[UCCW] X_RATed's Hideout. UCCW Skins and stuff.

Search This thread

jubpi12

Nov 3, 2008
Hi guys, first of all thanks a lot X_Rated for your incredible job!!!

I'm begining to use UCCW and googling for info I found your thread, and trying to make one skin for my nexus 7 i have a lot of doubts :confused:

But the biggest one is, Is there any way to make a widget and use it ( using hotspot) to open a folder? I mean, including in the same folder for example all my games, and then using a widget to open the folder and selecting between all the games in there....

I dont mind if I have to use another app or wathever, I expect anyone here can help me and sorry about my english.

From Spain......have a nice day!!! :good:

Reactions: X_RATed

X_RATed

Aug 10, 2012
Hialeah
Hi guys, first of all thanks a lot X_Rated for your incredible job!!!

I'm begining to use UCCW and googling for info I found your thread, and trying to make one skin for my nexus 7 i have a lot of doubts :confused:

But the biggest one is, Is there any way to make a widget and use it ( using hotspot) to open a folder? I mean, including in the same folder for example all my games, and then using a widget to open the folder and selecting between all the games in there....

I dont mind if I have to use another app or wathever, I expect anyone here can help me and sorry about my english.

From Spain......have a nice day!!! :good:

Thanks for stopping by, please don't lose the address! ;)

The easiest (and I believe the best) way of achieving what you want is by using Simi Folders, it's very easy to link the folders you create with it via uccw hotspots.

Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Wabi Sabi

Feb 20, 2011
Great work here. I stumbled upon this thread while trying to find resolution to a UCCW problem that has been plaguing me for the past few days. I am hoping that you (or anyone) can help me resolve it. I have been trying to create a vertical battery bar widget that hugs the left side of the screen and runs the height of the screen. For some reason, the widget is 1 row short on the top and 1 row short on the bottom. When I resize the widget by 1 column, the battery bar reaches the top and bottom, but is no longer hugging the left edge of the screen. I have tried with Apex, ADW, and Nova launchers, but the problem remains in each. How can I create a UCCW widget that is runs from Top to Bottom, but still touches the left edge of the screen? My desktop is currently a 6 x 6 setup, but it can be whatever is necessary.

Last edited:

sixstrings78

May 11, 2009
Sslauncher will allow you to resize the widget the entire length of the screen. You can even oversize the widget so that it is longer than the display.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

X_RATed

Aug 10, 2012
Hialeah
If you know the size of your grid (in pixels ) you can always create a 1x6 widget in uccw.

Get your screen resolution and divide the width by the amount of columns and the height by the amount of rows in your grid, that will give you the size in pixels for your 1x1 widget.

Now you create your widget selecting 1x whatever in uccw, then you input your 1x1 width for the width of your new widget and your 1 x 1 height multiplied by 6 for the height of your new widget, then go back to your screen and resize the widget until it touches the top and bottom of your screen and you'll have a full 1x6 widget. As simple as that! :)

Give it a try, good luck mate!

X_RATed

Aug 10, 2012
Hialeah
Alright ladies and gents, after a long period of silence where I totalled my car and almost totalled myself while at it, your old X is back. :D

And for all my faithful maties here's an icon pack I made little by little, but with a lot of love. ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1372999552179.jpg

XR_Framed, nothing new nor a big deal, but if interested you can download it following this link: https://www.box.com/s/sh3z75ne2zqivil05262 and use them as you see fit.

I hope you mates like it.

Cheers, and be all well!

jgav71

Nov 9, 2010
Alright ladies and gents, after a long period of silence where I totalled my car and almost totalled myself while at it, your old X is back. :D

And for all my faithful maties here's an icon pack I made little by little, but with a lot of love. ;)

View attachment 2093220

XR_Framed, nothing new nor a big deal, but if interested you can download it following this link: https://www.box.com/s/sh3z75ne2zqivil05262 and use them as you see fit.

I hope you mates like it.

Cheers, and be all well!

Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you're ok!

Sent from somewhere else...

X_RATed

Aug 10, 2012
Hialeah
Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you're ok!

Sent from somewhere else...

Dang Bro sorry for your troubles and I'm glad you are okay too.
Have been wondering where you ran off to. Glad to have you back X.

// Lance

Welcome back X

Gesendet von meinem Desire HD

Thanks a lot mates! I'm surely glad to be back. :)

msjen

Feb 1, 2013
How scary! I'm happy to hear that you're alright and best of luck replacing the car!

Sir-Lancelot

Aug 11, 2012
Florence, SC
I love these icons too! Wish he would add an update to the zip.
They look excellent.

the uccw widgets from X have changed many times over time and
I have had them in one shade/color or another since he shared his work but I love it so much I don't want to change. I have used his icons and these LtGray_UI widgets longer than any other home screen in my history of android, lol. The original is nice already but very easy to change the whole look with just a new wallpaper and simple alpha adjustment to the widgets.

Here is my current hacked up rendition of his really great work.

// Lance

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373210366957.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373210366957.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 229
Reactions: msjen and X_RATed

X_RATed

Aug 10, 2012
Hialeah
@X_RATed love your glossy icons

I'm glad you do! Nice work btw. :thumbup:

Hope your ok X....love your icons x

Thanks mate! My sternum still hurts a little, but I can work without a problem. :D

I love these icons too! Wish he would add an update to the zip.
They look excellent.

the uccw widgets from X have changed many times over time and
I have had them in one shade/color or another since he shared his work but I love it so much I don't want to change. I have used his icons and these LtGray_UI widgets longer than any other home screen in my history of android, lol. The original is nice already but very easy to change the whole look with just a new wallpaper and simple alpha adjustment to the widgets.

Here is my current hacked up rendition of his really great work.

// Lance

I really appreciate your comments mate.

That's a great mod btw. Keep it up! :thumbup:

Sosa88

Sep 24, 2012
@footsteps88

Here is the wallpaper and the rest is made by me with uccw i can send you a link with the uzips.....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373234388409.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373234388409.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 241

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Glossy Icons

Ladies and gents, after some time thinking about it I finally put an icon set together. I respectfully present to you Glossy Icons by yours truly.

They come in two versions, color, and gray.

xr_glossy-icons.jpg

I hope they can be useful to you.

If you like them please consider hitting the "thanks" button.

Color version: box.com, copy.com, or here: View attachment 1959773

Gray version: box.com, copy.com, or here: View attachment 1959774

Cheers!

UPDATE: Part II uploaded (Gray and Color) added 9 app icons and 43 device UI icons (You may find a use for these)

Color Icons: box.com, copy.com, or here: View attachment 1996362

Gray Icons at the same folder as the color ones or here: View attachment 1996363

I hope you like them and find them useful.
    Welcome all members!

I start this thread for a good reason, and it is far from me been pretentious, the truth is that this place is packed with awesome, creative people which I admire and respect for their ability of creating the most amazing things with an image, a couple of shapes, a nice font, and whatnot, turning those little things into real works of art, the kind of things I call awesomeness; and it humbles me, I try to learn from them, (I'd like to believe that I've learned something here) and I find myself lucky for I've received a lot of help, resources, and support in these forums.

For those and other reasons, I want to share my modest work with all of you mates, experts and novices here at xda, and the best way of doing it is in a more organized way. (The other day I posted where I was not supposed to, go figure)

Now, that said, first things first.

Huge thanks to vineetksirohi for this kind of Pandora's box he's created. (He must be going crazy with all the feature requests and bug reports, but you just don't worry, keep asking! ;) ) Visit his thread HERE.

Also thanks to all who share their awesomeness with us, it would not be fair to mention some names and forget others, you all know who they are, we all see their themes every day, and they, (of course) know too. Thank you all!

Then, with no further ado, here goes my first. (here, I mean ;) ) I hope you guys and gals like it.

Oh, Wicked Wanda!

WickedW.jpg

ADW EX, 10 rows, 6 columns, search bar disabled.
    uzips (no duh!) you can download HERE (copy.com) or HERE. (box.com)
    Weather icons are mine, free to use, distribute, etc.
    Icons by SERIOUSLY CRAZY. (i've acquired the nasty habit of colorizing his icons for selfish reasons, I hope he's not mad with yours truly) Thanks a million SC!
    Now Playing v5
    System-related info is Minimalistic Text, free at the app market.
    A lot of good intentions and desire of learning.

UPDATE: One of the uzip files for this skin was not uploaded originally (my bad, sorry) the name of the file is XR_logo_half. This has been corrected and the file uploaded.

Have at it mates!
    More to come.
    Lots of downloads, few thanks. Oh well!

For the faithful I'll keep sharing. ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1367388109104.jpg

Nova launcher, 10 rows, 6 columns, no search bar.
    Uzips and wall here: https://www.box.com/s/3aodqtfn5mibysj0tshz
    If you have problems downloading from box.com, everything's also here: https://copy.com/sLdA2xpHykQG
    The music player widget is "Omich Player" I made transparent for this skin. The download link to it is on the previous post.

I hope you guys like this post.

Enjoy!

Coming Back

On vacation with wife and kids, and wife asked me kindly: "Either your time is for me, or for me." I of course could not deny her anything, (she was asking at gun point...) Kidding. :p

Now back I bring my faithful mates something to download and play with if you decide to honor me once more, and by the way, I want to take the opportunity to thank all my visitors (even those who do not comment or thank) :) for dropping by, and specially to those who do just that, your thanks are my fuel, and I sincerely appreciate your kindness. from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU ALL, MATIES!!!

Gray UI.

Gray_UI.jpg

Icons: Stock UI white and mine. (btw, check the previous post about my icons, there's an update to it)
    Usual configuration using Nova.
    Download links: box.com, and copy.com

Now I have to catch up with all the great stuff you guys do, I have a lot to read and thank for!

Enjoy and... Be all well!
    Light Gray UI

Here's something I did while at work, I hope you like it.

There's a bunch of things overlapping here folks, I recommend Nova Launcher for this one, ADW tends to send widgets back and then to front inadvertently, Nova on the contrary gives you the option of bringing objects back or to front and they stay where you put them. :)

Day view.
    day-view.jpg

Night View.
    night-view.jpg

I made every button separately, I don't know why, but I did, I guess It would be easier for you to change the buttons according to your needs.
    The battery circle overlaps the four buttons around it, the clock and the weather widgets overlap the one for the sky, (which is nothing but another weather widget, only without icons) so does the music widget, Omich player in this case. (Previously posted on this thread, if you want it)

The files can be downloaded here (copy.com), or here (box.com).

There are 14 files. (about 2.0Mb, does not include Omich player)

Enjoy maties, and be all well!