ROM, but visual style of your Comm manager just don't fit my taste and my modifications of entire environment.

So is there a way to give the installer those needed permisions?

Thanks, MK

Close the CommManager using a TaskManger, and then install.

thespacecowboy

Nov 3, 2008
HERM100

Just a quick question... even being a tech learning all this stuff seems daunting, regarding compatibility:

Will this firmware (or other firmware from the "hermes mobile 6" forums and the custom roms link collection thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=403963 work on my HERM100? (cingular 8525?)

Thank you! Will be seen around here a lot I think...

thespacecowboy

Nov 3, 2008
Thanks guys to any who passed by, I have done a lot more reading (should have before posting blah blah tar and feather me now k) and I'm going ahead... just takes some absorbing as there are so many unfamiliar terms!

Have a day! :)

TheCrazy1

Sep 2, 2007
Try the below registry setting with a registry editor.

From
HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand\Path = "\Windows\VoiceCmd.exe" (string)
To

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand\Path = "\Windows\SDDialer.exe" (string)

and

From

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway\BTA GExtModule = "\Windows\btagext.dll" (string)
To

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway\BTA GExtModule = "OEMAGW.dll" (string)

I just checked those now and that's what they're set to. I guess I'm just not meant to have voice dialing activated by my bluetooth... >.<

BTW, I haven't said this yet, but thank you, both of you, for your help and suggestions. Just want to let you guys know I appreciate it. :)

sajjji

Dec 13, 2008
battery life in this rom is very very short . from 100% to 90 % and 80 % and 70% and .....
frown.gif

Last edited:

chicochico

May 24, 2007
Toronto
Very fast and stable ROM for my hermes...

:D After trying some ROMs i found this till now (two months) very stable and fast also...only issue is loud speaker volume but i can live with that and dont want to avoid SetAccousticParams as it improves sound quality notably.
Thank shamanix

HTC Tytn
SuperCID
SPL: 2.10.Olipro (HardSPL v7)
ROM: Shamanix WM6 Ultimate v2 Final
RADIO: 1.48.00.10

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    awwwwwww

Dude, I found a bug in Shamanix`s super storage ROM version.

When an SMS message arrives on the phone, if it is left unread and the device is switched off, the message completely disappears from memory and SIM card when you restart the device.

It was really REALLY painful n annoying for me, as I missed an invitation frm my fwnd :mad:

Any thoughts?