Ugoos X4 reboot loop

Search This thread

ppalacios

Feb 3, 2011
Hi all!
I'm testing some device because I need to install a MDM application to remote controlling the device. This Ugoos likes me but I can't find how install de MDM apk with owner permission and not getting a reboot loop.

I'm setting up the owner permission with this adb command:
Code:
adb shell dpm set-device-owner com.hmdm.launcher/.AdminReceiver

After that, if I rebooting device, when it loading the launcher the background image is displayed for a second and restarts again. If I installed MDM apk but not execute adb command, device works fine. I need owner permission for a silent install/update application, remote reboot...

I'm trying debugging with adb, but I've connected just via WiFi and with the reboot loop I can't do that. With male to male USB cable I can't to connect. I've little experience with Android, but I'm good with linux.

Can you give me any recommendations to get owner permission? Or how debugging it?

P.D: I've installed another launcher (Nova) and setup as default I device works fine.

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidansrom.ml
Hi all!
I'm testing some device because I need to install a MDM application to remote controlling the device. This Ugoos likes me but I can't find how install de MDM apk with owner permission and not getting a reboot loop.

I'm setting up the owner permission with this adb command:
Code:
adb shell dpm set-device-owner com.hmdm.launcher/.AdminReceiver

After that, if I rebooting device, when it loading the launcher the background image is displayed for a second and restarts again. If I installed MDM apk but not execute adb command, device works fine. I need owner permission for a silent install/update application, remote reboot...

I'm trying debugging with adb, but I've connected just via WiFi and with the reboot loop I can't do that. With male to male USB cable I can't to connect. I've little experience with Android, but I'm good with linux.

Can you give me any recommendations to get owner permission? Or how debugging it?

P.D: I've installed another launcher (Nova) and setup as default I device works fine.
to make an app owner you need to add/edit device_policies.xml and device_owner_2.xml, these then need to be started by init in the post-fs-data section in the /data/system partition, to copy the XML files to system/data use init.rc to copy the files to /data/system, not sure if much help :)

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidansrom.ml
Thanks Aidan.
I read that days ago but in my case, the app is not developed by me. Is headwind mdm application.
Can I follow the instructions of the link even if is third party app?

Thanks for your help
yes looks like you will be modifying the firmware rather than the app, the info is there but your not building from source so you will need root to add the files and to edit others :)

ppalacios

Feb 3, 2011
yes looks like you will be modifying the firmware rather than the app, the info is there but your not building from source so you will need root to add the files and to edit others :)
Sorry for bother you Aidan, I appreciate your help so much
I've got root access and I've seen that set-device-owner adb command execution create the device_owner_2.xml and device_policies.xml automaticly and they are storage in /data/system. In fact, I'm reading dpm command (adb) is the new way to grant the owner permission without modifing xml files The bad news, I'm still getting reboot loop.
I can't to write into init.rc because the file is in /system and this partition is read only. The same way, can't copy decice_owner_2.xml and device_policies.xml in /system partition (this I read on some forum on internet).

Could I get a logcat from adb to get more info about the crash app? I've only wifi adb connection. I've a male-to-male USB and it connected to OTG port of Ugoos device.