• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Uinput? Vnc server Android problem

Search This thread

mac45800

Sep 9, 2012
Hello all,

I'm using vnc server (android) to display my device's screen on my pc.
It works fine with my galaxy note. there is two supported input device : keyboard and touch screen (in vnc server)

I bought a low cost tablet to do the same.
The tablet is a polaroid rainbow i7 4Go based on A13 allwinner 512 mb ram
The point is that I've installed VNC server and I candisplay my tablet's screen on my pc. But I c'an't click or move the mouse.
When I start Vnc server, He tells me that there is no supported input device.

I have made some research on google, and I 've read that there no Uinput on my tablet.. Can you confirm if I'm good ? :)

The real question is, can I install this Uinput ? Can I flash this tablet with a rom contening Uinput ?

Thanks for your help :)

Alex

mac45800

Sep 9, 2012
check if /dev/uinput exists, if not, you don't have it.

Uinput is a kernel module, it is extremely difficult to install it as you need to recompile it with the kernel version on your device.

You can just use our vnc server, vmlite vnc server, it will definitely work for you.

thank you for your help :)
I've just paid 1.62€ for vmlite.. dosplay is working but click and moving doesn't work :(

Is there any rom with this uinput for A13 ?

impactor

Jan 6, 2011
Kraków
You can just use our vnc server, vmlite vnc server, it will definitely work for you.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vmlite.vncserver&hl=en
I bought your server, unfortunately, I cannot use it because every time I connect to WiFi and click "Start Server", a window pops up:
Code:
Info
Please connect this device to a PC or Mac with USB cable, and run desktop VMLite Android App Controller to start the server... blah, blah, blah...

impactor

Jan 6, 2011
Kraków
Might be something to do with the way it was rooted. Can you open a terminal emulator and do the following?

(1) launch vmlite vnc app on device

(2) open a terminal emulator, and run:
su
cd /data/data/com.vmlite.vncserver/files
./vmlitevncserver

do you see any error messages?

I get "Connection refused" but at the same time I am being connected to it through VMLite Server started with help of desktop app.

impactor

Jan 6, 2011
Kraków
Might be something to do with the way it was rooted. Can you open a terminal emulator and do the following?

(1) launch vmlite vnc app on device

(2) open a terminal emulator, and run:
su
cd /data/data/com.vmlite.vncserver/files
./vmlitevncserver

do you see any error messages?

Did you first start the java app (VMLite VNC Server) on device? It will get connection refused error if java app is not started.
Java app? I thought it's an android app. It looks like one and behaves like one.
Or are you saying I should have two programs installed: VMLite VNC Server and VMLite VNC Server java?

I already have VMLite VNC Server started and running. Otherwise I could not control the tablet (it's 2000 km away from me).