UK Huawei P9 EMUI 5 / Android N BETA Test (official)

Search This thread

Ohle76

May 24, 2012
Schönberg
I think Belgium is easy to small country with 3 regions Flanders Wallonia and German speaking community. So I think it is a problem. Sorry for my english. I am from Belgium

ohennaux

Sep 6, 2016
And when did you see the beta program for Belgium ? 3 days ago it was still not possible for me to participate to the beta test, so I install it via TWRP... ;)

matula1977

Dec 6, 2012
Before upgrade, I want to know if once the beta is installed, I will still receive OTA ? Will I be able to update with the final nougat rom ? Thank you for your answers :cowboy:

Reactions: HmMarques

ylapas

Mar 25, 2013
Vilnius
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Before upgrade, I want to know if once the beta is installed, I will still receive OTA ? Will I be able to update with the final nougat rom ? Thank you for your answers :cowboy:

Yes. I have got a confirmation from Huawei Lithuania they will send an instruction when final version will be available. OTA through the updater will be for beta's only for now, update to official will be triggered through HiCare app, but yes, BETA will be updated to Final too.

rslira

Nov 30, 2016
Security concern

I'm participating already..
I'm from Portugal..

Enviado do meu EVA-L09 atrav�s de Tapatalk

Ola Marques - Boa Tarde. I have joined the Beta program for the Honor 8. I see that the appa collect lots of info from your phone and sends to Huawei servers in EU and China. What happens if you have sensitive info on your phone like passwords banking apps etc. Will they be able to get all of this?

Obrigado Roberto

Reactions: VanXamar

HmMarques

Feb 2, 2014
Setúbal
www.dolphinbay.pt
Ola Marques - Boa Tarde. I have joined the Beta program for the Honor 8. I see that the appa collect lots of info from your phone and sends to Huawei servers in EU and China. What happens if you have sensitive info on your phone like passwords banking apps etc. Will they be able to get all of this?

Obrigado Roberto
I have no idea.. but I think bank passwords and other personal stuff are protected in a way(encrypted) so not anyone can access that.. I'm not too worried because my bank account is always flat😂😂 and I don't keep many personal stuff on my phone..

Enviado do meu EVA-L09 através de Tapatalk

rslira

Nov 30, 2016
Beta

I have no idea.. but I think bank passwords and other personal stuff are protected in a way(encrypted) so not anyone can access that.. I'm not too worried because my bank account is always flat😂😂 and I don't keep many personal stuff on my phone..

Enviado do meu EVA-L09 através de Tapatalk
:) thank you for taking he time to reply. All the best

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news for Huawei P9 owners, we are giving some of you the chance to help us test out EMUI 5 and Android N on your Huawei P9.

Sounds great yeah? Just remember this is going to be pre-release software, things may be broken, you may end up struggling to use your phone, but that's all good we want you to help us find & squash the bugs.

So what do you need to do to get the new stuff on your phone? Well that is easy, you install an app, enroll on the project and then towards the end of the month we will be pushing out the OTA to those that have had their applications approved (First 200).

So what do you need?

- An open market (unlocked) version of Huawei P9 (Eva-L09)
    - To be based in the UK.
    - To have an active SIM card in your phone.
    - To be on build number C432B166 (Latest UK open market firmware)
    - It cannot be bootloader unlocked, it cannot have a custom recovery or be rooted to receive the OTA.

You can get the APK for the BETA app & the guidelines for how to install and enrol from here (sorry we can't post links yet.....) "h t t p://download-c.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=91768&version=358232&siteCode=uk"

Once downloaded install it on your phone, when you run the app on your phone you will be prompted to either log into an existing Huawei ID account (the one you use to download EMUI themes will do) or to create a new one, once done you can accept the terms

To enroll on the BETA test you will need to be on build number C432B166 (for UK), after your enrollment and approval, an OTA to update UK Huawei P9 from C432B166-> C432B182 will be prompted. Once you are on C432B182, you will get the N version on Beta release.

Numbers are limited, when we hit the limit of enrolled users that is it. This is a project to help find bugs and issues before the general rollout of future updates for the Huawei P9. It is not a general public rollout.

If you have problems either installing the APK, signing into Huawei ID or enrolling on the BETA please leave the following details in the email below and we will get back to you.

Email: mobile.uk@huawei.com

Name:

Country you are using the phone in:

Current Build Number:

Model Number:

Issue:

Yes. I have got a confirmation from Huawei Lithuania they will send an instruction when final version will be available. OTA through the updater will be for beta's only for now, update to official will be triggered through HiCare app, but yes, BETA will be updated to Final too.
    And why not in Belgium ?? :(
    We'll help our colleagues out here and post the URL for the apk for the BETA test app.

http://download-c.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=91768&version=358232&siteCode=uk
    Security concern

I'm participating already..
    I'm from Portugal..

Enviado do meu EVA-L09 atrav�s de Tapatalk

Obrigado Roberto