• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

uConnect 6.5 (Alfa / Fiat) Root Access

Search This thread
Apr 5, 2021
Huawei P40 Pro
I have already tried to go down to 15.26.1 from 16.16.13 and still no effect.

Tried using Magic 16.16.13, 14.05.03 and MY14-15_84_Modded.rar, and NaviServerFIX

I tested on maps:
-D 2021v1 Europe
-D 2020v2 Europe
-B Original NA Map files

Every time there is NAVISERVER Undefined.
I have used various USB 2.0, 3.1 flash drives. FAT32, NTFS.

I've tried everything.
WIP UStoEU NaviServer2 FixA
try it, it helped me on 2019v1

Attachments

• WIP UStoEU NaviServer2 FixA.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 11

rafal_l

Sep 3, 2021
I tried and it did not help. Anyone have a script for Uconnect 8.4 NA- USA that unlocks EU languages?
Is the file: WIP NA is EU Conversion.zip can convert Uconnect 8.4 NA to EU?

loan92

Hi everyone, I would like someone to help me:
I just bought a used car: a 2015 500X with Uconnect 6.5 navigator.
The built-in maps are very old, so I was planning to update them with the latest maps or the latest ones available for my firmware.
I leave here attached the photo with all the information on the system firmware and the maps installed.
and I ask if in my current condition it is advisable to update both the Firmware and the maps or if only the maps are fine, (I am only interested in the updated maps of Italy and not those of Europe).

Uconnect 6,5
Software Version: 15.04.31
Navi Server: 9.10.32.450226
Database Map: CMCVP4EU; NQEU2013Q4; 20140514
Configuration Map: 42T4-TXKG-6Z4A-2WWX-1ZWZ-L0

I thank all those who will give me a hand.

Greetings
Loan92

Uconnect 500X Info.jpeg

Apr 5, 2021
Huawei P40 Pro
Hi everyone, I would like someone to help me:
I just bought a used car: a 2015 500X with Uconnect 6.5 navigator.
The built-in maps are very old, so I was planning to update them with the latest maps or the latest ones available for my firmware.
I leave here attached the photo with all the information on the system firmware and the maps installed.
and I ask if in my current condition it is advisable to update both the Firmware and the maps or if only the maps are fine, (I am only interested in the updated maps of Italy and not those of Europe).

Uconnect 6,5
Software Version: 15.04.31
Navi Server: 9.10.32.450226
Database Map: CMCVP4EU; NQEU2013Q4; 20140514
Configuration Map: 42T4-TXKG-6Z4A-2WWX-1ZWZ-L0

I thank all those who will give me a hand.

Greetings
Loan92

View attachment 5421493
Have you read the first page?

loan92

@Alexander_ua_kh

I try to write you the procedure that I will have to do:

Stage 1 – Backup your files

Download:
1 Magic - Fiat & Jeep pre UPD(17.07.46).zip
2 Backup.zip

Process:
1. Download and expand “1 Magic - Fiat & Jeep pre UPD(17.07.46).zip” and “2 Backup.zip
2. Copy the content onto the root of the USB drive
3. Start car and let uConnect boot up (wait approx 5min for full boot up)
4. Plug in and WAIT, the uConnect will not appear to be doing anything but if you are using a USB with a light you should be able to see it flashing with file activity
5. After some time, in my case it took 1h25 to complete this stage, it should popup a window about there is a update that you MUST answer NO to
6. Pull USB, and power cycle the uConnect*

Stage 2 – Modify your uConnect

Download:
1 Magic - Fiat & Jeep pre UPD(17.07.46).zip the same of STAGE 1
2 NOW I NEED THE CHOSE THE MAP... ALL MAPS ARE GOOD FOR MY VERSION 15.04.31 or 17.07.46 ?
Example:
D 2021v1 IT Custom.zip

Process:
1. Download and expand “1 Magic - Fiat & Jeep pre UPD(17.07.46).zip” and “D 2021v1 IT Custom.zip"
3. Start car and let uConnect boot up (wait approx. 5min for full boot up)
4. Plug in and WAIT, the uConnect will not appear to be doing anything but if you are using a USB with a light you should be able to see it flashing with file activity
5. After some time, depending on file used - If country / State only pack approx. 15min if full EU then approx. 2h, it should popup a window about there is a update that you MUST answer NO

This should be the procedure, I ask you to read please is to understand if this way and the files I have chosen are good for my CAR, if I have not understood correctly the important thing to do is always to Answer NO to the message that tells us if we want to update the software of our machine.

Im Waiting your Reply.
Greetings
Loan92

Attachments

• Uconnect 500X Info.jpeg
    Uconnect 500X Info.jpeg
    300.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Apr 5, 2021
Huawei P40 Pro
@Alexander_ua_kh

I try to write you the procedure that I will have to do:

Download:
1 Magic - Fiat & Jeep pre UPD(17.07.46).zip
2 Backup.zip

Process:
1. Download and expand “1 Magic - Fiat & Jeep pre UPD(17.07.46).zip” and “2 Backup.zip
5. After some time, in my case it took 1h25 to complete this stage, it should popup a window about there is a update that you MUST answer NO to

Download:
1 Magic - Fiat & Jeep pre UPD(17.07.46).zip the same of STAGE 1
2 NOW I NEED THE CHOSE THE MAP... ALL MAPS ARE GOOD FOR MY VERSION 15.04.31 or 17.07.46 ?
Example:
D 2021v1 IT Custom.zip

Process:
1. Download and expand “1 Magic - Fiat & Jeep pre UPD(17.07.46).zip” and “D 2021v1 IT Custom.zip"
5. After some time, depending on file used - If country / State only pack approx. 15min if full EU then approx. 2h, it should popup a window about there is a update that you MUST answer NO

This should be the procedure, I ask you to read for vafore is to understand if this way and the files I have chosen are good for my CAR, if I have not understood correctly the important thing to do is always to Answer NO to the message that tells us if we want to update the software of our machine.

Im Waiting your Reply.
Greetings
Loan92
Hello, every time you have to answer No, this is a window as an indicator that the script has been executed and you can restart the radio. Make a backup, then put cards 2021

loan92

Hello, every time you have to answer No, this is a window as an indicator that the script has been executed and you can restart the radio. Make a backup, then put cards 2021
the Backup is all right, while the map update seems not to have been done, the only change in the system information can be seen in the map configuration. as you can see from photo. what should I do?

Attachments

• 16331018496999219405808773950674.jpg
    16331018496999219405808773950674.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 11

loan92

Maps have not been updated, the whole process takes 1.5 hours, do you have a European car?
@Alexander_ua_kh

Update:
I tried again immediately after the procedure, and immediately after restarting the car I noticed the splash screen in black and white and on restart the information was updated correctly. I also checked the operation and works perfectly.
Unfortunately today I had a connection problem so I'm only responding now .... THANK YOU SO MUCH for your support. However, yes I have a European Macchian map, but in reality, the update of the Italian map took only 10 maximum 15 minutes for update.

Attachments

• 16331021436331407670306642447509.jpg
    16331021436331407670306642447509.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 14
Apr 5, 2021
Huawei P40 Pro
@Alexander_ua_kh

Update:
I tried again immediately after the procedure, and immediately after restarting the car I noticed the splash screen in black and white and on restart the information was updated correctly. I also checked the operation and works perfectly.
Unfortunately today I had a connection problem so I'm only responding now .... THANK YOU SO MUCH for your support. However, yes I have a European Macchian map, but in reality, the update of the Italian map took only 10 maximum 15 minutes for update.
If you have a European car, you can update the firmware to 16

loan92

If you have a European car, you can update the firmware to 16
You mean this? In attach files? can I update the signing without risk now, even after only updating the map of Italy for 2021? do you have a changelog of this version 16.05.32 TR?

And for update I need to extract iso file on USB Root and when pop message are up on screen i need to TAP on YES for updating?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211002-093539.jpg
    Screenshot_20211002-093539.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 7

Troublemaker1

Oct 12, 2021
Hallo everyone..
I'm owner of a Jeep Renegade (2015, EU version with Uconnect, maps 2013Q4). I tried to update the navigation as indicated in this forum...
The attempt was unsuccessful. (I made backup copy, press NO, run Magic and MapEu 2021 v.1). The radio was working, system version was still 15.21.37. Unfortunately, NaviServer and the map were displayed as unknown. I tried to install next time, still unsuccesfull. I tried to install previous version map 2020, pendrive only starts and stops after few seconds. So, I tried to make backup to previous map version (restore + backup, scriptLUA), then my pen stops.... after some tries I press YES for update to ver. 17.... and this destroyed my uconnect at all. There is no radio, no controls, no navi... screen blinks black then white and I can see only "Please insert update USB"...
Can anybody help..?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Insert a USB pen with official (not modified) 17.xx.xx iso upgrade. It will update to 17 firmwae version. then retry wwith magic files...
    Thanks for quick answer :)

But... I dont have official update to 17 firmware.
    Maybe one of the files on Squity's MEGA include this original upgrade? :unsure:
    Do You know which one..?
    I thought i would start this thread, separate to the Jeep one as the Jeep thread is for the 8.4" uConnect and uses some different files to the 6.5" version.

The aim of the thread is to be able to gain some sort of 'root' access to the file system to be able to update the maps on the system. So far I know cm0002 and Leighm0 have done some great work with the 8.4" - Most of which we can use on the 6.5".....once we have access to the file system.

The problem we seem to be facing is finding a swdl.iso that is old enough to be modified for our 6.5" units.

Mission Accomplished.... mostly

Disclaimer: I can not be held responsible for any damages to your uConnect, Car or your hair falling out from running this modification.
    That being said, if you do have a problem please contact me and I will see if I can help you fix it.

For all those people still on v17.07.46 or older uConnect 6.5 firmware I offer you a “jailbreak”, you can now update your maps to the latest versions (currently offering EU 2018Q3 / NA 2018Q1 in my pack). I have to warn you though, the process can take a lot of time!

For those of you who have updated your 6.5 uConnect to v17.35.41 or v18, I am still working on how to update those, FCA / Alfa changed the locks with that update!

For a Full EU / NA update, if you follow my instructions fully, it will take approx. 4hours during which time your uConnect must remain powered on. This time can be greatly reduced by only updating the country or countries you need, or if you are feeling brave, skipping Step 1.

Files / Items needed:
    uConnect 6.5 running v17 or older firmware -Supporting Alfa, Fiat and Jeeps too!
    At least 8gb USB Drive ***preferably with a flashing led light so you can see file access***
    Files from
    https://mega.nz/#F!kURhTCbJ!uJhKPMyGiESbvQSDb33CvQ

Download:
    1 Magic -Alfa pre UPD.zip -For Alfa
    1 Magic -Fiat & Jeep pre UPD.zip -For Fiat / Jeep
    2 Backup.zip

Process:
    1. Download and expand “1 Magic -XXX.zip” and “2 Backup.zip”

After that you now have a backup of all the system and map files we are going to change on your uConnect.

KEEP THEM SAFE!

Either use a second USB for stage 2, save the backup folder to your computer or if your like me and use a 16gb USB stick you can leave it where it is.

I have now uploaded copies of the official EU Map Packs from (A) 2013, 2015 and 2017, NA Map Packs (B) 2013, and ROW Map Packs (C) WIP that will function as a backup or official upgrade for anybody needing them, restoring your uConnect back to stock.

***If you have a newer set of Original Map files please contact me, and I can add them to the drive for all to benefit from***

Download:
    1 Magic.zip --You should already have this if you completed Stage 1
    D EU Custom 2018 HNEU2018Q3v2.zip --Full EU
    E NA Custom 2018 HNNA2018Q1.zip --Full North America
    Or
    D UK Custom 2018 HNUK2018Q3.zip --UK Only
    D FR Custom 2018 HNFR2018Q3.zip --France Only
    D DE Custom 2018 HNDE2018Q3.zip --Germany Only
    D IT Custom 2018 HNIT2018Q3.zip --Italy Only
    ***There will be other country / State only update packs soon***
    Or
    A EU 2013 Original NQEU2012Q4.zip --Stock 2013 Maps, Original EU Release
    A EU Update 2017 HMEU2015Q4.zip --Newest Original Map files released 2017
    B NA 2013 Original NQNA2013Q4.zip --Stock 2013 Maps, Original NA Release

Process:
    1. Download and expand “1 Magic.zip” and “D XX Custom 2018 HN….zip”

If all gone well you will now have a uConnect 6.5 with updated maps!

As I am sure you can understand, there are still some little bugs to work out;

Problems:
    UK postcodes > Only 5 digit search
    Speedcams > Not working at all
    Anything else… you tell me

Fixed:
    UK TMC now working
    France TMC working again
    Italy TMC (paid version) working

There may be other little problems, but I am unable to test them, please let me know and I will look into them and try to fix!

*To Power cycle:
    Either remove key, lock car, wait 10min, unlock and restart)
    Or use engineers menu to reset the uConnect (Press Radio, More and Browse until menu pops up, scroll down to Reset Radio, answer YES)
    I have uploaded some of the files, more to come.
    The URL:

https://mega.nz/#F!kMYjlSKB!MCC6U1jclb0_aHc-NdocrA

If you have anything else to share please message me.
    There is now 2019v2 map pack on the share for anybody who wants it.
    The map files are from May 2019 (2018Q4)
    Merry Christmas to you all
    So close, but broken lol

Success......kind of, I have managed to modify a swdl.iso to enable loading of different / modified files, on my Alfa 6.5 uConnect running 17.07.55.

The problem now is I seem to have completely broken navigation!!!!!!

I used the idea from post #216 in the Rooted Jeep Cherokee thread and modified the manifest.lua file in the swdl.iso (17.07.55) to load a script from usb before running the update.

Process goes power on uConnect > wait for it to boot up and display "Hands free ...." > insert USB and wait...it seems like its not doing anything but the script is running in the background > after some time the do you want to update question and answer No.
    The fact that is has asked if you want to update is confirmation that the script has finished, however unfortunately there is no indication that the script is being run or how long it will take unless you have a usb with a flashing light, then it will show you something is happening at least! **my usb does not have a flashing light
    I tested it with a splash screen update.... that worked perfectly, so no more boring Alfa Romeo logo on silver background for me at start up, I then pushed the modified NaviServer2, nav.sh and navRestart.sh files and rebooted.... new splash screen working perfectly but on pressing Nav button I just end up on a screen saying "Activating Navigation"

I am in the process of uploading the modified files to the mega share if anybody whats to have a look or are feeling brave
    Navigation now fixed! working on making a 2018q2 map pack for it now.