uConnect 6.5 (Alfa / Fiat) Root Access

spiderman58

Apr 25, 2020
Could you explain how to apply the fix? Do you need to flash the maps again with the fix inside or just pass the fix yourself?
I change the script.lue of the zip map archives with this one and start with a new flash of maps.

drago122

Dec 26, 2014
I change the script.lue of the zip map archives with this one and start with a new flash of maps.
I try but don't work for me with FEU 2020v2 map, navigation work but database map in system info is empty and don't work speed cam in the map.

drago122

Dec 26, 2014
See on mega, 2020V2 map folder, the first file is a fix for DB. Apply this fix and after you see the map version on system.
I have already tried but it does not work, maybe I have the wrong method, the fix files must be put together with the magic file in the usb stick without putting the map back right?

oelm

Apr 4, 2017
Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me.

I Tried to update the Maps of my Girlfriends Jeep Renegade with Uconnect 6.5.
As First Step i tried to update the Nav server. I had misread the instruction and thougth i had to answer the update question here with Yes.
Now the UConnect is in a constant reboot loop starting with a bright white screen, then switching to a grey screen and Finaly a Blue Screen with "Please insert Update USB"
Jeep_Error.jpg

To solve the Problem I did until now:
- Tried Entering Ingeneers Moder (Radio , More, Browser) no reaction
- Trying to recover from previous made Backup
- Trying to update again
- Formating an USB Stick (16GB, Fat32) abd copyed the status Check script on it.
Folder FS was still Empty after putting it into the USB port of the car and waiting 2 Cycles
- dethatched the Battery for about 1 hr (was this long enough?)

Nothing worked :- (

Her U Connect had before I tried the update:
Softwareversion 15.21.37
NaviServer: 9.10.32.533402

I would appreciate any Tip.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

homasha2

Mar 12, 2020
Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me.

I Tried to update the Maps of my Girlfriends Jeep Renegade with Uconnect 6.5.
As First Step i tried to update the Nav server. I had misread the instruction and thougth i had to answer the update question here with Yes.
Now the UConnect is in a constant reboot loop starting with a bright white screen, then switching to a grey screen and Finaly a Blue Screen with "Please insert Update USB"
Jeep_Error.jpg

To solve the Problem I did until now:
- Tried Entering Ingeneers Moder (Radio , More, Browser) no reaction
- Trying to recover from previous made Backup
- Trying to update again
- Formating an USB Stick (16GB, Fat32) abd copyed the status Check script on it.
Folder FS was still Empty after putting it into the USB port of the car and waiting 2 Cycles
- dethatched the Battery for about 1 hr (was this long enough?)

Nothing worked :- (

Her U Connect had before I tried the update:
Softwareversion 15.21.37
NaviServer: 9.10.32.533402

I would appreciate any Tip.

Thanks in advance
Is your radio a European version or an American one?

oelm

Apr 4, 2017
The car (and I s uppose the uConnect also ) is from Europe (Language was German).
Especially the bright white screen is a real distraction when driving at night and cant be shut down.

oelm

Apr 4, 2017
Try to put PenDrive with same version was installed before.
As I wrote I have a Backup of the old system.
What I did was putting this Backup on a fresh Formated (Fat 32) USB Stick, at root level of USB Drive as well as 2 txt files

\backup Folder (containing 3 Folders)
\fs-mmc0-finished.txt
\discfree.txt
\script.lua (from 2 Restore)

But i did not get any reaction.
Is there something that has to be done before? or are there different versions of the restore script?

homasha2

Mar 12, 2020
What I did was putting this Backup on a fresh Formated (Fat 32) USB Stick, at root level of USB Drive as well as 2 txt files

\fs-mmc0-finished.txt
\discfree.txt

Is there something that has to be done before? or are there different versions of the restore script?
You need to find an Original update for your Euro Uconnect. The version of the update should be no more than v17.07.46. Otherwise, you will lose the ability to update maps. Copy the update to a USB flash drive, paste it into UConnect, the system will be restored or updated.
You can try this update for Euro Uconnect

Last edited:

mobista

Oct 19, 2010
www.BlackMobile.pl
I was following yours tutorial for conversion US2EU (with some extra stuff made by myself):
1. Updated from NA 15.21.37 to EU 17.04.46 (I injected into the boot file mechanism which is starting LUA from USB, so I'm not using ISO method).
2. NA maps were working fine after conversion (I didn't make backup of map) but after installing 2020v2 EU Navigation feature stopped working.
3. I installed fix with 9.10.32.682638 NaviServer, maps were visible but version in settings was CLEAR.
4. At the moment I started to play with different NaviServer, but without success - only on original 9.10.32.683155 I have visible map key but without NaviServer version and Maps version:
- 9.10.2.337961 undefined/undefined/no map key (com.harman.service.Navigation doesn't start at all)
- 9.10.32.614131 undefined/undefined/no map key (com.harman.service.Navigation starts but Navigation doesn't work)
- 9.10.32.682638 undefined/undefined/no map key (com.harman.service.Navigation starts but Navigation doesn't work)
5. I tried to install Italy (2020v2) maps, original FCA EU maps 2020 - nothing works at the moment.

I'm doing anything on bench with some kind of CAN Emulator - any sugestion?

mobista

Oct 19, 2010
www.BlackMobile.pl

\fs-mmc0-finished.txt
\discfree.txt

I mean U need to put PenDrive with firmware, but unfortunatelly without restoring eMMC image it's useless. If U have eeprom external just readout 24LC64 and post dump here - maybe I will have eMMC backup in my database.