uk 1.5 update

Search This thread

joehufc

Feb 15, 2009
This morning I just recived the 1.5 update, I am in the uk and am in the durham county Region , after 20 mins of exploring I think it is great. Has any else recived this update in the uk. Ps I am using the onscreenbord for this.post

gadgetwizard

Jun 17, 2007
I'm in Cambridge UK.

Woke up this morning to find update available. Loaded it while i took a shower.

Love it to bits. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! Think i will now move over to my G1 permanently instead of my Touch HD. Might even sell the HD and pocket some money too...wow, money in pocket, G1 update..could this be heaven?

The on screen keyboard is what needed the most. I like the new browser icon too, never did like the sort of folder paper thingy before.

Only one minor thing i need now, Bluetooth file send and receive. No big deal though.

paulcdb

Sep 12, 2006
Holyhead
lol, just as i was about to do a manual update, the ota message popped up.

Only problem is there's still stuff missing, like Latitude... again! Oh well, guess we'll wait until next century for the UK to catch up, lol.

zgmf-x322a

Sep 30, 2008
lol, just as i was about to do a manual update, the ota message popped up.

Only problem is there's still stuff missing, like Latitude... again! Oh well, guess we'll wait until next century for the UK to catch up, lol.

Search for the latitude kloader in the market. It will install it into ur Map and then u r able to use it :p

butlerguy1990

May 8, 2009
Just out of curiosity where any of your phones rooted when you received the notification of the OTA update? I cant seem to find a straight answer on if you can get the update OTA on a rooted phone or not. Currently my phone is rooted however I do want to download 1.5 when its rolled out in the US.

According to the About Phone section in the settings menu im running "kila-user 1.1 PLAT-RC33 126986
ota-rel-key,release-key"

Thanks

born_2_code

Jan 2, 2007
butlerguy, if i were you, i would better get JesusFreke's build. The OTA will not give root options as it is based upon the ADP1.5 basic build.

You may even loose root altogether, then need to downgrade to do the process again....

butlerguy1990

May 8, 2009
Well im not really too concerned with losing root at the moment. I havent found many personal uses for root yet other then using the openoverclocker app to set the clock speed of the processor which just makes the phone run smoother. From what I understand 1.5 seems to address the laggy issues. Just really need to know if im gonna have to flash back to a tmobile build to be able to get the update or not.

Rmg12gra

Nov 22, 2008
Liverpool & Edinburgh
I like the upgrades. I don't like the interface at all. Too cld and boring for me. I wouldn't use the on-screen keyboard either (but it would be used by other android phones)..

dakka1

Mar 19, 2009
Just out of curiosity where any of your phones rooted when you received the notification of the OTA update? I cant seem to find a straight answer on if you can get the update OTA on a rooted phone or not. Currently my phone is rooted however I do want to download 1.5 when its rolled out in the US.

According to the About Phone section in the settings menu im running "kila-user 1.1 PLAT-RC33 126986
ota-rel-key,release-key"

Thanks

My UK G1 is rooted and i got the update this morning(Leeds) but it wont install, I tried :)